Lost bird-- African grey parrot seen going towards Woodridge pond.

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Taltarzac
Default Here's some more information about Boyd, the lost parrot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
The parrot's name is Boyd and he is from the Village of Summerhill.

http://petfinder.districtgov.org/pet...petsearch.aspx

This link has more information about African Grey Parrots which is what Boyd is according to Pet Finder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Grey_Parrot
Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The African gray parrot that I found had traveled over 20 miles and crossed the Hudson River. He belonged to a vet who took him to work each day and one day he decided that he wanted to explore and flew out the car window. I'm afraid the Boyd could be anywhere so hopefully the local humane societies have been informed. I'm still hopeful.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Taltarzac
Default I do not see Boyd on the Pet Finder web-site any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
The African gray parrot that I found had traveled over 20 miles and crossed the Hudson River. He belonged to a vet who took him to work each day and one day he decided that he wanted to explore and flew out the car window. I'm afraid the Boyd could be anywhere so hopefully the local humane societies have been informed. I'm still hopeful.
So, I assume that he is safe and home or at least safe somewhere.

http://petfinder.districtgov.org/pet...petsearch.aspx
Old 07-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I emailed Karen at RDOG and asked about Boyd. She replied that the owner has asked her to take down the notice about Boyd and that he has taken Boyd's cage back inside. She also stated that if I see Boyd to contact her. I have no idea what that means but it doesn't sound good. In any event, I will still be on the look out for Boyd.....
Old 07-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Sage

Ohh, I was hoping Boyd was home. That image of taking the empty cage back inside is so sad. Maybe someone found him and is taking care of him.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Taltarzac
Default That's sad. Maybe the owner gave up on the hope that Boyd would return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
I emailed Karen at RDOG and asked about Boyd. She replied that the owner has asked her to take down the notice about Boyd and that he has taken Boyd's cage back inside. She also stated that if I see Boyd to contact her. I have no idea what that means but it doesn't sound good. In any event, I will still be on the look out for Boyd.....
I do hope he has found a new home.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.