Need a cat "whisperer"

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2017, 06:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield View Post
Our dear sweet Molly has started marking her territory after my sister's dog came to visit. Our last resort would be to put her down which would break our hearts.
It's two months after you started this thread -- I hope by now you've found a strategy that works for Molly.
Others may have a similar problem, so please let us know.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:37 PM

Did you make sure she did not have a UTI? Cats who have them usually will not use their litter box.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Try putting washable throw rugs near the litter. A secret is that a lot of kitties use throw rugs near their litter.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:54 PM

Put litter boxes where she is "going".
Old 08-24-2017, 05:14 AM

An X-ray showed that Molly had a bladder stone. After a very expensive surgery, she seemed to be her old self. However, she went on a chair on the lanai while my sister was watching her. She must have smelled an old urine marking and thought "oh, I can use this as my litter box also." We removed the chair and things seem to be ok. Thank you for all of your suggestions.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
An X-ray showed that Molly had a bladder stone. After a very expensive surgery, she seemed to be her old self. However, she went on a chair on the lanai while my sister was watching her. She must have smelled an old urine marking and thought "oh, I can use this as my litter box also." We removed the chair and things seem to be ok. Thank you for all of your suggestions.
So glad for Molly--and for you!
Old 08-24-2017, 03:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Excellent - you're a good pet owner to take the time and expense to get to the root of the problem.
And I'm very glad that things turned out for you and Molly.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Great news that you found the source of the issue and took such good care of Molly. Glad to hear she's doing better!
Closed Thread

Tags
territory, sweet, whisperer, cat, feel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.