Pet insurance?

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2023, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
I have a 5 yr old dog and never took insurance out. Do u recommend it and if so, who do u recommend I use?
We lost our last dog to cancer with no insurance. We spent $15,000 keeping him going for another two years which we don't regret doing. Our current dog we have insured with Trupanions. They pay 90% of bills other than yearly checks. It is $73.00 per month and they have several different plans. They are always quick to respond if you call.
Old 08-26-2023, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I have a 5 yr old dog and never took insurance out. Do u recommend it and if so, who do u recommend I use?
We had ASPCA pet insurance - the billing & submission process is between you & them. I am not sure our Vet even knew we had it, so the idea they bill more because of insurance isn’t realistic. The process was simple & it really paid off well for the 2 major procedures & for end-of-like care. They have different levels of plan coverage, just see what fits for you & your pet.
Old 08-26-2023, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJones View Post
We had ASPCA pet insurance - the billing & submission process is between you & them. I am not sure our Vet even knew we had it, so the idea they bill more because of insurance isn’t realistic. The process was simple & it really paid off well for the 2 major procedures & for end-of-like care. They have different levels of plan coverage, just see what fits for you & your pet.
So, if the veterinary office asks if you have insurance, what do you tell them?
Old 08-26-2023, 08:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

I don't have pet insurance because I adopt older dogs and the price in prohibitive..... that said, a friend uses Banfield which is at Petsmart and she is very happy with it.
Old 08-26-2023, 05:27 PM
Location: Lived in MD, SC, DE, PA, VA, CA, Italy, Spain, USNS Comfort & Mercy...moved from New Mexico
Default Pet Health Imsurance

Quote:
We've used VCA pet insurance for >20 years in 3 states & have been exceedingly pleased w/the quality of vets and coverage.

We're talking primary care, dental cleaning, labs, chest x-ray & BP checks. There are 3 levels of insurance depending on what u want to pay. Knowing that dental cleaning is important to decrease incidence of cardiac problems, we always chose that coverage for our 6 dogs.

Yes, the cost depends on the age of the animal but includes a great deal of coverage IMHO especially when I see what it would cost out of pocket.

Inpatient stays in a vet hosp are very expensive not unlike people stays, but we've had a $3600 bill fir a 36 hr stay in a Vet ICU for new diabetes management.

It's all about what works for you and ur pocket book. Our 4of 6 dogs lived to 15 yrs old while using vet insurance & we used all our benefits, like acute care visits (unlimited) vaccinations, dental clean annually.

Might be worth exploring.

Tags
recommend, insurance, pet, dog

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.