needing a vet (cat)

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Jeff Bieberfeld
Default needing a vet (cat)

new-ish to the villages, and we need a veterinarian for our cat. preferably not too far from the southern end of the villages. your recommendation would be appreciated.
also, if anyone has a recommendation for a mobile groomer. it is almost time for her annual summer haircut!
thank you.
jeff in hemingway
Old 02-25-2010, 10:59 PM

Mulberry Grove Animal Hospital, Dr. Vance and Dr. Tenenbalm are wonderful. The staff are very friendly and helpful. 7101 S.E.HWY. 42, tel 352-245-9009
466 to 301 to 42 is the easiest routte for me.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Bieberfeld View Post
new-ish to the villages, and we need a veterinarian for our cat. preferably not too far from the southern end of the villages. your recommendation would be appreciated.
also, if anyone has a recommendation for a mobile groomer. it is almost time for her annual summer haircut!
thank you.
jeff in hemingway
Mobile Groomer
Robbie at Purfect Paws
352-307-7695

He did a wonderful job on Twisted Sister who isn't the easiest dog to groom!
Old 02-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Default Vet

There is a Vet in Wildwood not far from you. Dr. Porter at the Animal Care Center of Wildwood located in the shopping center right off Rt. 101 North just a block or two north of 466A. Phone number 748-6348. I use him for my pets and highly recommend his services.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Eternal Member

I love Paws Animal Hospital right behind Laurel Manor. They are so nice. Living in BonnyBrook, it's really convenient for me.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Veteran member

I've been using Mulberry Grove Animal Hospital for the past 5 years for my two cats and I think they are wonderful. Both doctors and staff.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:03 AM

I have a service that I like come to the house. It is a Mobile Pet Clinic called House Calls. They are located in Ocala but do lots of business in the Villages. The Number is (352) 815-0404. They have a few different Vets and I have probably met all. They park the Van outside, come into your house and interact with your pets. They can do many things right in the van - blood work, cleaning teeth. And having them come to the house is sooooo much less traumatic than caging my cats and taking them to the vet.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Sage

I also have used a mobile pet service, Vet Angel Smith at 352-470-9537 or 368-3673. She is affiliated with Country Oaks Animal Clinic. She has a van and can provide many services right in your driveway or home.

I used her last March when my beloved dog, Brutus, developed a brain tumour. It was a very traumatic time for me. Brutus eventually had to be euthanized which was done in my home while I laid on the floor with him and held him in my arms.

I do recommend Angel Smith, she is compassionate and caring.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatbTester View Post
There is a Vet in Wildwood not far from you. Dr. Porter at the Animal Care Center of Wildwood located in the shopping center right off Rt. 101 North just a block or two north of 466A. Phone number 748-6348. I use him for my pets and highly recommend his services.
I've been finding that when I visit a Vet's office, I have to spend 20 to 60 minutes talking to assistants and technicians before I even get to see a Vet. Vets previously used include Paws at Laurel Manor, The Vets at Buffalo Ridge, and Country Oaks.

We have recently started using Dr. Porter in Wildwood as our Vet. I hear that he does a lot of Pro Bono work for shelters and rescue organizations. Dr. Porter is operating on my 18 year old Himalayan cat in a week for a ruptured cyst.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Platinum member

Park Heights Animal Hospital is great and off 466A
http://www.meowandbowwow.com/home.shtml
Tampa, FL
Old 01-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Default Cat vet

I have posted before about our great Vet. - House Calls Mobile Pet Vet - Dr. Fratello comes to your house. She does not charge more than any other Vet. She and her Vet technician are compassionate talented women. My cats have been her patients for 5 years, though highs and lows (old cats nearing the end of their lives to brand new kittens.) The phone number is 352-851-0404. I know you won't be disappointed. (she also has many happy dog owners as well - she is on facebook -take a look at the site- she also does pro bono work in the local area)
Old 01-31-2011, 02:08 PM
Default Cat Vet

Another vote for Mulberry Grove Animal Hospital and Dr. Vance
Old 01-31-2011, 05:48 PM

Barefoot,
Best of luck to you and your cat next week as she/he undergoes surgery. It is a plus when you are happy with your vet and it sounds like you found a good one.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
Park Heights Animal Hospital is great and off 466A
http://www.meowandbowwow.com/home.shtml
Another vote for Dr. Valdez at Park Heights. He is very caring and compassionate, the fees are very reasonable, and he's close to the southern end of TV.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 02-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Platinum member

Corrected phone number:

I am advised by Dr. Fratello's mother that the number for her House Call Vet service is 352-815-0404, not as posted earlier by ncr2482.

Hope our lost kitty comes home soon!

SWR

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.