Mobile Vet...2nd. Try

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2023, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts
Default Mobile Vet...2nd. Try

Any recommendations based on personal experience for a compassionate, competent and reasonably priced mobile vet serving The Villages (northern part)?

Many thanks...
Old 07-11-2023, 05:30 AM

Paws n Relax - 352-630-8001 The groomer is Kathy. Very impressed with her professionalism and the quality of her work with Miles. It was the first time using a mobile groomer. She came and talked to us before the appointment and got to know Miles and she also showed us the inside of her grooming van. Very, very clean and organized. The van is completely self contained so she doesn't even need any of your water.
Miles looks GREAT after her grooming. He has gotten many comments on how good the cut is.
Give her a call. She had been on TOV several times.
Old 07-11-2023, 09:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldseekur View Post
Paws n Relax - 352-630-8001 The groomer is Kathy. Very impressed with her professionalism and the quality of her work with Miles. It was the first time using a mobile groomer. She came and talked to us before the appointment and got to know Miles and she also showed us the inside of her grooming van. Very, very clean and organized. The van is completely self contained so she doesn't even need any of your water.
Miles looks GREAT after her grooming. He has gotten many comments on how good the cut is.
Give her a call. She had been on TOV several times.
She’s looking for a veterinarian not a groomer.
Old 07-11-2023, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Clay Oaks Vet, 352-817-9373. Good luck with you pet, but they aren't inexpensive.
Old 07-11-2023, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
Clay Oaks Vet, 352-817-9373. Good luck with you pet, but they aren't inexpensive.
Thank you.
Old 07-11-2023, 02:54 PM
Sage

so coincidental that i saw ur post today. it so happened they were by my house today to see the 65lb dog i can't lift into the back seat anymore. that's the real reason i chose them. here i have some basic costs associated with the visit: house call less than 40miles, (which you fit into) is $80. physical exam without bloodwork was $50. nail trim is 35$, and MASSIVE bloodwork inc. senior profile & heartworm test was just under $400. so yeah, be prepared to spend, but when that massive truck pulls up, it's a full functioning hospital with xray machines, surgical table for procedures, and a full dental tub setup that lets them do everything right in front of your home. i'm sure that's where the majority of the $$ goes, i can't imagine the upkeep costs of such an arrangement... btw: i learned many of the so called mobile vets do euthanization only, Clay Oaks is the only 1 i found in my area that does medicine. they are friendly & VERY good with pets. i was a vet tech up north for many years, & this vet has excellent services & is very knowledgeable. i hope i helped you!!
Old 07-11-2023, 04:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
so coincidental that i saw ur post today. it so happened they were by my house today to see the 65lb dog i can't lift into the back seat anymore. that's the real reason i chose them. here i have some basic costs associated with the visit: house call less than 40miles, (which you fit into) is $80. physical exam without bloodwork was $50. nail trim is 35$, and MASSIVE bloodwork inc. senior profile & heartworm test was just under $400. so yeah, be prepared to spend, but when that massive truck pulls up, it's a full functioning hospital with xray machines, surgical table for procedures, and a full dental tub setup that lets them do everything right in front of your home. i'm sure that's where the majority of the $$ goes, i can't imagine the upkeep costs of such an arrangement... btw: i learned many of the so called mobile vets do euthanization only, Clay Oaks is the only 1 i found in my area that does medicine. they are friendly & VERY good with pets. i was a vet tech up north for many years, & this vet has excellent services & is very knowledgeable. i hope i helped you!!
Much appreciated; both the vote of confidence and an idea of the cost. I don't mind paying top dollar for good service.
Old 07-12-2023, 05:54 AM
Default Clay Oaks Vet, 352-817-9373

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Any recommendations based on personal experience for a compassionate, competent and reasonably priced mobile vet serving The Villages (northern part)?

Many thanks...
Clay Oaks are the best! Extremely reliable and great with pets! Worth every penny!
Old 07-12-2023, 06:34 AM
Default Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post

Many thanks...
Healthy Pet The Mobile Vet - Dr. Angel (yes really her name) Smith. She is positively awesome. Very compassionate, explains everything (including medications). Been using her for three years. 352-470-9537 leave a message, they will call back.
Old 07-12-2023, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagesfran View Post
Healthy Pet The Mobile Vet - Dr. Angel (yes really her name) Smith. She is positively awesome. Very compassionate, explains everything (including medications). Been using her for three years. 352-470-9537 leave a message, they will call back.
thx for sharing,...i'll keep them in mind as a backup plan. do you know how far out their appts are? what i mean is, if i call today, how soon do you think they could get me in? clay oaks has a 2-3week wait on the schedule, except for emergencies. am just comparing, thx again!
Closed Thread

Tags
mobile, vet, part, northern, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.