ID:	45335  

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 10-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Sage

Where is Brinson?
Old 10-11-2014, 10:06 AM

Near the intersection of Buena Vista and Bonita behind the fire station on the side of a big hill that goes up to the sewage treatment plant.
I think it was an after thought. It your dog poops under the big bushes near the top of the hill and you try to pick it up, your likely to fall down the hill and break your hip.
You can tell the developer isn't a dog owner by the quality, size, and location of dog parks in The Villages. Totally inadequate IMHO.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Not enough volunteers?
Old 10-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Sage

Oh yes, I went there when we first arrived and thought, "You must be kidding".
Old 10-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
Near the intersection of Buena Vista and Bonita behind the fire station on the side of a big hill that goes up to the sewage treatment plant.
I think it was an after thought. It your dog poops under the big bushes near the top of the hill and you try to pick it up, your likely to fall down the hill and break your hip.
You can tell the developer isn't a dog owner by the quality, size, and location of dog parks in The Villages. Totally inadequate IMHO.
I think The Developer was a Visionary in almost all planning aspects of The Villages.
However there is a woeful lack of dog parks, given that each household is allowed to have two dogs.
We have baseball diamonds and pickle ball courts and tennis courts, but a deficit of dog parks.
This leads to a lot of bad feelings in the Villages about "someone is walking their dog on my lawn".

Personally, we use the private dog park daily so that our dogs can run and play off leash on ten acres.
And we're happy to pay for this. For two dogs it's a mere $30 per month. But it's not golf cart accessible.
Many people just won't use the private dog park when the local postal station is free and much more convenient.
I don't agree with it, but I understand why.

The dog park that Cisco Kid asked about is not only closed at midday, but they often forget to reopen it.
It's the only dog park available in the huge area between CR 466 and CR 466A.
Because it's located on a hill (behind the Fire Station), it's dangerous for
seniors to walk up a hill and balance sideways while they bend over and pick up dog poop.
As Zonerboy said "Totally inadequate".
Old 10-11-2014, 11:36 AM

I agree with comments on dog park. For a development that says it is "dog friendly"', the dog park is an embarrassing testament to actions speaking louder than words. I hear a new one is coming but the date keeps changing. I hope it is better than Perry-Brinson. And I still don't know why it closes in middle of the day. Did someone answer that question?
Old 10-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
I agree with comments on dog park. For a development that says it is "dog friendly"', the dog park is an embarrassing testament to actions speaking louder than words. I hear a new one is coming but the date keeps changing. I hope it is better than Perry-Brinson. And I still don't know why it closes in middle of the day. Did someone answer that question?
You could call the Rec. Dept. and ask................
Further information is available at the entrance to the dog parks or call 674-1800.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Veteran member

i wouldn't want to take my dog there anyway in the heat of high noon. Not just for her but the 2 benches they provide in the large dog park, aren't both in the shade.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Not enough volunteers?
I don't think that is the case. The guy from the rec dept. who came to speak at the RDOG meeting re the new dog park planned for south of 466A was not sure about the reason behind the hours either. There aren't very many volunteers at the other parks either.

This is a very poor dog park, and I agree it was probably an afterthought or a band-aid solution to a lot of grumbling about the lack of parks in that area. At least they are working with area residents to ensure this poor result doesn't happen again south of 466A.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Platinum member

not only are the benches not in the shade, they appear to be metal coated so they are very hot most of the time. people bring their own chairs and perch precariously on the side of hill because that is where the only tree in the park casts shade
Old 10-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

It is truly a poor excuse for a dog park. Absolutely not enough room to exercise a large dog.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:42 PM

I can only request that people come to the RDOG3 meetings on the 1st Wednesday of each month, 7 PM at the Eisenhower Rec Ctr. Our dog park will need volunteers to maintain the rules. Bags will be provided so the dog owners can pick up after their dogs. Not sure about the hours. Janet
Old 10-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Dancing Thyme

I think its very unfair for people who were not here when all this work was being done to get us a new dog park south of 466 to be so critical of B-P dog park. A lot of people worked very hard and tirelessly to get this "small" dog park for us. The Villages, if I remember correctly, only volunteered a few areas where one could be built and then a group was formed as the RDOG to help achieve this need as requested by a lot of dog owners who lived here at that time.

I agree with Janet, please go to the RDOG3 meetings to assist and support developing a new doggie park that is bigger and better. Otherwise, let's not be critical of what others have worked to achieve. Thanks.

Here are some links to give you some history.

Vote Now!!

South Dog Park Update

New Dog Park Location

New Dog Park Announcement RDOG2 Folks

Dog Park Poll

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-11-2014, 10:21 PM

Are there multiple RDOG grooups? Are these based on location (north, central, south)? It would be nice to have a dog park on the south end.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.