Please No Pet sign

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog friendly View Post
Really, these people need to crawl back in the cave where they came from!!!
And take their dogs with them!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Sage

Let me see if I understand correctly. Those who don't appreciate having the pets of other people use their yards as their personal potty are unfriendly. So, basically, part of my land should be available to any pet owner to use for their pet to urinate and/or defecate on and I am not allowed to complain without being considered a bad neighbor. And, since one animal has used the land to leave a calling card, every other animal that walks by has to do the same. And that's OK? Because there is no apparent damage or just because?

Where does this end? Say I need additional room to park a car. Can I use your lawn? There won't be any obvious damage. I might like to practice my golf swing, as well. The grass will fill in. You know, I could save a lot of steps if I just cut through your yard on my way to the square. Is that OK? I mean, I know it's your property and you paid for it, but I should be able to use it, right?
Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Sage
Default Is this really a problem in TV?

To answer your question, NO.. It's NOT OK. But I don't think that the people owning dogs are taking their dogs to non dog owners homes and having them do their business. I think that most dog owners are responsible.

I think the OP is having a problem with someone THEY live near. But I really doubt that it's an issue. Most of the people on this thread seems to me to be VERY concerned about this.

I have dogs and I agree that it's NOT OK. And to be honest, I don't want someone to bring their dog to my yard to do his duty... and if he does please have the courtesy to clean it up. But I also know that dogs are ....... dogs. They don't know MY grass from YOUR grass. So if by chance a dog does get confused. Just clean it up and carry on.

I'm pretty sure that most dog owners would agree that a dog should not be encouraged to do their "duty" on someone else's yard.

Except Fumar... He LOVES dogs!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default HI Angie

The problem is the Urine, not easy to clean up and it leaves a calling card for every other dog to leave his urine in the SAME spot and that is when you have brown spots....It is so simple, if you have a dog, let him poop and pee in your yard, problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
To answer your question, NO.. It's NOT OK. But I don't think that the people owning dogs are taking their dogs to non dog owners homes and having them do their business. I think that most dog owners are responsible.

I think the OP is having a problem with someone THEY live near. But I really doubt that it's an issue. Most of the people on this thread seems to me to be VERY concerned about this.

I have dogs and I agree that it's NOT OK. And to be honest, I don't want someone to bring their dog to my yard to do his duty... and if he does please have the courtesy to clean it up. But I also know that dogs are ....... dogs. They don't know MY grass from YOUR grass. So if by chance a dog does get confused. Just clean it up and carry on.

I'm pretty sure that most dog owners would agree that a dog should not be encouraged to do their "duty" on someone else's yard.

Except Fumar... He LOVES dogs!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I had that same problem in MN. My neighbor refused to tie his dog up and my front lawn was evidence of that. I called animal control three times to complain. It did nto result in a solution. so I then began shovel his property back over to his yard and front porch. the day before I left to come to TV he came over to tell me he wish we had gotten better acquainted. All I could think of was:wave :
Old 12-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Where I live there is a sidewalk across the street and I can watch dog walkers walking along the sidewalk while their dogs run through the yards sniffing the grass and urinating and defecating (most do pick up the poop). Last week I saw grandchildren playing in one of the yards and rolling around in the grass. YUK!! Even if you do pick up there will be residue. Come on folks, this is unacceptable. Teach your pet to go on your property and then take them for a walk or better yet, take them to one of our three dog parks. For a small fee, Doggy Do Run will even pick up your dog's poop for you.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Where I live there is a sidewalk across the street and I can watch dog walkers walking along the sidewalk while their dogs run through the yards sniffing the grass and urinating and defecating (most do pick up the poop). Last week I saw grandchildren playing in one of the yards and rolling around in the grass. YUK!! Even if you do pick up there will be residue. Come on folks, this is unacceptable. Teach your pet to go on your property and then take them for a walk or better yet, take them to one of our three dog parks. For a small fee, Doggy Do Run will even pick up your dog's poop for you.
With all the problems is this world, it just is so sad that this has to be such an issue...... lighten up people
Old 12-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
With all the problems is this world, it just is so sad that this has to be such an issue...... lighten up people
So the solution is for those who are bothered by this to just ignore it? Chill out? Accept the fact that people who own dogs and allow them to do their business wherever they please are doing the right thing and those who object to their property being used like this are wrong?

There is not a lot I can do personally to fix all the problems in this world, but I can do something about people who don't understand property rights include my right to determine how my property will be used and who will do what with it.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Last edited by duffysmom; 12-02-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I have a feeling I may have seen you dog walking in my neighborhood.

I'm also dog friendly but I think that dog owners get a lot of negative push back because their owners are inconsiderate and abuse other people's property. Having a dog in TV can be difficult since we all live so close to each other, that's why respecting our neighbors and their property is so important. I would never allow my dog or my grandchildren to trespass on my neighbors' property.

I agree that there are problems in the world but for harmonious living on a day to day basis, respecting our neighbors' boundaries is a good thing.

Last edited by duffysmom; 12-03-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:05 PM

IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE NEED TO HUG A DOG! It would really help you loosen up and, regrettably for us dog owners, add more years to your life!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Where is Fumar?? Help!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARENNN View Post
IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE NEED TO HUG A DOG! It would really help you loosen up and, regrettably for us dog owners, add more years to your life!
I second that!!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I love dogs. We don't have any but this week I had two dog guests in our home to see our Christmas tree and they each brought their owners. Both are large dogs and so well behaved. Our kitties were quite curious and the dogs were very well behaved and let the kitties look them over.

Both Lucy and Mozart live in our neighborhood and so does Prince and two other beautiful dogs too. Not a one of them stop to use our lawn.

Those doggies have all been brought up right. It is easier to like dogs and kids if they are well trained. Everyone loves their own dogs and kids but other people won't like them much if they are not well trained.

So...I say you can't expect to have people love your dogs and add years to their lives if they aren't nice and know their manners.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Hi Karennn

I give my dog lots of hugs, and this is the important part, RESPECT my neighbors enough to keep MY dog in MY yard which really would solve this little problem...I'm not losing sleep over this, just think the solution is so simple, keep your sweet little dog and his poop and pee in your own yard and then everyone will get hugs!

Quote:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.