Preppy Pet boarding

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Veteran member
Default Preppy Pet boarding

I usually don't use a kennel for my dog, but in an emergency I had to for 2 days at Christmas. I took her to Preppy Pets in Leesburg and was very satisfield and wouldn't hesitate to bring her there again. It is very clean - no odor at all. The dogs can be in an inside supervised play area most of the day with other dogs their size and will go to the cage for eating and sleeping at night. I was able to observe mine in the play area when I picked her up and she was having a ball. She doesn't play - just followed the others and got exercise. I am very particular about my pets and this was a good experience.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:03 AM

Thanks. We pet owners appreciate the info. My neighbor however, keeps offering to pet sit for me.
Malverne, NY
Stormville, NY
PT TV
Old 12-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Veteran member

I, too, have a regular pet sitter and prefer my pets stay in their own home. However, I'm glad I found this place in case I ever need them again. This forum is great for info - I agree.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:40 PM

Appreciate your comments about Preppy Pet. I'm considering using them next month for our dog when we'll be out of town. I had previously used ABCD Pet Resort in Belleview but wasn't real pleased with them after our last visit in May so I'm looking for other options.

I don't want to use a pet sitter coming into our home several times a day because our dog is crate trained for when we're not at home. Therefore she'd be sitting in her crate all day and night except for when the sitter came. I also know there are pet sitters who will stay in your home with the pet, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that option.

Anyone out there know of any caring pet lovers who watch pets in their own homes? Or any other boarding suggestions?

The "baby" who will need these accommodations is a 9 year old Westie. She's spoiled rotten and runs this house
Old 01-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp509 View Post
I usually don't use a kennel for my dog, but in an emergency I had to for 2 days at Christmas. I took her to Preppy Pets in Leesburg and was very satisfield and wouldn't hesitate to bring her there again. It is very clean - no odor at all. The dogs can be in an inside supervised play area most of the day with other dogs their size and will go to the cage for eating and sleeping at night. I was able to observe mine in the play area when I picked her up and she was having a ball. She doesn't play - just followed the others and got exercise. I am very particular about my pets and this was a good experience.

Can you tell us what Preppy Pets costs per day?
Old 01-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
Appreciate your comments about Preppy Pet. I'm considering using them next month for our dog when we'll be out of town. I had previously used ABCD Pet Resort in Belleview but wasn't real pleased with them after our last visit in May so I'm looking for other options.

I don't want to use a pet sitter coming into our home several times a day because our dog is crate trained for when we're not at home. Therefore she'd be sitting in her crate all day and night except for when the sitter came. I also know there are pet sitters who will stay in your home with the pet, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that option.

Anyone out there know of any caring pet lovers who watch pets in their own homes? Or any other boarding suggestions?

The "baby" who will need these accommodations is a 9 year old Westie. She's spoiled rotten and runs this house
I have a friend who keeps dogs in her home. She is truly awesome! I am good with dogs, love them to death but Yvonne's even better. If you think your dog is spoiled now, wait til she gets done (no human food, though). Any dogs she sits sleep with her. It is fun to go to her place and watch the dogs play together and love each other. Her rate is $12/day. You can reach her at 750-3761.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-11-2009, 04:56 PM

Thank you, Red, for the info about Yvonne. I called her and we're going to meet on Wednesday. By the way, I did think of you for pet sitting but thought you did not take dogs into your home because, if I remember correctly, you were renting.

Barefoot, you can find the rates for Preppy Pet at their website www.preppypet.com and then choosing the Leesburg location. They have different prices based on the size of accommodation your pet needs and how many pets you have.

Anyone else have boarding recommendations they'd like to share?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm so glad you called Yvonne. You'll love her. I have cats, so no dogs in my home, just in theirs.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.