Lost Black Cat - Beechwood Ave - Silver Lake Area

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Default Lost Black Cat - Beechwood Ave - Silver Lake Area

Lost black cat on Beechwood Avenue in the Silver Lake area. All black with just a few little white hairs. Had a black & white color on. He's an indoor cat, but scooted out when taking out the garbage last night. He's kind of a large cat - about 18 lbs. If you see him, please call 753-0053. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Similar Experience..

Dale, I had the same experience and I searched for two days and did not find her. One evening just before sunset when it was very quiet I walked around the area of our home several times calling her name and suddenly I heard a soft meow in a bush close to home. I found her huddled under a fallen branch petrified and evidentially she was unwilling to leave her protected spot. Early morning or late evening is a good time, they usually stay close to home. Good Luck and let us know when you find him.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Veteran member

i have a neighbor whose cat darts out occasionally. She's had good luck with propping the lanai screen door open just a little and leaving a saucer of "treats" inside the door. I really think these indoor cats don't go far when they get out. They're scared being out there.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Dale, I had the same experience and I searched for two days and did not find her. One evening just before sunset when it was very quiet I walked around the area of our home several times calling her name and suddenly I heard a soft meow in a bush close to home. I found her huddled under a fallen branch petrified and evidentially she was unwilling to leave her protected spot. Early morning or late evening is a good time, they usually stay close to home. Good Luck and let us know when you find him.
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am just sick about this. He's been gone for over 48 hours. We own a house here in the Villages and come every year for 3 months. We are heading back to California this Thursday morning which is very upsetting since I don't want to leave before I find him. This is my very favorite all time pet.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum8156 View Post
i have a neighbor whose cat darts out occasionally. She's had good luck with propping the lanai screen door open just a little and leaving a saucer of "treats" inside the door. I really think these indoor cats don't go far when they get out. They're scared being out there.
Thanks for your encouragement. I'm leaving this Thursday morning to go back to CA and need to find him before we leave. I'm sick to my stomach about this. Can't sleep and drive around in the golf cart calling for him for hours on end.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Dale, you can contact http://petfinder.districtgov.org/pet...petsearch.aspx
and post a picture of your cat. Also, post some flyers in the area so that people know how to contact you and also put an ad in the newpaper under Lost and Found. Good Luck
Old 07-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Go to the grocery and buy plain tuna packed in OIL, not water. Place on a plate just inside your lanai with the door cracked.

This is what folks use who trap cats and it works.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Sage

Dale,
I hope you find him before you leave. Please let us know!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Question What is his name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecrenshaw View Post
Thanks for your encouragement. I'm leaving this Thursday morning to go back to CA and need to find him before we leave. I'm sick to my stomach about this. Can't sleep and drive around in the golf cart calling for him for hours on end.
We are on the other end of Tarrson and will be there about the 1st of Aug. If he is still missing then we will try to watch for him. Will he come if you call his name? We used to have one like that except even whiskers were black. Not a spot of white on him and was about 18 lbs. Keep us informed.
- Irving Kristol
Old 07-10-2010, 10:03 PM

Thanks for the help....He is very friendly and affectionate when he knows you. His name is Casey. Don't know if he would come to strangers, but food helps! he is 18 lbs so he likes to eat!!! Thanks for your help....Dale
Old 07-10-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Dale, you can contact http://petfinder.districtgov.org/pet...petsearch.aspx
and post a picture of your cat. Also, post some flyers in the area so that people know how to contact you and also put an ad in the newpaper under Lost and Found. Good Luck
Thanks Duffy....the only problem is that the ad won't run until Thursday and we leave Thursday morning for CA and don't come back until next May. He has been gone for 72 hours now and I need to find him before thursday. If he comes home after that, no one will be here. Thanks for the information about petfinders....I sent them a message as per your advise. Hope it works. Thanks for all your help!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Go to the grocery and buy plain tuna packed in OIL, not water. Place on a plate just inside your lanai with the door cracked.

This is what folks use who trap cats and it works.
Thanks for the hint....I have put out his food for 3 nights, but he hasn't been back. I think he is unfamiliar with the area and has lost his way back. He has always been very content at being an indoor cat and I'm sure he would make his way back here if he knew the way. He loves his dinner every morning and every evening and lets me know if I'm not prompt enough. He has me well trained! thanks, Dale
Old 07-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Sage

When we moved from the East Bay to Lakeport last summer our then 1 YO Tuxedo 15 Lb male, Jack, got out and was missing for four days before he turned up at the side door, walked into the opened door and stays away from all exterior doors since.

Scary out there by your lonesome.

Good luck getting Casey back.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

First of all Dale,

Almost always kitties will return. Is he older? Has he been sick? Is he neutered?

I have had cats all of my life and only one did not return and he was very OLD. For years now we have not let them out of the house but did when we lived in a very safe area long ago.

We aren't staying long either or I would do anything to help you find Casey.

I am wishing and hoping very hard for his safe return.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Question Picture possible?

Any possibility you could post a picture of Casey? Always helpful. Having lost my 'Shadow' to medical problems a few years ago, I understand how you feel.
Have you talked to any of your year-'round neighbors to have them watch for him around your house after you leave? How about your lawn people? Home watch people? If he hasn't shown up before you leave, PM me and I can give you my contact info and address. I would be more than willing to provide him with bed and breakfast until something can be arranged or you return. When he does return, might be a good idea to get an ID chip in him. Can be located no matter where he turns up.
- Irving Kristol

Last edited by macro; 07-11-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: added thougt
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.