Saying Goodbye

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,939 Times in 794 Posts

Aww, geeze, Duffysmom, that is so sad, and I am so sorry for you.

I had to stock the car with Kleenex and swear off having music on the car radio after our first golden died. The second one is now four. He was born two days after the first one died. They are nothing alike--no one could replace Bear--but each is special in his own way, and now no one can replace Crosby.

I hope you'll find some comfort in another dog. Nobody can replace Duffy, but you obviously have enough doggy love in your soul to have another friend.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

We've all lost a special little guy, and some more than once, and i know this knowledge doesn't ameliorate your grief, but I hope the notion that we understand and grieve with you has some value.

Sorry for your loss.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Gold member

This is a painful time for you. My condolonces to you and yours. Lots of hugs to you too. Oh it is not an easy journey. Please take care and know that many of us feel your pain and agony.

God Bless You.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Gold member

I'm so, so sorry to hear of your loss. I know from experience that there is nothing worse than losing a beloved, furry pet. The pain will lessen with time but it will never completely heal, but your happy memories will remain forever.
I wish you peace.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Mike and I are so sorry for your loss. We are dog lovers and have one of our own, a female ****zu named Roxi. She runs the house and we wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Unhappy

We are so sorry for the loss of your beloved Duffy. I have tears just thinking about how I would feel to lose our dear Marley. There is a website called rainbowsbridge.com that might offer some support and help during this difficult time. Our thoughts are with you.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:18 PM

So sorry for your loss of Duffy and am sure he was one special friend. We have lost 3 dogs in the last 5 years due to old age and it never gets any easier. We have our one little girl now and we cherish her each and everyday.

One day you will be together again at Rainbow Bridge.

Our angels are Lucky, Emily and Samantha.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

Oh no.... I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Veteran member

You can see by the posts how much love and support there is for you in the tragic loss of your Duffy. No matter how old they are or what they are going through before the end, losing them is never easy for us. I ache for you as you go through this time of grief. I know you will always carry your love for Duffy in your heart and your were both very lucky to find each other. I am sending hugs and healing white light to you at this time of pain for you. I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know that you are not alone as your mourn. You can see you have many who care about you.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:22 PM

Oh, my goodness. A sad time for you and Duffy's family and loved ones. Most everyone can relate to your sorrow and I hope you take comfort in knowing that you were his BEST human; his loyal friend; loyal enough to know he needed help to feel no pain. Thank you for helping Duffy. We will all be together at Rainbow Bridge.
I wish you and yours PEACE. Duffy knows Peace now and is in a happy place; pain free. He loved you so. Take comfort and soon the tears of sadness will be replaced by warm tears of loving memories of days gone by.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
Every dog lover understands your grief. Deepest sympathy to you.
If I could've said it any better I would have. My deepest sympathy.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,591 Times in 1,333 Posts

So sorry, I have tears for you and duffy. Its so hard
Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
We said goodbye to our beloved Duffy yesterday and we are devastated. He was my shadow and best friend and the house is now a lonely place without him. He was tiny but had a big heart and he acted like his mission in life was to give love and joy to his people and boy he did he do that. He was in pain and now he's at peace.
I am so sorry for your loss, We lost our best friend last year and the void is still with us. we did get another but she will not replace the one we lost. Allways remember that he loved you and yes he is at peace. God Bless
Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Send a message via AIM to ariel

I'm so sorry for your loss. I sent you a PM with a link to an article I wrote after the loss of my Maltese, Ariel, in January. It was therapy for me to write it and I hope it may in some small way help you. They are with us for such a short time, they attach themselves to our hearts, and they make us better people from the love that runs both ways. The pain is tough, but the journey IS worth it.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I have thought of you all day. I went to Pooh's home and she said she too was in tears when she heard.

We care deeply.

All of us.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.