Ready to hit Doggie Doo Run Run

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts
Default Ready to hit Doggie Doo Run Run

We have been in the car for four days, with bird and golden retriever, Crosby. And at the new house for a few days, running around shopping. Croz has been very accommodating (read that moping), and now deserves some exercise.

My question: should we show up at DDRR with dog and sign up, or should we go there first to check it out? I feel sure from this forum that this will be the place for us. I don't want Croz to get excited and then find out we need to do xyz first before he can go run.

We will have his vacs proof with us.

We are in Tamarind Grove, right off St. Charles. Can anyone give directions? this is more exciting to me than picking out lanai furniture!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Gold member

I just picked up my girl from there at 5:45pm; she had a wonderful time in "day care"......a tired dog is a happy dog, right? They have a tub to wash the dogs in (bring your own supplies) - your pup will love it there. I'd suggest you call Scott (352-461-6373) so that he or one of his staff can greet you. Have fun and let us know how pup's "first day" goes!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Sage
Default doggie doo run run

Thanks, Debfrommaine. I didn't know they have day care as well. I will call first.

Still, anyone, directions from Tamarind Grove area?
Old 02-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Default directions

Take Bailey Trail to Buena Vista. Head north on Buena Vista and go all the way to 466 (the first traffic light). Turn left on 466. At the second traffic light (CR101 on your right, Belvedere on your left; CVS Pharmacy on the far corner) turn right onto CR 101. Go about a mile and look for the DDRR sign on your right.

Note -- you must go by car; no golf carts allowed on CR 101.

You'll love it!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Sage
Default Doggie Doo Run Run

Thanks so much!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Thanks so much!
See you at DDRR on Friday!

Biggins.
LolliPop.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Default All 4 dog parks

Hi! If you go to my website The Village Sitter - Welcome under the heading Pet Info there is a drop down menu which will list all four dog parks in and around The Villages, with photo's and directions. Have a blast!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageSitter View Post
Hi! If you go to my website The Village Sitter - Welcome under the heading Pet Info there is a drop down menu which will list all four dog parks in and around The Villages, with photo's and directions. Have a blast!
Great info!! Thanks for including it on your webpage. I had no idea that dogs had to be spayed/neutered. Guess that leaves showdogs out for playing in the parks though.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
Great info!! Thanks for including it on your webpage. I had no idea that dogs had to be spayed/neutered. Guess that leaves showdogs out for playing in the parks though.
Is Crosby a show dog?
Old 02-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Is Crosby a show dog?
Not sure if you mean me, Barefoot, but Crosby isn't mine. I USED to show dogs and currently don't have one because I do so much with rescue and have fosters in my home. It isn't a great idea to have unneutered dogs in your home when you are constantly bringing in new dogs. When we move to TV with the 2 dog limit we won't be able to have the rescues in our home anymore so the DH and I were thinking it might be fun to have a showdog again. We are still involved in a dog show club and help out with stewarding at shows or I handle the food/catering to some extent. I'm currently on the board and involved but I don't think there is a local borzoi club near TV. I was just surprised by the no unspayed/neutered rule but I guess it keeps accidents and fights down and that's always better. If we do decide to have another show dog it's something to think about (that we can't use the DDR). So many decisions!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
Not sure if you mean me, Barefoot, but Crosby isn't mine. I USED to show dogs and currently don't have one because I do so much with rescue and have fosters in my home. It isn't a great idea to have unneutered dogs in your home when you are constantly bringing in new dogs.
Bless your heart ... I really admire those people who work to find homes for rescue dogs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.