Place for dogs to swim

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2017, 03:12 PM
Gold member
Default Place for dogs to swim

Is there anyplace in or near TV that is safe for pets to swim?

I've read other threads on the subject, but they're old. I was hoping for new news!

Thanks.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Is there anyplace in or near TV that is safe for pets to swim?

I've read other threads on the subject, but they're old. I was hoping for new news!

Thanks.
Bark Central Dog Park

This is about 30 miles east of parts of the Villages. Doggie Doo Run Run has a small pool for both the large and small dogs but only the small dogs can swim a little bit in theirs. photo_gallery Bark Central Dog Park | Dog Goes

Doggie Doo Run Run is about one mile north of the intersection of CR466 and CR101. It is on CR101 on the east side. You will see it just before the cell tower and CR104 an where it t-bones with CR101. Doggie Do Run Run - Dog Parks - 12971 County Rd 101, oxford, FL - Phone Number - Yelp

There is a dog park up in Ocala where dogs can get wet too but it is closed due to worries about the canine flu. City of Ocala : Dog Park Could be open by the end of the Summer.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-11-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Bark Central Dog Park

This is about 30 miles east of parts of the Villages. Doggie Doo Run Run has a small pool for both the large and small dogs but only the small dogs can swim a little bit in theirs. photo_gallery Bark Central Dog Park | Dog Goes

Doggie Doo Run Run is about one mile north of the intersection of CR466 and CR101. It is on CR101 on the east side. You will see it just before the cell tower and CR104 an where it t-bones with CR101. Doggie Do Run Run - Dog Parks - 12971 County Rd 101, oxford, FL - Phone Number - Yelp

There is a dog park up in Ocala where dogs can get wet too but it is closed due to worries about the canine flu. City of Ocala : Dog Park Could be open by the end of the Summer.
Thanks, Tal. We moved to TV from Provincetown--original landing place of THE pilgrims.

Our dog Abby loved to swim in the ocean as well as in the harbor. She swam every day and came home ready to sit on the porch in the sun, have "supper," watch HGTV and then "tfb" (time for bed). I wish she could get to swim again and she does, too.

Thanks for the info and also for the link.

Last edited by Henryk; 07-11-2017 at 05:14 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 07-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Thanks, Tal. We moved to TV from Provincetown--original landing place of THE pilgrims.

Our dog Abby loved to swim in the ocean as well as in the harbor. She swam every day and came home ready to sit on the porch in the sun, have "supper," watch HGTV and then "tfb" (time for bed). I wish she could get to swim again and she does, too.

Thanks for the info and also for the link.
Off topic but...I would take the drive down from the Foxboro area with friends just to spend a day 4-wheel driving in the dunes in Provincetown. Seldom did I get to Provicetown proper, but the dunes were amazing...
Old 07-11-2017, 06:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Off topic but...I would take the drive down from the Foxboro area with friends just to spend a day 4-wheel driving in the dunes in Provincetown. Seldom did I get to Provicetown proper, but the dunes were amazing...
My husband and I lived there from 2000 to 2015. The beaches and dunes are amazing, although they have been very badly damaged in the past ten years or so by hurricanes, nor' easter storms and blizzards. But the seashore is still beautiful, especially in winter.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Google dog-friendly beaches in Florida. There are a few where dogs can swim in the ocean off leash, and some where they can play in the water on leash or a long line.

Tags
swim, subject, hoping, news, threads

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.