My Boy

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

brostholder: Your post about Shadow knotted up my heart. Several years ago, my toy poodle, Sweetpea, went to Heaven. She was a tiny little white ball of fluff that was rescued from overbreeding in a horrible kennel. She also was completely blind. I loved her so much and I miss her every day. No, your house will never be the same without her. I'll bet there are a lot of things that will never be the same because of her. . . your heart, for one. She made your heart larger, and taught you about love and loyalty. Maybe some day, you can adopt another little one that needs a good home.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
I know just how you are feeling right now. Just a few days ago, my little toy poodle "Shadow" died. She was 15 years old and blind in both eyes.
My deepest sympathies go out to you. I've had many dogs and have mourned them all, and they all have a place in my heart. I used to think it was disloyal to adopt a pet immediately. However now I think that to adopt a rescue pet is the finest tribute you could make to your loved pet who will be waiting for you on the other side of the rainbow bridge.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan

I have had to put two of my wonderful pets to sleep over the years due to illness, just as you have had to do. As a man, I found it confounding as I cried like a baby right in the Vets office. The assistants actually came out and gave me a hug.

You are going to go through the 4 stages of grief, just as if you lost a human family member. It will take time, but knowing that the pet enjoyed a wonderful life, and that many pets do not will help, at least it did for me. Keep a picture out if you have one.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Dancing Thyme

Gosh, this thread has me crying my eyes out. I'm so sorry for all of you and me toooo.... I came to TV in Sept 08 with 3 dogs, 2 of which I have had to put asleep. My Nicky left me in Oct. and Lucy was released from her pain two weeks ago. I'm still crying for both of them and I'm so lonely but I do have Sam, who is a handful. He's lonely too. I am doing a daily search on Petfinders.com to find a new Schnauzer who is looking for a good home. I'd like to get another little girl so if anyone knows of one, please let me know. Unfortunately, I have severe allergies and must get a dog that doesn't shed, so I cannot just go to the shelters to find my new baby.

I wish you all luck and only time will help but it does hurt so bad.
My sympathies to all of you in your loss of your animals. KathI

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Kathy I: other dogs that do not shed include:

Yorkie, Maltese, Bichon, Poodle, Shih Tzu
Old 07-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Kathy I: other dogs that do not shed include:

Yorkie, Maltese, Bichon, Poodle, Shih Tzu
Yes, K9, I know of these. I did a lot of investigating 30 years ago when I was looking for a non-shedding dawg, but I fell in love with the schnauzer breed and have had about 10+ of them since. Thanks for the info. Also, I love all dogs, to tell you the truth and cats too, but can't go near them, unfortunately.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-14-2010, 02:36 PM

MNSPA, Brostholder & Kathie,

My sincere condolences for the loss of your precious pet. Gather all the sweetest memories of your dearest little friend(s) and let those wonderful memories fill the void now left in your heart.

Annabelle
Old 07-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Gosh, this thread has me crying my eyes out. I'm so sorry for all of you and me toooo.... I came to TV in Sept 08 with 3 dogs, 2 of which I have had to put asleep. My Nicky left me in Oct. and Lucy was released from her pain two weeks ago. I'm still crying for both of them and I'm so lonely but I do have Sam, who is a handful. He's lonely too.

Kathie, I hadn't heard that you lost Lucy. I'm so sorry to hear that she is gone from your life, but she'll always have a place in your heart. And she'll be waiting for you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so happy that you're going to adopt a rescue. You have a big heart.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.