Leesburg's Veterinary Emergency Clinic of Central Florida?

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Taltarzac
Default Leesburg's Veterinary Emergency Clinic of Central Florida?

Has anyone had to use the Emergency Vet service in Leesburg?

They are supposedly located at 33040 Professional Drive in Leesburg.

Some of the vets around the Villages have their number (352) 728-4440 as a weekend and evening contact for pet emergencies.

It would help if someone who had been their could tell what landmarks or buildings to look for when going there.

I noticed that it is near the Leesburg airport and seems to be near all those car dealerships on US 441??
Old 08-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Default Emergency Vets

I go there often (because there is an animal ophthamologist in the same office when the vet isn't there). I always look for Babette's Furniture on the left-easy to see because it's on a hill) and take the left turn just before it, onto Professional Drive. Then it's either the second or third left driveway.

I did have to use the emergency vet once when my kitty had an abscess open up on the weekend and they were quite satisfactory.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Judy, your cat is gorgeous, he or she looks so regal.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Taltarzac
Default That is one handsome or pretty cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judynlee View Post
I go there often (because there is an animal ophthamologist in the same office when the vet isn't there). I always look for Babette's Furniture on the left-easy to see because it's on a hill) and take the left turn just before it, onto Professional Drive. Then it's either the second or third left driveway.

I did have to use the emergency vet once when my kitty had an abscess open up on the weekend and they were quite satisfactory.
Thanks for the reply. Babette's Furniture is familiar from my various drives along US 441 to the AMC Theater in Lakeside Mall.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post

Has anyone had to use the Emergency Vet service in Leesburg?
I had to take my dog Brutus there on a Sunday in March 2009 because he was having seizures. I was so upset I couldn't possibly have driven myself. Fireboy was in Canada working. One of my friends came to my rescue, and she and her husband drove me to the clinic. Thank heavens for good friends. The trip seemed to take forever, probably more like 40 minutes. Still, a long time when you have an animal that is suffering. I wish they had an Emergency Clinic in The Villages.

The clinic doctor seemed knowledgeable and professional. Sadly, Brutus was diagnosed with a brain tumour and a week later he had to be euthanized. It was a horribly sad time.

But when one door closes, another opens. A month later we were offered our rescue Portguese Water Dog. Of course we still miss our beloved Brutus. But Lolli Pop is a welcome addition to our family and keeps us entertained with her quirky personality.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Taltarzac
Default Barefoot. I miss seeing Brutus at Doggie Doo Run Run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I had to take my dog Brutus there on a Sunday in March 2009 because he was having seizures. I was so upset I couldn't possibly have driven myself. Fireboy was in Canada working. One of my friends came to my rescue, and she and her husband drove me to the clinic. Thank heavens for good friends. The trip seemed to take forever, probably more like 40 minutes. Still, a long time when you have an animal that is suffering. I wish they had an Emergency Clinic in The Villages.

The clinic doctor seemed knowledgeable and professional. Sadly, Brutus was diagnosed with a brain tumour and a week later he had to be euthanized. It was a horribly sad time.

But when one door closes, another opens. A month later we were offered our rescue Portguese Water Dog. Of course we still miss our beloved Brutus. But Lolli Pop is a welcome addition to our family and keeps us entertained with her quirky personality.
But, Lolli Pop is a very cute addition to your family.

I am not sure calm I would be if I had to drive to Leesburg for an emergency either. That's why I thought a landmark would come in very handy.

I have been thinking of switching vets to one that has an emergency for evenings and weekends but I am not sure that the one in Summerfield would be all that much closer given all the roundabouts I would need to use to get to it. I believe the vet in Summerfield has someone there for emergencies but that only looks like it covers from about 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. http://www.vetstopets.com/ They have Leesburg's number after that time framework.

http://www.vetstopets.com/emergencies

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-07-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post

I believe the vet in Summerfield has someone there for emergencies but that only looks like it covers from about 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. They have Leesburg's number after that time framework.
With thousands of dogs living in The Villages, it is scary that there isn't an Emergency Facility close by. When I was desperate for a Vet on a Sunday, I called about ten Vet numbers and they all listed Leesburg as the place to go. Even my Mobile Vet isn't available after hours or weekends.

It would be very difficult to drive to Leesburg while trying to comfort an injured or critically ill pet. I will always be grateful for my dear friends who dropped everything to be there for me.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.