Poor Pet Care at the Village Paw Spa

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2011, 10:00 PM

TomKat: sorry, to see your Bullie in this condition. I'm glad you posted these pics, we were considering taking our Bullie there (after reading positive reviews). How could any caretaker not realize this condition needed medical attention? or at the very least, why didn't they contact you about the situation?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Default Oh my

What an unfortunate experience you had. Next time consider using Yvonne for care of your dog in your home. She stays overnight and has been working in the Villages with an impeccable reputation for over 5 years now. Her webside www.thevillagesgalfriday.com has testimonials on it. Her # is 352-250-1560. I hope your baby is doing better!!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Location: All over CA, ID, WA, and now the Village of St. James, TV

Thank you for the info on how to contact Yvonne- I just sent her a message. We're new here, and will be needing somebody to watch our golden retriever and cairn terrier for a week to ten days while we fly back to Spokane, WA to pick up our furniture and other belongings sometime in the next month or so. I don't want to put them in a boarding facility where they'd be caged for a week to ten days- that's just too long. Hopefully I can find somebody reliable to watch them in my home or theirs.

Thanks so much- you find the best information here on Talk of the Villages!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:31 PM

I didn't have any luck with the bedtime tails website- bad link? Thank you for the info on how to contact Yvonne- I just sent her a message. We're new here, and will be needing somebody to watch our golden retriever and cairn terrier for a week to ten days while we fly back to Spokane, WA to pick up our furniture and other belongings sometime in the next month or so. I don't want to put them in a boarding facility where they'd be caged for a week to ten days- that's just too long. Hopefully I can find somebody reliable to watch them in my home or theirs.

Thanks so much- you find the best information here on Talk of the Villages!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Default Pet Sitting

I didn't have any luck with the bedtime tails website- bad link? Thank you for the info on how to contact Yvonne- I just sent her a message. We're new here, and will be needing somebody to watch our golden retriever and cairn terrier for a week to ten days while we fly back to Spokane, WA to pick up our furniture and other belongings sometime in the next month or so. I don't want to put them in a boarding facility where they'd be caged for a week to ten days- that's just too long. Hopefully I can find somebody reliable to watch them in my home or theirs. Thanks so much- you find the best information here on Talk of the Villages!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:11 AM

I went to visit the Paw Spa. First thing I saw when I pulled up was a young man kicking a statue in the front yard in anger. I later saw him inside the kennel. He is one of the caretakers. I was told that the dogs are brought outside during the day, but not in the nice grassy front yard, but out back. I was not allowed to go out back as part of the tour. I am, however tall enough to see out the back door window. Their were large runs in the open sun (no shade at all) with stones and rocks on the floor for the dogs to walk on. No wonder the dogs have swollen paws after staying there!!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Default Does anyone have experience with local groomers?

I just read about the horrible experience you had at Rolling Acres Spa... I was looking for a recommendation for a pet salon to get my 10 week old bichon groomed. Does anyone have good recommendations?

Thank you.
Lil Chief
Old 08-16-2011, 04:00 PM

We have been very happy with Bone Crazy on 466a, towards Wildwood. Our dog has stayed there several times, from a few day to seven weeks. He always has a good experience there, and we have peace of mind.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Smile The Village Paw Spa

Exceptional animal care and grooming, this is by far the cutest place I have ever boarded my pets.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.