Restrictions?

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Platinum member

Any more info on this?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseFarkas View Post
Was shocked and very disappointed to be yelled at by someone that no dogs are allowed at the new Live Oaks Park off Morse Blvd. Why should I have to go to a dog park? My dog is park of my family.
I really don't understand someone yelling at you. As long as a person cleans up after their dog why all the fuss. I agree most pets are felt to be part of the family. I do not know if there are restrictions at that or any other park about dogs. Personally if some one started yelling at me there would be words back to them at the same level. Talking to some one is one thing yelling is quite another.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Yelling.

Was it calling over to you and saying..Did you know dogs aren't allowed here?

Or

Hey, Dogs aren't allowed here!

Or

You and that Mutt can't read? Get out of here with that Dog!

Or

Something even meaner?

AND....did it really say on that sign that dogs weren't allowed in that area?? That is the biggest question. If so I am REALLY surprised. I know Jane who posts on here and looks out over that park is looking forward to taking her pooches for a walk there.

I am sorry that someone hurt your feelings and sorry to hear that dogs aren't allowed there. I am so surprised that I feel I haven't quite understood your post. And hoping that someone is mistaken and you dog is allowed there.

Welcome to the Forum Rose, I see this is your second post, but your first post says you have lived here for six months?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseFarkas View Post
Was shocked and very disappointed to be yelled at by someone that no dogs are allowed at the new Live Oaks Park off Morse Blvd. Why should I have to go to a dog park? My dog is park of my family.
In all of the information released about this new park it has been stated that no dogs will be allowed.
I think that is a good rule, easy to follow just no dogs.
Read the many other threads where the inconsiderate dog owners have their dogs doing everything, everywhere. Soon the new park would be a destination for both good and bad dog owners to walk and run their dogs.
Can't there be one place where dogs are not allowed???
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post

There are very few places in TV where dogs can be walked. They need daily exercise too! Not allowing dogs in a park is like not allowing golfers on the golf course. OK, just kidding, not the same thing at all. But if two dogs are allowed per household, where the heck are they supposed to be walked? (We take our dogs to a private dog park, DDRR, but not everyone wants to pay to do that).
Old 03-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Sage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
In all of the information released about this new park it has been stated that no dogs will be allowed.
I think that is a good rule, easy to follow just no dogs.
Read the many other threads where the inconsiderate dog owners have their dogs doing everything, everywhere. Soon the new park would be a destination for both good and bad dog owners to walk and run their dogs.
When was the vote taken about not allowing dogs in the park? I certainly would have voted to allow dogs.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Sage

O.k. No dogs allowed. It is what it is.

Some will like it ,some will not.

I don't have a dog, but I like them very much and have friends who are dogs, yes I do

. If it was decided that no dogs are allowed, there must be a good reason for it.

I am content with all of the other rules here.

You can't please everyone. Abe Lincoln said that, not me.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Park

We are looking to buy a Hacienda in Mission Hills. My realtor told me leashed dogs were welcome in the park.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
We are looking to buy a Hacienda in Mission Hills. My realtor told me leashed dogs were welcome in the park.
Also,probably told you it was 80 degrees year round.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Sage

Can there be such a thing as a people park?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

We bought at the Haciendas and we look out directly on the park from our side view, and we also purchased a picnic table for the park. I just got a call from the District about some info regarding the table and I asked this question about dogs. It is absolutely confirmed, NO DOGS, even on a leash, in the park. We have two dogs. I was suprised! But that is the rule. I did not ask why.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Veteran member

When I first read about this park in the newspaper, it did state that no dogs would be allowed. I'd be willing to bet that there will be more restrictions in the future where dogs are concerned because of the "special" people who feel that rules and regulations do not apply to them and they don't pick up after their dogs and they let them run loose in spite of a leash law. These people always ruin it for responsible dog owners.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp509 View Post
When I first read about this park in the newspaper, it did state that no dogs would be allowed. I'd be willing to bet that there will be more restrictions in the future where dogs are concerned because of the "special" people who feel that rules and regulations do not apply to them and they don't pick up after their dogs and they let them run loose in spite of a leash law. These people always ruin it for responsible dog owners.
You may have hit the nail on the head. We were invited to a walled Villa home some time ago and the owners had dogs. They apparently didn't pick up all the dog poop because on that hot summer night it was very difficult to sit outside because of the smell.

If some people are careless not picking up after their pups, than new homeowners who live adjacent to the park would suffer from the smell.

That may be the reason. This is a very dog friendly community.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
We bought at the Haciendas and we look out directly on the park from our side view, and we also purchased a picnic table for the park. I just got a call from the District about some info regarding the table and I asked this question about dogs. It is absolutely confirmed, NO DOGS, even on a leash, in the park. We have two dogs. I was suprised! But that is the rule. I did not ask why.
Jane explained the reason on a new thread. Good for you Jane. You don't even live here yet, and while we were all speculating, you got the answer.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Jane explained the reason on a new thread. Good for you Jane. You don't even live here yet, and while we were all speculating, you got the answer.
Not speculating, it was in the announcement in the paper.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.