Oliver sighting

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Smile Oliver sighting

Out of blue I received a phone call yesterday as a result of an alert I had placed about 15 months ago after Oliver went missing.

A reddish-orange adult male cat that has been found near Orlando. I have seen pictures, date-stamped today, and I think it may be my beloved little one. I have arranged for a caretaker, food/water, and medical care for this cat and will be down in the next week or so to see for myself. I currently live outside Washington, D.C., and have family in The Villages.

Thanks to everyone, who despite the odds, has been ever so hopeful. I continue to think my little one is alive and has been on an extended 'walkabout'.

With all good wishes to all,

Oliver'sMom
Old 07-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Sage

Oh, I hope it is Oliver.

After he went missing, I spotted him up by the Talley Ridge & Oak Forest mailboxes and called you. We went looking together that night - you with a can of opened catfood - but he was too elusive. He has been on my mind all this time and every time I see a cat outside, I think of Oliver.

Best wishes and I have my fingers crossed that Oliver has been found.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Veteran member

I hope so too - that would be wonderful!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliversMom View Post
Out of blue I received a phone call yesterday as a result of an alert I had placed about 15 months ago after Oliver went missing.

A reddish-orange adult male cat that has been found near Orlando. I have seen pictures, date-stamped today, and I think it may be my beloved little one. I have arranged for a caretaker, food/water, and medical care for this cat and will be down in the next week or so to see for myself. I currently live outside Washington, D.C., and have family in The Villages.

Thanks to everyone, who despite the odds, has been ever so hopeful. I continue to think my little one is alive and has been on an extended 'walkabout'.

With all good wishes to all,

Oliver'sMom
I remember the disappearance and your angst over Oliver. I hope and pray you and Oliver are soon reunited.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:34 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Please keep us posted on the status. I do hope this one is really Oliver. I remember your original post and the effort all put in to find him.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:13 AM

Couldn't click fast enough on your post. How heartening it would be if your next post tells us it is indeed Oliver. My fingers are crossed!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Your devotion to Oliver has been extraordinary and I pray that your prayers have been answered.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Sage

I also hope your prayers have been answered. Please let us know if this is indeed Oliver. I hope St. Francis of Assisi has been watching over him these past months.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Have been looking anxiously at this thread every chance I get in the hopes it is Oliver. I still look for him whenever I'm out and about, especially when I'm north of El Camino.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Platinum member

Keeping my fingers crossed for Oliver. Whenever I lose anything I put a glass upside down in the sink and think about it, it usually works.

Please repost Oliver's photo.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Default Oliver's visage

When Oliver went missing, ah er on his "walkabout" in February 2011, he was a reddish-orange striped tabby cat. Friendly but a bit timid. He was a big boy then -- about 14 pounds -- but I imagine he has lost some weight since then due to all the exercise. He had a round face, a bit of white under the chin and down the chest (not much white) and lovely light green eyes. His claws were intact so he could defend himself if he ever got out. I kept them trimmed and he was an indoors-only kitty in my care. Oliver was microchipped...but I've heard that the chips don't always work or stay in, and that not all readers can read all chips. FYI, he was a neutered male, that as of then, had received all the vaccinations.

There have been scattered sightings of Oliver. The most recent was someone saw what looked like him in a village south of 466. They were unable to contain the cat they saw then safely, and thus I was unable to get there to id him and pick him up. I live out of state but have family in the Villages and I monitor the updates on his appearances.

Via one of the online alert systems I set up in 2011, I was alerted to another sighting about 75 miles south of the Villages a week ago. Since then I have arranged for this cat's food, water, and an updated rabies vaccination. I will get back to Florida in about 2 weeks time and I've arranged for a nice, safe place for this cat to stay in the meantime. I have received updated photos of this particular cat and it may be Oliver.

Oliver was precious due to his personality. He wanted to be petted over and over and over and over again. It was, as if, he was saying, please ma'am may I have some more attention (like Oliver Twist), which is a fairly rare quality in cats. And he purred loudly and for a long time every day. So he was my little boy, and since I adopted him while visiting the Villages, I would still like him back. If not that, then the knowledge, that he is being loved and taken care of elsewhere.

In the months since then, I have adopted a second reddish-orange tabby. That one, unfortunately, is not as friendly as Oliver I, the one that went missing. Oliver II, aka Ollie, is staying in the Villages now with a relative there and yes, I do come down about once a month, one every other to see how the two of them are doing. Ollie was a lonely guy as I traveled alot for work, so I now also have Emma, a pure-bred British short hair. You can think of Emma as looking a great deal like the Cheshsire cat, only smaller (6.5 pounds of pure love). She is gray with horizontal black stripes; her breed is the model cat for the Whiskas brand of cat food. The breed was used as the model for the illustrator of Alice in Wonderland. Yup, at times it looks like she is smiling.

So -- bottom line -- yup, I'd still like to find Oliver I and introduce him to Emma and Ollie.

I was transferred for work to another part of the country for work. One that has a very hot real estate market and while I have been looking diligently for a house of myself, my relatives and my kitty family -- so far, no house, although I sense I am getting there fairly soon.

Oh, the kitties will be capped at three. Oliver I, Ollie and Emma. Two humans. The kitties will stay inside (better for them), and hopefully I'll get something with a screened in porch so the little ones can gaze at the outside world while being safely enclosed. Or at least a really nice picture window with a sill. Yes, they will have to share the sill, and yes, they will have to work that out. Introducing two cats to each other over a period of weeks is very helpful to iron out, the ah hum, differences.

Many, many people helped me look for him. I handed out flyers, ran ads in The Sun, and on the radio station. Many of you here were quite helpful, and I am ever so grateful for that support. I have been told that cats do come back...sometimes years after they went missing. So while the possibility seems remote, I remain hopeful that Oliver is out there somewhere.

Ever so grateful!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	OliverI close up.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	17151   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Oliver1 on bed.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	980.7 KB
ID:	17152  
Old 07-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Default Oliver

Still hopeful he is out there somewhere. I am very, very appreciative of everyone's support!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

Keeping my fingers crossed and all our family paws crossed that it IS indeed Oliver and that he is safe and sound waiting to be reunited with you. Stranger things have happened and people have been reunited with family pets long after they have been missing. Please, do let us know if you get him back. Good luck.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Veteran member

Was the cat in Orlando Oliver? We need an update!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.