My New Avatar

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Dancing Thyme
Default My New Avatar

Let me introduce you to my wonderful dog, Lucy. She is my new avatar. She will be 13 years old next month and his hanging by a thread. I'm hoping she can last a little longer but its been a fight for the past 2 or 3 months to keep her going. She's not in any pain, she just has aged terribly since we got here a year ago. Perhaps the move was just too much for her to adjust to. I think she's more depressed than anything because she used to love to run outside after the birds and squirrels but unfortunately here in TV, she doesn't have a yard and she's too frail to take to the DDRR. I thought I'd share her with all of you before she leaves me. Everyone, say hi to Lucy....

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Hi to Lucy

Oh Kathie I do understand...our pets don't ask for much and they bring such joy. Enjoy her while you can. I have a 13 yo Sheltie that is deaf and aging but does still LOVE her walks...have had to say good bye to previous Shelties over the years...so hard...so enjoy
Susie
Old 09-22-2009, 12:30 PM

Hi Lucy. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm sorry your move to The Villages has been difficult for you, but I know your Mom is doing everything she can to make you comfortable and give you the best life possible. You take care, Lucy, and Kathie too.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Gold member

Kathie,

My greetings, indeed, to Lucy. It IS tough and as you may recall I had to put down my chow-shepherd 6 weeks after moving to TV. With great sadness and reluctance I followed the advice of a veterinarian I took him to after our move.
Thankfully, Lucy is not in any pain or discomfort. Depressed? Why not get a San Diego Chicken outfit and let her chase YOU around the house. When it's time, you'll know and, hopefully, that won't be for a very long time,yet. In the meantime note the advice of SSMITH who wrote, "enjoy her while you can".
Old 09-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Veteran member

I noticed Lucy's cute picture right off! Thank you for introducing her to us. I'm sorry to hear she is not doing well. I wish I was there to give her some snuggles...and to hug you too. I know what you are going through with having to prepare to say goodbye.

Last edited by Bettiboop; 09-22-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 PM

Kathie,
I just know you are the best dog mom. Peace be with you whenever she does leave this world. As I said before and I'll say again, there is nothing as wonderful as a pet.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:13 PM

hi Lucy, You are a sweetie and make a great avatar. Kathie, I agree with the others, you're a good dogie mom, by giving Lucy all the love she needs

Thoughts are with both of you!
Old 09-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Default Lucy

Hi Kathie...I know how hard you are trying to help her along here...you're such a caring doggie mom. Enjoy her as long as shes not in pain. We should arrange a playdate with her and Precious!
Old 09-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Hi Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Let me introduce you to my wonderful dog, Lucy. She is my new avatar. She will be 13 years old next month and his hanging by a thread. I'm hoping she can last a little longer but its been a fight for the past 2 or 3 months to keep her going. She's not in any pain, she just has aged terribly since we got here a year ago. Perhaps the move was just too much for her to adjust to. I think she's more depressed than anything because she used to love to run outside after the birds and squirrels but unfortunately here in TV, she doesn't have a yard and she's too frail to take to the DDRR. I thought I'd share her with all of you before she leaves me. Everyone, say hi to Lucy....
Old 09-22-2009, 06:40 PM

Lucy,
I know you and I know your mom. I also know that you couldn't be in a more loving home.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:00 PM

Kathie, What a great idea to honor Lucy! Wishing you both ongoing love and many more happy memories to cherish! Carm
Old 09-22-2009, 07:13 PM

Kathie,
I love Lucy....she is the sweetest dog! You two hang in there. We are thinking of both of you.
In my next life, I'm coming back as your dog, except you either have to stay home with me sometimes or at the very least, teach me to dance so I can go with you!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Sage

Biggins and Lolli Pup send a loving woof to Lucy.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Sage
Smile Awww....

Hi Miss Lucy! I have had the honor of meeting you in person. What a beautiful girl! All my kitties are waving their paws "Hi". Hope to see you soon.
much love, chels

Last edited by chelsea24; 09-23-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Veteran member

Hello sweet Lucy! Pixie Dust and prayers for you and your mom.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.