Please No Pet sign

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
Let me see if I understand correctly. Those who don't appreciate having the pets of other people use their yards as their personal potty are unfriendly. So, basically, part of my land should be available to any pet owner to use for their pet to urinate and/or defecate on and I am not allowed to complain without being considered a bad neighbor. And, since one animal has used the land to leave a calling card, every other animal that walks by has to do the same. And that's OK? Because there is no apparent damage or just because?

Where does this end? Say I need additional room to park a car. Can I use your lawn? There won't be any obvious damage. I might like to practice my golf swing, as well. The grass will fill in. You know, I could save a lot of steps if I just cut through your yard on my way to the square. Is that OK? I mean, I know it's your property and you paid for it, but I should be able to use it, right?
You're on the right track. I like the way you think.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARENNN View Post
IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE NEED TO HUG A DOG! It would really help you loosen up and, regrettably for us dog owners, add more years to your life!
That's where you are wrong. I LOVE dogs. When I see my neighbors walking their dogs along our street, I frequently call them onto my property. I love to pet the dogs. If the dog messes on my driveway or lawn,I don't mind because the dog was there at my invitation. My neighbors take care that their dogs don't use others' property for their business. We get along very nicely.

One of the hardest things I have ever had to do was take my dog to the vet knowing her life would be ended. I stayed with her while they administered the injection to ease her suffering. When she raised her head to look at me, I lost it completely. I felt so disloyal to her. When it was over, the vet told me I did the right thing by her, but that didn't help. I made the decision I didn't ever want to go through that again.

So, I don't currently have a dog. But I understand completely those who don't want their property fouled by the waste products of your pet's metabolism. Your dog, your property, that's where that stuff belongs. I believe there are many more pet owners that respect others' properties than those that don't. Like most problems, it is the 1% that create 99% of the trouble.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Sage

My heart goes out to you for the loss of your pet. Their little faces and eyes just melt you, just like a child. I don't own a pet but I like pets, just not ones that go where they shouldn't. My daughter has a dog and she treats him like a human! He is cute. I think this topic is A heads up for pet owners. It's a reminder to keep their pets in control at all times and respect others property.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Gold member

Quote:
That's where you are wrong. I LOVE dogs. When I see my neighbors walking their dogs along our street, I frequently call them onto my property. I love to pet the dogs. If the dog messes on my driveway or lawn,I don't mind because the dog was there at my invitation. My neighbors take care that their dogs don't use others' property for their business. We get along very nicely.

One of the hardest things I have ever had to do was take my dog to the vet knowing her life would be ended. I stayed with her while they administered the injection to ease her suffering. When she raised her head to look at me, I lost it completely. I felt so disloyal to her. When it was over, the vet told me I did the right thing by her, but that didn't help. I made the decision I didn't ever want to go through that again.

So, I don't currently have a dog. But I understand completely those who don't want their property fouled by the waste products of your pet's metabolism. Your dog, your property, that's where that stuff belongs. I believe there are many more pet owners that respect others' properties than those that don't. Like most problems, it is the 1% that create 99% of the trouble.

I had to put my beloved best friend pup down this year after 17 years. I can never go through that again either
Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
I believe there are many more pet owners that respect others' properties than those that don't. Like most problems, it is the 1% that create 99% of the trouble.
Many, many Villagers love dogs. And most pet owners are extremely respectful of other's property. Unfortunately there are always a few bad apples.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Default Inconsiderate Dog Owners

I have 2 dogs that I walk on short leashes in the middle of the street. I personally don't understand walking your dog with a leash that can extend to over 20 feet. I clean up after my dogs when they poop and I shouldn't have to clean up after someone else's dog. I live on a corner lot and I get disgusted with dog poop that is left on my lawn and also cigarette butts that are flipped upon my lawn. Clean up after yourself. I am not anyone's maid!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltophome View Post
I have 2 dogs that I walk on short leashes in the middle of the street. I personally don't understand walking your dog with a leash that can extend to over 20 feet. I clean up after my dogs when they poop and I shouldn't have to clean up after someone else's dog. I live on a corner lot and I get disgusted with dog poop that is left on my lawn and also cigarette butts that are flipped upon my lawn. Clean up after yourself. I am not anyone's maid!
Amen....
Old 12-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Many, many Villagers love dogs. And most pet owners are extremely respectful of other's property. Unfortunately there are always a few bad apples.
Well we must have a whole bushel here in chatham.........
Old 12-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog friendly View Post
no you certainly have not seen me walking my dog in the neighborhood, I take my pet out 3 times a day by car or cart to common areas....... and she uses her back yard, and no yellow spots, so shut your pie hole please......
Old 12-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
no you certainly have not seen me walking my dog in the neighborhood, I take my pet out 3 times a day by car or cart to common areas....... and she uses her back yard, and no yellow spots, so shut your pie hole please......
guess you're not as people friendly as you are dog friendly. your response really was not warranted. have a good day.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I have never really understood how people could place animals above people but I'll bet I am going to hear why shortly.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I have never really understood how people could place animals above people but I'll bet I am going to hear why shortly.
I couldn't either. I didn't understand why people got so upset when they lost a pet. It's ONLY a dog or a cat! They can be replaced! What's wrong with these people. We had had a "family" dog. Meh.

But then, our kids moved out and we thought we would get a dog. Why not, he would help take up some of the house left after the kids left.

We researched it and found that a Boston Terrier was a smart dog, easy to train, throw them in the washer and dryer and they are good to go.

We went on our search for our BT. And we found him. Killer! Well, he wasn't much of a killer. He was our black and white bundle of fur. He liked to cuddle. If you sat.... so did he, if you played.... so did he. He learned quickly and soon became part of the family. He was a clown. He LOVED to make us laugh. He (much like us) would do anything to make us laugh! The kids in the neighborhood would come over to see if he could come out and play! He loved people and other animals. If an animal was in distress, he would look to us to save them. (I think that's how we got involved in rescue)

He took up space in our house so fast it was like he had always lived with us. He soon slept with us and went just about everywhere with us. Killer lived with us for 14 and a half years. In the last year of his life he became ill. He would sit for a very long time before he could get up. He would have to lean against the wall to stand. He NEVER complained or cried, but you knew it was hard on him. We finally had to make the decision to let him go. The hardest thing I have EVER done in my life. The grief I felt was overwhelming. We said goodbye to our baby a year ago November 8th. I still miss him.

We learned so much from him.

I too never understood how people could get so attached to a dog.

Now.... I do....
Old 12-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Old 12-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
What do you mean by "common areas"??
Old 12-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default In life....

There are people who conduct themselves as adults....these can be dog owners who like those on this thread who would never think of letting their dogs use other people's property to do their business.

There are others who act a petulant little people (you can sometimes tell by the words and phrases they use) who believe they have the right to do what they want.

Thankfully, my Village has mostly adults!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.