Pet Hospital at Colony Plaza

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Yes, Dr. Manganaro (sp?) at Park Heights Vet in Fruitland Park is a graduate. She is the one who saved my Sam's life by diagnosing liver cancer in a very early stage and recommended that I take him to Gainesville to Florida Vet Hospital where they performed surgery. Dr. Manganaro worked with me the entire time helping me to understand the process and expected outcome of his illness. She was wonderful and has since kept up with his progress and continues to research improvements for Sam's condition. Thankfully, he is still doing well and the surgery was a few years ago.
Ditto on Dr. Manganaro. I've used her since Kathie recommended her last year. Very competent and accommodating. Office us not glamorous, but that's okay. I'm paying for her skill, not a fancy facility.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:19 PM

THANKS Kathie! We ended up going there with my cat and saw Dr. Valdez instead....VERY happy with his knowledge, etc. Driving the 7 miles down 27 is worth it---I don't care what the facility looks like so long as it is clean!!..Our cat has shoulder muscle/nerve damage that may be permanent but he gets around fine and he is not in pain. Dr. Valdez is doing laser therapy on our "Lovey"............We think VERY REASONABLY PRICED!!.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2cruise View Post
Someone told me their prices are twice the cost of other vets because they have to pay the villages for being there. Those of you,that have gone there how do you think their prices compare to other vets?
Dr. Drum was much less then we paid at another vet. Our cattle dog had to have a huge cancerous tumor removed from her hind leg/hounch and the total bill with all pre and post meds, the surgery, boarding, and meds to take home was half of what we thought it would be. Dr. Drum is a wonderful vet; he is kind to the animals and calls the next day to see how your baby is doing. We are so glad we switched. BTW- our dog is doing wonderfully!!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Sage

if you board, there is nothing indoors, true?
Old 11-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
Where is the Florida Vet Hospital please?? ALSO, does anyone know if there is a Vet that graduated from Gainesville in this area?????????? It is one of the best in the Country and would like to find one local here. Thanks!
o

Besides Dr. Manganara, at Park Hgts sister clinic in The Villages, Dr. Raquel Fox is also a graduate of Gainesveille and a very accomplished vet! Many years experience. I have used both clinic since moving here but Village Veterinarian is my main clinic. Love the staff and the Doctors.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
Dr. Drum was much less then we paid at another vet. Our cattle dog had to have a huge cancerous tumor removed from her hind leg/hounch and the total bill with all pre and post meds, the surgery, boarding, and meds to take home was half of what we thought it would be. Dr. Drum is a wonderful vet; he is kind to the animals and calls the next day to see how your baby is doing. We are so glad we switched. BTW- our dog is doing wonderfully!!
It would be helpful if you could name the other vet and give the price comparison between the two. For what was Dr. Drum much less than?
Old 01-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Send a message via AIM to Diveda

The buffalo ridge one is soon to open. There must be a LOT of dogs here in the villages
Old 01-26-2014, 11:42 AM
Sage

We use Buffalo Ridge. We have been there during regular office hours as well as after hours and, unfortunately, also for euthanasia services. They have been great under all circumstances. I will probably use the new one that is opening on 466A for routine check ups as it is significantly closer but I have complete confidence in Dr. Rakes and Dr. Vernon as well as Sexton for after hours. I think they mentioned mid February would be the opening last time I asked.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.