Need to board my dog while on cruise.

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2013, 07:41 AM

the pet villas owned by village vet.. across the street in the old plaza near Spanish springs great place they have their own room no cage a little bed and TV..AND THE STAFF ARE SO GREAT GIVE THEM A CALL AND GO VIIST FOR YOURSELF ..I WAS VERY IMPRESSED
Old 11-16-2013, 08:34 AM

My baby is diabetic and needs insulin shots twice a day after eating. Is there someone who can give these shots?
Old 11-16-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieInVa View Post
We will be relocating to TV soon. We also are reluctant to leave our little doggie in a kennel or boarding facility. I decided that once we get there, I would try to find a group of other dog owners and we can help each other by watching each others dogs if we travel. We would love it because we always talk about getting a second dog, now we would have company occasionally for our "baby". Would that work, do you think?
We don't have a dog -- yet -- and love to travel/cruise so we would love to hear about TV folks interested in watching each other's pets.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:57 PM

I feel this would be a great option. We could start with play dates and you would know your baby is getting attention daily. Kitty, I understand your feelings. They truly are like children. We even left our dog at A high end Pet Resort $110 per nite. He had his own room, cot, and window. But when we checked on him via remote camera, he was just so alone when not being walked or fed or in daycare for a few hrs each day. The care and safety were there but not enough one on one and we felt so guilty.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Sage

Ok, I'm getting a rush of imagination that we can make ourselves come up with a pet sitter coop. I'm not the only crazy who can't leave the pet, and I'd suffer as much as her if I did.
I don't know if this would work, but what if there were an organized pet-sitting co-op?
hmm...
Old 11-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Kittygilchrest, YOU are a wonderful dog friend. Having read many of your delightful posts, I just know she is loved, and entertained, by her effervescent owner. But I digress...

We have used Bedtime Tails Luxury Pet Hotel in Summerfield many times. They don't cage the pets, and have outdoor fenced yards for play and run time. Out little dog eagerly greets the staff and never seems fearful to go there. Thumbs up.
nice to hear! Emma might like that. so where do they sleep?
Old 11-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlik View Post
ever think of a resident of The Villiages to watch your four footed babydoll? what is the cruise date? I love dogs and am good with them as well. 4 walks daily and dinner on your schedule. reply yo kbowling711@gmail.com
I would love to help you out.
yes, but. it's not about money.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouty View Post
Pet Lodge and Spa in Leesburg, next door to Home Depot. All indoors, you can watch your pet on your IPAD or IPhone. There is someone there 24/7
I second Pet Lodge and Spa. The dogs are not caged all day long, and the staff is excellent. I prefer this place for daycare and boarding over Preppy Pet for two reasons: they only allow neutered dogs, and their play areas are fenced off with half walls, whereas at Preppy Pet there are non-neutered males, and the play areas are delineated by chain link fencing. The dogs can see into each others' areas, and it causes a lot of barking, resulting is a very noisy place. Our golden tended to "shut down" in there.

We have used both, and my vote is for Pet Lodge. We can't get our golden out of there when we pick him up. He's too busy.

There is another place we like, Comfort of Home Pet Sitting. comfortofhome4pets.com. Bonnie takes a certain number of dogs into her home. they are only crated at meal times. There is a doggie door out to her very large completely fenced acreage. The dogs must pass a socialization "interview."
Old 11-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Default boarding for pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
the pet villas owned by village vet.. across the street in the old plaza near Spanish springs great place they have their own room no cage a little bed and TV..AND THE STAFF ARE SO GREAT GIVE THEM A CALL AND GO VIIST FOR YOURSELF ..I WAS VERY IMPRESSED
is that the one that has a little patch of grass where the dogs go potty? Is it also the one near the road? Tell me if I am mistaken....thanks
Old 11-23-2013, 09:13 PM

I believe we should begin a doggy co-op reciprocal sitting service in TV.
We have a beautiful 7 yr old doodle who would love to have company for a week. We are in a CYV and have 2 dog parks nearby. We are only there from Jan to Mar at this time, but would be willing to help, as I believe others might be, if they thought about it.
No doggy likes to go to a cage with strangers, but a warm and loving home - so much less stress on everyone.
Thoughts? Anybody?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Default Dog Sitting

We have used many of the locations on this post: Bottom line..dogs do not like to leave the comfort of home. We started using in home dog sitters..WOW..dogs happy when we get home...well fed, walked and a bonus someone is living in our home when we are gone. the cost is about the same and the dogs even though they miss us are healthy and well taken care of...look in the The Villages paper for names of sitters.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:54 AM

Here's another vote for Pet Lodge and Spa. We take both are boys there for grooming, and when we do they spend the day. I've never left them overnight, but would feel very comfortable in doing so.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
I'd like to travel but just can't imagine surrendering my thrice-abandoned dog to a kennel. I left her for 21 days with my son in the house with her, and that went OK.
I want to think I'm just overly protective, but my housekeeper, whom Emma loves dearly (as do I), says that whenever I leave the house the dog goes into a mope.
I can still see her big brown eyes before I adopted her. Sad, too big for her cage, 15 lbs underweight bc the food was dried corn preserved to stay in a bag forever.

I really would like to travel, but not if Emma has to go in a cage or a kennel. A little help here. I'm sure it goes ok for a lot of dogs...
In ref to your post above, I was wondering if you ever found a solution for your sweet pet which gives you the ability to travel? We too, like to travel once in a while and we are looking for someone with a dog who might like to trade off pet sitting with another dog owner. I also have a dear friend here in TV who uses a "pet share" concept with a friend who loves dogs but does not want / or can't keep a dog full time. When they go out of town for a few days, her dog loving friend gets to 'share' doggie companionship and the dog is the winner with lots of loving. Is there anyone else interested in this concept?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:23 AM

I would like an average of cost for those that stay the night-
Old 04-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowder View Post
In ref to your post above, I was wondering if you ever found a solution for your sweet pet which gives you the ability to travel? We too, like to travel once in a while and we are looking for someone with a dog who might like to trade off pet sitting with another dog owner. I also have a dear friend here in TV who uses a "pet share" concept with a friend who loves dogs but does not want / or can't keep a dog full time. When they go out of town for a few days, her dog loving friend gets to 'share' doggie companionship and the dog is the winner with lots of loving. Is there anyone else interested in this concept?
I am interested in such a concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didiwinbob View Post
I would like an average of cost for those that stay the night-
It depends on the size of your dog at Pet Lodge and Spa. They are around $30 for the big dogs. Bonnie at http://www.comfortsofhomepetsittingllc.com/ is $25--no crates except at feeding, and lots of fenced land to roam. But she's about 30 minutes away, out by the Ocala National Forest. Our sitter who stays at the house, Julie Nalley (but she's away for 6 weeks right now), is $30/night. She takes care of our bird too, but I think the $30 is her flat fee.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.