Red fox or coyote spotted 3 times this week...

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Taltarzac
Default Red fox or coyote spotted 3 times this week...

...along the fence in the pasture that is just south of the southern most part of Evelynton Loop. This is in the Village of Lynnhaven.

Hungry coyotes and/or foxes will attack pets.

This is according to a sign currently posted at the Lynnhaven Postal Center.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Sage

Tough to mistake a Red Fox for a coyote. But good warning since both will attack pets.

Up here a red fox is much smaller and much redder than a gray coyote.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Taltarzac
Default Looks like in FL the "red fox" can be another color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Tough to mistake a Red Fox for a coyote. But good warning since both will attack pets.

Up here a red fox is much smaller and much redder than a gray coyote.
Information about the red fox in FL-- http://pelotes.jea.com/redfox.htm.

I have not seen any of these along my section of Evelynton Loop. Just an occasional loose cat.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 03-08-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Dancing Thyme

Well if its a coyote, you won't have any loose cats in your hood anymore. One of them killed my cat in Los Angeles. When they are hungry, they are very dangerous. They were even known to enter homes in LA through doggie doors, so we had to keep the door closed when we went out.

Good cautionary post, Tal, thanks.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Default Coyote

We have seen 3 coyote in Sunset Pointe. One killed my neighbors dog. They run down sunset pointe to the golf courses at the end of the street. Some people think they are just stray dogs and get angry because people let their dogs run......We did report it to animal control but they said they have never had any complaints for this area, only orlando
Old 03-08-2009, 02:43 PM

I have seen a few red foxes at LSL, but I think we are talking about a different breed.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Why do you think these animals are Coyotes?? How do you tell a coyote from a Grey wolf????
Old 03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Have definitely seen a coyote in Silver Lake. It is a brazen critter -- doesn't care if you see it, doesn't run away and looks pretty dang well fed. I know of a few California coyotes who wished they looked that healthy. Not one of my favorite critters, but it is a beauty!

I just make sure my girls are indoors at all times, especially in the early evening (one really thinks she should get out whenever she can).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Sage

RW:

Are you in silver lake? I thought you were in a patio villa somewhere south of 466.

You're right, most Calif coyote's are pretty ragged looking. Our old house was in the East Bay hills and we had a bunch of feral cats we tended; foxes were the biggest threat to the cats. we moved off tghe hill ten years ago and the people who bought the house keep feeding the cats but were down to one last summer when we replenished their stock with three kittens from our neighborhood.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 03-10-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Have you ever heard of coydogs? Supposedly they are smart and cunning like a coyote but have no natural fear of humans.

I had never heard of a coydog until a friend whose dad farmed lots of acreage told me that he said he knew he had to be ready if he came across one while out in his fields.

Do not let your dog date a coyote, no matter if she does tell you that they are just going to the library to study.

Boomer
Old 03-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Have you ever heard of coydogs? Supposedly they are smart and cunning like a coyote but have no natural fear of humans.

I had never heard of a coydog until a friend whose dad farmed lots of acreage told me that he said he knew he had to be ready if he came across one while out in his fields.

Do not let your dog date a coyote, no matter if she does tell you that they are just going to the library to study.

Boomer
Ms. Boomer,,,, LMAO You had me believing you for a minute!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.