Saving our pets!

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Sage
Default Saving our pets!

As many of you know, the Villages has made the decision to instruct their employees to call the pounds instead of contacting Lost Pets of The Villages to get your pets back.

As many of you are aware we can't even get into Sumter County Animal Control to see ALL the animals. I have been there three times and have NEVER been allowed to see them all.

As many of you may also know, Sumter County is a High Kill shelter and have been caught altering their numbers to look good.

As you may also know... they seem to lose animals.

As you may also know, their method of animal control is to "Cull the Population through euthanasia"

If your pet goes to the pound, you will have 7 days to reclaim it, if you can find it. Benny was listed as a beagle and was instead a hunting dog. So there is that! They do not let us know where a dog was found except for the town making it hard for us to find you. Some pets go to the Humane Society and some to Animal Control... Neither one of these facilities communicates with us since we started working to go No Kill.

There is a scheduled VCDD Meeting tomorrow at 3:30 in Lake Sumter above Starbucks. None of the Lost Pets team can make this meeting. I suggest you go. I also suggest you write letters and make calls. I don't have the addresses. Oren Miller sent a letter to Jennifer Parr since it was one of her family dogs that we got back home.

In my opinion, The Villages has taken sides in the No Kill initiative and they have not taken the side of our pets. As of today..... the policy still has not changed.

My dogs are my family!

images-png

text-cull-population-jpg
Old 09-11-2018, 02:33 PM

They need to stop this, for the love of the pets!
Closed Thread

Tags
pets, sumter, animal, kill, control

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.