Sadie Mae

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Platinum member
Unhappy Sadie Mae

For those of you that haven't met me and for those of you that have, you must know that I've been an animal lover specifically dogs all my life. On Thanksgiving Day of 2007 our beloved Irish Setter Scarlet crossed the Rainbow Bridge. With broken hearts we searched for another Irish Setter and found Sadie Mae that was 10 weeks old. Today while out running with her at the boat ramp parking area near our home she was struck & killed by a pickup truck. We've been here dozens of times to run and play and also launched the boat from there and took her fishing. She loved riding on the front deck of the boat flying down the Ohio River with her ears & tail blowing in the wind. Our hearts are broken. Losing 2 of my/our best friends in 15 months causes one to step back and appreciate all that we have around us. Some may say it's just a dog. For you animals lovers like Swrinfla, Rockinronda and others you know it's more than that. We had so hoped for everyone to see her and especially notice how far she'd come since her puppy antics, to go play with Prancer, and get barked at by the Nazi dogs. Maybe at the Rainbow Bridge but for now....

Sadie Mae

10-4-07 to 2-23-09
Old 02-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Platinum member

Oh 16....my prayers are with you and your family! Thank you for always sharing stories and pictures of Sadie Mae....she brought joy to a lot of us right here on TOTV!

God Bless!

Suzy Toronto
Old 02-24-2009, 09:03 PM

I'm so so sorry. I so enjoyed your Sadie stories and could feel how much you cared for her. Take care.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Eternal Member
Default Sadie Mae

So sorry to hear this! Was hoping that Ringo, my Border Collie and I would get to meet her. You will always have the pictures to remind you how special she was.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Gold member

I am just so sad for you ....I loved reading about Sadie Man and hearing about her escapades. Those of us who consider our pets members of our family know only to well how badly you are hurting today. She was a special pup.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Sage

F16 and Barb,

I am so very sorry to hear about Sadie Mae... that is absolutely awful and my heart breaks for you. I can only imagine the hurt in your heart. Please know that all your friends here in The Villages (2 legged and 4 legged) share in your sorrow. We all enjoyed Sadie's antics and her wonderful personality. May she rest in peace.

darn, darn, darn .... it's just not fair
Old 02-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

F16,

I just logged on and looked first at the title "Sadie Mae." (I always look for her when I log on.)

16, I am so sorry. I have loved and lost several dogs. I know exactly how you feel. It is heartbreaking.

Sadie Mae was a great beauty and so full of joy. Her fans could always depend on her to make us smile. You had the privilege of knowing her best. What wonderful memories you will have. But I know this hurts so much.

We will all miss the beloved Sadie Mae.

I am so sorry.

Boomer
Old 02-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Gold member

I am so sorry about your loss. Even though we referred to her as Miss PIA Sadie Mae she will be greatly missed. You shared so many funny stories and pictures with us, that we all knew her. In her short life she had a wonderful family to care for and love her.

Mik

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 02-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Location: Utica, New York, Plantation, Florida, The Villages, Florida

Oh...F16....I am so sorry for your loss. I was shocked when I read your post. I can only imagine what you are going through, again, I am so very sorry for your loss.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Default So sorry.....

F16 and Barb, I am so, so sorry to read of Sadie Mae's death. I know how much she meant to you as all animal lovers know. Please know you have my deepest sympathy and my heart hurts knowing your pain. She was a joy to all of us who followed her journey since puppyhood.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:50 PM

16, it is hard to believe what I am reading. Our family is so very sad over this tragic news. Be proud of the fact that you gave that pup so much love and affection that she otherwise may never have known. I'm sure you know how much I looked forward to seeing Sadie and Prancer romping together. I will hug Prancer a few extra times tonight and tell her the wonderful story of Sadie Mae. God bless you guys and know you are in our prayers....
Johnny, Barbara and Prancer
Old 02-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Sage

f16 & Barb,

At times like this words seem so meaningless and its so hard to find the right ones. I feel the pain in your hearts, She was a total Joy to us all.

We all know when we take on the responsibility of that little pup that they will probably leave us first but this was too soon, and there seems to be no justification for her leaving us .

many prayers go out to you both that the grief will leave you soon, altho I know better and so do you. Im so deeply sorry for your loss.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:54 PM

I'm so very sorry to hear about Sadie Mae and do know exactly how you feel as we also lost our beloved pet of 13 years in a tragic accident. That was 9 years ago and the thought of our little "Buster" still brings tears to my eyes.

We now have another little "fuzzy kid" as my husband calls our little Tucker, and he has brought so much joy to our lives. I hope you will find joy in good memories and will eventually be able to share your love for dogs with another who can benefit so very much from loving owners like you.

Sincerely, Karen
Old 02-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Dancing Thyme

16 & Barb, I'm crying so hard its difficult to type. I'm hugging my doggies, I'm so sad, and sick over this. Hope to talk to you in the next day or two. I'm so sorry for you guys.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Sage

f16:

Jeez, That's horrible

Loved to see your pics of the pup
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.