No Fences - whose idea?

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2010, 06:20 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 06-01-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Default HEMINGWAY fences look great!!!!

You all are welcome to look at our ranch homes in Hemingway with our white 6 ft. vinyl fences----all inner NASH LOOP. I think we have a great neighborhood and most of us seem to be here for the fences for our dogs. Some of us are nudists and prefer a little backyard privacy also. We seem to pick up our dog @#*T and respect our neighbors. So, some of The Villages work well with fences. I too would have had to buy a CYV for my dog but my great realtor knew about NASH LOOP. Because we have lots of dogs, we all watch out for each other and share a common interest. We dog sit for each other. Fences DO MAKE good neighbors....
Old 04-27-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maury View Post
You all are welcome to look at our ranch homes in Hemingway with our white 6 ft. vinyl fences----all inner NASH LOOP. I think we have a great neighborhood and most of us seem to be here for the fences for our dogs. Some of us are nudists and prefer a little backyard privacy also. We seem to pick up our dog @#*T and respect our neighbors. So, some of The Villages work well with fences. I too would have had to buy a CYV for my dog but my great realtor knew about NASH LOOP. Because we have lots of dogs, we all watch out for each other and share a common interest. We dog sit for each other. Fences DO MAKE good neighbors....
Nudist? In that case I am against all fences. LOL When we were younger we would frequent nude beaches when we travelled. Learned how painful sunburn could be in certain places and that sand can find its way into everywhere. We gave that up when I started to be mistaken for a beached whale. Woke up once to find a group of people trying to push me back in the water. LOL
Old 04-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 06-01-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-27-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
We bought our CYV to accommodate our dogs, too. We've been in TV for a week now and are looking at golf carts now. Of course, we must have a 4 seater, in order to accomodate our dogs. Yup, call me crazy, but I'll never be without canine companionship.
I showed my wife some pictures of two seater carts last night and guess what her first question was?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Sage
Default Another shameless post of Caly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I showed my wife some pictures of two seater carts last night and guess what her first question was?
FYI, Fences are allowed on golf carts in TV

The Villages Florida
Old 04-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'll bet Mrs. Vinny said: "Where do our dogs sit????"
Old 04-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

"Since a ranch is what we'd prefer when we retire at the end of this year, but also curious as to what village allows the white vinyl fences when others were saying it is not allowed, out of curiousity I typed into the google search engine: trulia the villages florida nash loop resales."

I typed in "the villages florida nash loop resales." and got

NO RESULTS.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
We have moved alot and even if you have great neighbors when you move in or you think you do. some people don't wear well, and you have no control over who may move in next door in the future. I think we will end up with a CYV's because of it.

They allow hedges and plantings right??? A well maintained hedge (except for the dog issue and we don't have one) acctually gives more privacy than a fence.
Most of the restrictive covenants say that hedges (defined as plantings less than three feet apart which you cannot walk through) are limited in height to 4'.... A four foot high fence does not do much.

Chuck
Old 04-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 06-01-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckw View Post
Most of the restrictive covenants say that hedges (defined as plantings less than three feet apart which you cannot walk through) are limited in height to 4'.... A four foot high fence does not do much.

Chuck
So it's O.K. to have a 4' hedge installed but not a fence? Solves my fence problem!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 06-01-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Default Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
I'll bet Mrs. Vinny said: "Where do our dogs sit????"
Yep. She is the leader of the pack.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Trulia is the website, so type in as follows (into the google search engine)

trulia the villages florida nash loop resales

I printed it out with the photo to show my husband.

Another person on the forum awhile back, I believe a policeman , also directed people to the Florida Sex Offenders Registry. I just printed that out as well.

It's a small percentage compared to the large population in TV, however, I was simply looking for the ranch homes' photos, with the picket fences and what a surprise.
I would think from the offender's point of view that they want to live in a community with as few children as possible to avoid temptation but that probably makes it worse for those with grand children that visit in the Villages. Unfortunately, as I have learned in my 13 moves, you cannot escape the evil element out there. I am every vigilant but that goes hand in hand with being raised in NYC.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Thank heavens. Those restrictions. I like 'em.
I like them too, GG. Wouldn't have bought here without them. Better yet, they are enforced.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.