Pet door

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2023, 08:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
I’m having difficulty finding a pet panel that will fit my sliding glass door. Apparently the sliding doors installed in 2011 are some off brand, they certainly are not Anderson. Has anyone else run into this problem? I see there is a contractor who will cut the glass in your slider and install a pet door. I’m assuming that is a costly project and probably not a diy job. Any experiences out there?
Thank you
I bought one like this from Amazon. I’m good with tools and have an electric drill. I was able to install it in about an hour. It fit whatever locally made sliding door I have. However, I did need to go to Lowe’s and buy some thick foam weatherstripping to fill the gap at the end. Later I removed the door. I found the weatherstripping adhesive difficult to remove.
Amazon.com
Old 12-15-2023, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I’m having difficulty finding a pet panel that will fit my sliding glass door. Apparently the sliding doors installed in 2011 are some off brand, they certainly are not Anderson. Has anyone else run into this problem? I see there is a contractor who will cut the glass in your slider and install a pet door. I’m assuming that is a costly project and probably not a diy job. Any experiences out there?
Thank you
We had to build our own
Old 12-15-2023, 09:10 AM
Default PetSmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post

I bought this same one from PetSmart. It worked out great. Still can use the door, but we have other sliders we use. Has a secure cover to put on when not at home and at bed. Our pet door just goes to the lanai not to the grass. Sometimes the dog but mostly the cat loves hanging out in the lanai.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3011.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	101703  
Old 12-15-2023, 11:08 AM
Default Got one for you..

We recently purchased one but now no longer need it. Let me know you are interested. Here it is on Amazon: PetSafe Extreme Weather Sliding Glass Pet Door - Easy to Install, Perfect for Rental Homes and Apartments - Adjustable Height 75 7/8" to 80 11/16" - Insert for Patio Sliding Glass Doors, Large Size

(I didn't supply the link because it will get flagged as spam.)
Old 12-15-2023, 01:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Thank you
Unless you want to feed your pet to one of our local eagles, hawks, owls, bobcats, coyotes and alligators, think twice about allowing unfettered, unsupervised outdoor access. Courtyard villas are no exception.
Old 12-15-2023, 04:07 PM
Default Dog door

I am interested in your dog door. Please contact me with details. Michelle 720-201-4888

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I have a pet door small dog, medium cat that we no longer need, let me know if you are interested in it.
Old 12-15-2023, 04:08 PM

I am interested in your dog door. Give me a call with details. Michelle 720-201-4888
Old 12-15-2023, 04:26 PM

Florida Sliding Glass Door Repair installed ours, in the glass. When we moved, they swapped panels between the old and new house, so we took the door with us. The initial door was something like $1100. Pet Door Installation | Sliding Glass Door Repair Near Me
Old 12-16-2023, 08:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Duo View Post
Could you tell me who installed your pet door?
Tailwagger Pet Doors out of Tampa. They were fantastic! They provide a Security Boss wall model door and clean up very well when they're done. Highly recommended.

Phone: 727-331-0504
Site: Home | Tailwagger Pet Doors
Closed Thread

Tags
pet, door, glass, sliding, i’m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.