My New Avatar

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Veteran member
Default Nice to meet you Lucy!

Hi Lucy, you sure are a cutie pie!! Hang in there and enjoy lots of cuddling time with your wonderful Mommy, she sure loves you very much. We would love to visit with you, maybe a little walk or just sniff each others butts what us doggies are so well known for. Then lick your sweet face with lots of kisses!! Cant wait to meet you Lucy!!!
Love,
Murphy and Bubba
Oh...and our Mommy too!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Hello Lucy. We met briefly a couple of times because your mom had you penned in the bedroom at her parties.

I know that you are enjoying your siblings and your mother and I wish I were there to give you a little rub down.

I am so glad you have been with your mom for your life. You are sweet and good and dependable and warm and loving and trusting.

We love you Lucy. Stay with us for a while longer.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:58 AM

Hello sweet Lucy,
You have been such joy and light to your mom for 13 years. It makes my heart hurt to know you are having difficulty as you age. Perhaps I will have to come over and hold you for a bit. If possible, could you just hang in there until Nonie and JB arrive? Take good care of your mom - she loves you so much.

NE IN, Indy, Tampa ~ Heavenly Hadley '08
Old 09-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Sage

Lucy, you are a precious little angel that heaven sent down for your wonderful mom to love and enjoy. I hope I get to give you lots of lovin before you decide to leave this world. Your mom has given you the best life any doggie could possibly want and I know you love and appreciate her. Thankyou little sweetheart for being there for your mom for all these years.:kiss

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Let me introduce you to my wonderful dog, Lucy. She is my new avatar. She will be 13 years old next month and his hanging by a thread. I'm hoping she can last a little longer but its been a fight for the past 2 or 3 months to keep her going. She's not in any pain, she just has aged terribly since we got here a year ago. Perhaps the move was just too much for her to adjust to. I think she's more depressed than anything because she used to love to run outside after the birds and squirrels but unfortunately here in TV, she doesn't have a yard and she's too frail to take to the DDRR. I thought I'd share her with all of you before she leaves me. Everyone, say hi to Lucy....

Dear Lucy - how wonderful to meet you! We all know you are loved and that Kathie is devoted to you. Isn't that all any of us can ask of life? So you are a very special girl and a fortunate one indeed. When the time comes, Kathie will be right by your side, I'm sure. Once you pass over the Rainbow bridge, you will run free, & you chase all the squirrels & birds you could ever want, without pain or hinderance I am delighted to have met you ole girl & trust that instinctively you know what a wonderful, loving relationship you have with Kathie.

Betty
Old 09-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Veteran member

Kathie - we are renting a courtyard villa until Nov. 5th. If you want to bring Lucy over for a run in the yard, she will be safe here.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Julie

Dear Little Lucy,

I am so glad your person decided to introduce you to all of her friends and their pets at TOTV. That avatar picture sure does make you look like the most elegant of pooches. You are lucky to have had Kathie all of these years. I agree with Betty when she says once you cross over the Rainbow Bridge in the sky everything will be even better than what you had here (hard to imagine I know).

Regards,

Buddy (and Julie)
Old 09-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Gold member
Default Maverick replies...

Woof... Hi Lucy.... I'm real depressed too. My master brought me to this place over a year ago and I hate it... It's too hot, people give me dirty looks just because I look like Marmaduke and weigh 110 lbs, I used to live in the mountains and could run freely in the woods for hours, I could swim in the ponds around our home and not worry about those things he calls gators, I loved it when I could jump and play in the snow. There is not a single thing about this place I enjoy. Keep up your spirits Lucy. Maybe we can meet and woof about the good old days.

Maverick
Old 09-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Sage

Last edited by champion6; 09-23-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Deleted because I'm an idiot!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshoffer View Post
Woof... Hi Lucy.... I'm real depressed too. My master brought me to this place over a year ago and I hate it... It's too hot, people give me dirty looks just because I look like Marmaduke and weigh 110 lbs, I used to live in the mountains and could run freely in the woods for hours, I could swim in the ponds around our home and not worry about those things he calls gators, I loved it when I could jump and play in the snow. There is not a single thing about this place I enjoy. Keep up your spirits Lucy. Maybe we can meet and woof about the good old days.

Maverick
Hey Maverick!

Marmaduke is the best!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Julie

Last edited by Julie; 09-24-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Champ got the message
Old 09-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi Kathie,

I just wanted to let you know that I understand exactly what you are going through right now with Lucy. Even though we have given our quite elderly dogs wonderful homes for all these many years, this part is never easy. Annie is 15 and a half now.

Boomer...and from Annie, too.........

Hi Lucy...from Annie....Someday we will meet where we will run and play.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:18 PM

Hi lucy, i wish regis and logan could have you over to visit us and run free in our back yard. Chase some butterflies and dragonflies with them too. You have earned your relaxation years.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Oh Kathie, thank you form sharing your love for Lucy. She is adorable!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Dancing Thyme

Update on Little Lucy..... took her to the wonderful, Dr Valdez today who gave her a very thorough exam and we pulled out all the information on previous tests and Xray's. One thing I love about Dr. Valdez, is he really listens to us and he LOVES HIS animal patients. Her heart is excellent, she's had no additional seizures for the past 2 months, he gave her a liver enzyme test and another XRay of her spine and kidney and says she looks very good for an old girl. We may just get more time out of her yet... ISN'T THAT EXCITING!!!
About the boredom, he recommended I take her out in the golf cart and drive her down to LSL or to the polo fields and give her another viewpoint of Florida living. I thought it was a great idea and am going to try it very soon. He spent over an hour with her and I left feeling very comfortable that she isn't in any pain and with some new meds and her new ventures, I might get her to hang around for a little while more.

Maybe I should get her a boyfriend???? Nooooo, Lucy, your mom first, then you!!! (kidding)....

But I'd like to thank everyone for all the love and attention you have given us, I read them all to her and she stared at me kinda sheepishly wondering if I had lost my sanity.....
Lucy is a wonderful companion and I'm so glad I had her all these years and if I keep up the work, we may have her around a little bit longer.

So if you see this one eyed, graying mini Schnauzer walking around the square one night, please say, Hi Lucy!! She will be sure to give you a lot of kisses....

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.