Prayers for Pets

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Platinum member
Default Prayers for Pets

Here is a link to a list of prayers for pets. It is a healing and inspirational collection that can be used for many different situations.
http://www.petloss.com/poems/poems.htm

I found this list when my little dog Molly was dying of congestive heart failure, and I was so thankful to have special prayers to say for her.

Pet lovers love with all their hearts. I don't mean for this to be a sad posting, but a helpful one. May we all have many, many years of love with our pets.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 09-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Sage
Default A Dogs Prayer

Someone gave me A Dogs Prayer when I got my first dog. I framed it with a picture of him as a puppy and put in on my dresser. We lost him in November of last year and I still miss him and think of him and that poem often.

Thanks for posting this. It's a good place to go for postings when a friend loses a pet.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Default Trixie

Yesterday we were told by the Vet that our dear Trixie, an 8 year old calico, has what amounts to an inoperable tumor in her jaw that has already caused a slight fracture in her jaw. We have not seen any signs that she is in pain, she is still eating, and it was only a swelling in her jaw that caused us to take her to the Vet. The Vet cannot tell us how much the tumor will continue to grow and at what rate, but she said it appears to be very fast growing. I, my wife and my grown daughter, are devastated. We do not want Trixie to suffer, and we will be saying our final goodby to her as soon as we see that her pain is ruining the pleasures that she experiences from our petting, her spot in the sun, and our quiet times together when she purrs so much that it sounds like a motor. I have read the poems on the site that you posted in your message, and truly appreciate your kindness in having posted them. Having read them, tears are slipping down my cheeks, but they are tears that I needed to shed ... and I'm sure I will continue to shed in the future.

Swampy
Old 11-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Yesterday we were told by the Vet that our dear Trixie, an 8 year old calico, has what amounts to an inoperable tumor in her jaw that has already caused a slight fracture in her jaw. We have not seen any signs that she is in pain, she is still eating, and it was only a swelling in her jaw that caused us to take her to the Vet. The Vet cannot tell us how much the tumor will continue to grow and at what rate, but she said it appears to be very fast growing. I, my wife and my grown daughter, are devastated. We do not want Trixie to suffer, and we will be saying our final goodby to her as soon as we see that her pain is ruining the pleasures that she experiences from our petting, her spot in the sun, and our quiet times together when she purrs so much that it sounds like a motor. I have read the poems on the site that you posted in your message, and truly appreciate your kindness in having posted them. Having read them, tears are slipping down my cheeks, but they are tears that I needed to shed ... and I'm sure I will continue to shed in the future.

Swampy
Swampy, it just brings tears to my eyes to read about Trixie. The hardest part of having someone so precious in your life is the possibility of losing them. I hope the poems and prayers bring you comfort.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 11-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Veteran member
Default So sorry

Swampy, I ache for you in your pain as your difficult decision approches. I have had to go through this same thing far too many times and it's never easy when you love your animals so much. I can hear how much you love Trixie and I am sure you will make the right decision when the time comes. I hope you can find comfort in your memories and in the prayers and shared energy of others. So very sorry, Sending comforting hugs.
Roz and her pack of 4
Old 11-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Gold member

swampy, totally understand how you are feeling.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Sage

swampy, my heart goes out to you and Trixie. As a pet lover, we all know these difficult times are ahead. But that doesn't make it any easier. Please know that many of us wish you courage and love.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.