Vet for Cats

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2014, 07:34 AM
Veteran member
Default Vet for Cats

I'm not happy with my current vet. I'm looking for a good vet that specializes in cat care. Thanks
Old 04-28-2014, 04:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

We were in the same situation. After doing a bit of research, we were still not sure. I was in Pet Smart one weekend to pick up some cat food and a young lady suggested a Dr. Rick Munsell from Village Veterinarian. It's located off Rt 441, across from The Villages, just North of Home Depot. What a great Vet! He seems to love cats and handles them like he really cares. His staff was great also. He took the time to chat with me and answer any questions. I don't know if that was because it was at the end of the day, or whether he is like that always, but I really appreciated it. We had recently picked up a couple of young cats from a rescue that needed their ears checked and nails trimmed. Dr. Munsell explained a lot to me while he held the kittens, all the while stroking and petting them. They seemed to really like him. He will definitely be getting our continued business.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Veteran member

I too went to Dr. Munsell when we first moved here. I have four cats and he was an excellent vet but unfortunately, his front desk staff was less than capable. I recall sitting there one morning and the phones were ringing off the hook. The ladies, three of them, sat around talking about whatever. When they finally answered the phone, they put the person on hold to continue their conversation. I recalled all the mornings I called to be put on hold. I told Dr. Munsell about this but he told me these ladies have been there forever and nothing will change. They were also a rude bunch so after a few years, I decided the commute to get there plus their rude front desk wasn't worth it.

But I do agree, he is a good vet!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.