Limit on pets in TV.

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Limit on pets in TV.

We are owned by three delightful feline companions. They are rescued guys, and have never been outdoors and won't be ever.

I hear that the rule is Two PETS.

Will I get away with bringing our buddies? Does anyone else push this rule a bit? :dontknow:
Old 05-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Limit on pets in TV.

Most cat owners do seem to push this rule a LOT. The rule was put in place to prevent people from becoming breeders here. It really applies more to dogs but can be enforced for cats, too.

I had 3 cats. Everyone who knew me knew it. It was never an problem. Now, I'm down to 2 since Jess moved out and took her fat black brat with her. (Don't tell anyone, but I miss that bratty cat.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl
We are owned by three delightful feline companions. They are rescued guys, and have never been outdoors and won't be ever.

I hear that the rule is Two PETS.

Will I get away with bringing our buddies? Does anyone else push this rule a bit? :dontknow:
Believe this rule has loopholes depending on how mant pets you have when you move here. It seems to apply to people who try to acquire over two pets after they have moved, but believe you are OK with over the 2 number if you are moving to TV.

I know people with two dogs and two cats but they moved here to TV with them.

Look carefully over your deed restrictions though would be my advice.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Sage

Before we bought in TV, I asked The Villages agent about limitations on number of pets. I was told the "rule" is two domestic animals per household. However indoor cats are invisible, so only a real busybody would care! And IMHO, unless dogs create a problem, I doubt people would care very much about how many dogs are in a household. I think the by-law would only be enforced if a neighbour complained.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Veteran member

GG

We too have 3 cat babies. When I asked the same question many months ago, many of these guys replied

"What cats?"

In all fairness, if the cats don't roam as ours don't, I doubt anyone has reason to complain.

If this is an issue, I can tell you now, I WON'T be moving to TV!!!
Village of Hemmingway
Old 07-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Veteran member

It's not an issue. I know many folks living here with five plus cats; a combo of dogs and cats to equal over four. Dogs, cats, birds etc.

The only time it's a problem is if you have a nosey neighbor who has nothing else better to do but find something to complain about.

I'm renting a villa now and my neighbors around me have dogs and cats. One has 3 dogs and two cats. And it's been that way for ten plus years living here and nobody cares. There are no Village pet police, just nosey neighbors.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Veteran member

I don't understand why people move to an area with restrictions and then try to get around those restrictions.

I love dogs and plan on bringing my two girls when we are able to be in TV for longer than a month at a time.

One of the reasons we bought in TV was because of the Deed Restrictions we believe they will help to keep TV a beautiful place to live.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:27 PM

I agree with you Halle. Rules are rules. I just finished reading the forum on being carded at the swimming pools ensuring those regulations are followed. So those breaking the rules re pet ownership shouldn't have any problems with visitors at the swimming pools that don't belong there, wouldn't you say? I guess it's a selective process.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:35 PM

Oh and I forgot to add. Somewhere on these forums there were several postings about people abusing the pet privilege. When someone filed a complaint, TV did step in and an ultimatum was given. It was bluntly put ,get rid of the excess pets or move. Gosh the attraction to TV is the restrictions so we don't end up having unfavorable neighborhoods. Personally I would be embarrassed to have TV knocking on my door over such a violation.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:55 PM

Well said, Halle and marlenemiddles. Why is it that people who might complain about roaming cats and barking dogs are considered nosey neighbors? Seems to me that they might be the ones who obey the restrictions and expect others to do the same.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Old 08-28-2008, 03:33 PM

barefoot at last

INVISIBLE CATS !

Now I know why my dog's running in circles

Willy
Old 08-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Veteran member

I'm an animal lover, dogs and cats. I would never ever file a complaint against a neighbor if they had more than two pets. That's outright cruel. Folks have more than two pets for many reasons and as long as their good neighbors, what difference does it make and please don't say rules are rules. People who make statements like that are usually the people who break rules!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Sage

I would file a complaint if the animals were using my yard for a toilet and the neighbor failed to remedy the situation or the neighbor was letting poo stay in their yards. If your animals are not infringing on my rights or property, I don't care how many you own. IMHO, it comes down to courtesy and being a responsible pet owner.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Veteran member

That's a differnet complaint Sam; some people are rude in their own right without pets. I agree with you that if a pet owner is not responsible; then of course, complaints are in order but if I happen to see my next door neighbor with more than two pets; I wouldn't make a compalint based on that. But unfortunately, many folks do and IMHO; that's just plain mean!
Old 08-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Gold member

I'm sure I will be stomped on but here goes... I would like to see compliance with the pet restrictions in place with the exception of people moving into The Villages owning more than the allowable number of pets. They should be required to observe the limit after the loss of the additional pets. I love animals too but I don't want to live next to a neighbor with 4 cats and 3 dogs or a neighbor with 2 cats and 4 dogs. Birds on a non-issue for me.

Nanci, IMHO it's not "just plain mean". The rules are there, why would a resident load up on animals when they know the animals or they themselves will be forced to go? That's not fair to the animals, they have no control over the situation.

We have a real honey of a neighbor who will twice daily walk her dog away from her lot and come to the side of our lot, (we're on a corner), and let the dog do it's business. If she sees us in our home, she'll will go to the other side of the street. We were only there for a brief period but will have a discussion with the perp when we return.

We live in a burb outside of a larger city, in our other life, and there are pet limits also which are enforced, I don't see a distinction because we live in The Villages. Enjoy your pets and give them the love they deserve, just own within limits.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.