pet friendly restaurants??

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2013, 06:01 AM
Default pet friendly restaurants??

there was an article in the villages paper about this place being PET FRIENDLY....NOT so !!! most outside places allow you to bring a pet...sit under the table and sleep (they also need the company of others)...where in the villages is THAT allowed???? from what i have seen...NOT so pet friendly...alot of us love our pets and would like to take them with us occasionly...so where can we go ??? to some of us PETS are our KIDS !!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I saw some cute dogs on the patio at Sonrise Café when we went for breakfast last Sunday.

AND...almost everyone does take out, so you could take it over to the Morse Bridge viewing area and eat with your dogs there.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:11 AM
Sage

Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation:

Pet dogs are generally prohibited at public food service establishments. However, your local government may enact an ordinance permitting dogs in designated outdoor seating areas of public food service establishments. The ordinance must include specific requirements established by state law, including permit fees and sanitation and safety conditions that must be met.

A restaurant must have a permit from the local government to allow dogs in the designated outdoor seating area(s) before your pet dog is allowed at a restaurant. Contact your local government to find out if an ordinance has been enacted and if the restaurant has the required permit.

Pet dogs are still prohibited inside food service establishments, including traveling through the establishment. The local permit only allows pet dogs in designated outdoor areas.

Can I take my pet dog to a restaurant?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:16 AM
Veteran member

try a basket lunch at your local vet
Old 10-30-2013, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

Just because you read an article in the paper about being pet friendly does not allow one to circumvent the law!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouellette View Post
there was an article in the villages paper about this place being PET FRIENDLY....NOT so !!! most outside places allow you to bring a pet...sit under the table and sleep (they also need the company of others)...where in the villages is THAT allowed???? from what i have seen...NOT so pet friendly...alot of us love our pets and would like to take them with us occasionly...so where can we go ??? to some of us PETS are our KIDS !!
Well, they LIED. There are a few places left, Cody's outside. I know of a few more but won't post them on here because some busy-body BIG MOUTH will give the place grief.

The good thing about "America's Friendliest Home Town" is they will never complain to your face. I take mine to LSL, I get Starbucks she gets water, we hang out, she can pee on trees and see other dogs-it's all good. Some people don't seem to like it, they get a look on their face (or who knows, maybe that's just their pilly face-lol).

When I first moved here I tried hard to be nicer about it, now not so much. I do what makes me happy and if some control freak nobody isn't happy it's not my problem.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Gold member

I don't get it. I love dogs but why do they have to go to the squares? It seems to me like it can be extremely dangerous for the animal..looking around at hundreds of feet and worrying about being trampled on. Who are you actually taking the pet there for? The pet or yourselves? Sure, it's great to have the little guy fawned over and told how cute he/she is..but do they really want to be there???
Old 10-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
try a basket lunch at your local vet
Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Just because you read an article in the paper about being pet friendly does not allow one to circumvent the law!

Old 10-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
I don't get it. I love dogs but why do they have to go to the squares? It seems to me like it can be extremely dangerous for the animal..looking around at hundreds of feet and worrying about being trampled on. Who are you actually taking the pet there for? The pet or yourselves? Sure, it's great to have the little guy fawned over and told how cute he/she is..but do they really want to be there???
When did one ever trample or stomp a dog in public?

Not all are so small!

btk
Old 10-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Gold member

Wait..before getting angry..what I meant was not that they were 'trampled' but that they could be accidentally stepped on. I admire almost every dog I see at the squares, I just don't understand their need to be there. If I had a dog, which we will someday, I would take him for rides in my cart..long walks and give him lots and lots of love. I just would not take him in crowds of people where he could POSSIBLY get stepped on or hurt. I would do the same if I had a toddler...well, except for the long walks for potty purposes. The point is, these small creatures look to us to protect them and putting them in any position that could be injurious can be self serving.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
Well, they LIED. There are a few places left, Cody's outside. I know of a few more but won't post them on here because some busy-body BIG MOUTH will give the place grief.

The good thing about "America's Friendliest Home Town" is they will never complain to your face. I take mine to LSL, I get Starbucks she gets water, we hang out, she can pee on trees and see other dogs-it's all good. Some people don't seem to like it, they get a look on their face (or who knows, maybe that's just their pilly face-lol).

When I first moved here I tried hard to be nicer about it, now not so much. I do what makes me happy and if some control freak nobody isn't happy it's not my problem.
Medication time?
Old 10-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Medication time?
O/T

Please try to remember that personal attacks are not tolerated.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
It does her good to get out of the house, I believe it keeps her young. The destination thing is me, I'm not one of those people who like to drive aimlessly, I like to have a destination (this is why I don't "get" lakes-LOL).

I don't eat out often at the restaurants, I can do better myself. I don't allow her to eat the food in the restaurants, again, it's just to get her out and about.

So, we go to Starbucks, once in a while Cody's or anywhere where they will allow dogs.

In answer to your question, yes she does want to be there, when I turn towards LSL she gets all excited.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.