Our dog Mr. Buster

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2013, 03:59 AM
Sage
Default Our dog Mr. Buster

A neighbor was doing his walk yesterday as I was backing out of the garage to take Busty on his midday cart ride. He asked if I took that dog for a ride every day? Now for the part that caught my attention:

He had a look on his face like that was very weird.
I had a look on my face indicating WELL YES OF COURSE.

My question is, am I weird or among others that do this.

NOTE: Mr. Buster will be 18 in March, can't see, can't hear, has no teeth, but I see excitement in him when I put him in his snuggle ball that I attach to the seat of the cart. His nose stays in the air sniffing and with tail wagging so I know he enjoys it.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:18 AM
Sage

No, nothing weird. You are giving Buster the only pleasure he is capable of enjoying at this stage of his life. I am sure he looks forward to it every day.
Buster says "Hey, I ain't dead yet!!"
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-04-2013, 05:20 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
A neighbor was doing his walk yesterday as I was backing out of the garage to take Busty on his midday cart ride. He asked if I took that dog for a ride every day? Now for the part that caught my attention:

NOTE: Mr. Buster will be 18 in March, can't see, can't hear, has no teeth, but I see excitement in him when I put him in his snuggle ball that I attach to the seat of the cart. His nose stays in the air sniffing and with tail wagging so I know he enjoys it.
Not weird at all...We take our Reggie everywhere we can....Daily golf cart ride...Dogs are part of your family, just like children are part of your family...Dogs give their owners much pleasure if the owner treats them right....BTW Reggie will be 14 in January.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:26 AM
Sage

image-jpg

18 on 15 March 2014. I am superstitious about saying he was so I always say he will be.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:39 AM
Sage

I'm sorry for your neighbor not understanding the joy our fur kids bring to our lives. Next time on your ride tell him all the dog lovers in The Villages are cheering him on.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I'm sorry for your neighbor not understanding the joy our fur kids bring to our lives. Next time on your ride tell him all the dog lovers in The Villages are cheering him on.
Yea. I see him all the time but never with a pet. I could see where non pet people could See me taking a dog for a cart ride strange. I am happy to hear I am not alone.

.image-jpg

Busty out at the pool.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Platinum member

Awww. You can just see what a sweet dog Buster is. Good for you.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 10-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts
Default Nothing weird about that.

My 11 year old Chihuahua/terrier mix now loves going in the golf cart. He did not at first because of the beeping while backing up but now he looks forward to any ride he can get.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Veteran member

Years ago ABC kennels had a doggie picnic and I took my Missy to it. For the admission price you got tickets that could be used for the dogs to go on a golf cart ride, a swim in the pool, a walk in their beautiful little park with animal statues in it, etc. Missy just loved it and it was all about her - much the same as taking a child to an amusement park. It was a benefit for something and I wish they would do it again. I love my dog to have a good time no matter what we do.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

No, you are definately not alone. Our dog loves the cart rides whether it's to the dog park, the vet, or just for out for fun.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Location: Detroit, Mi. Greenville, Mi. Royal Oak, Mi, The Villages
Default My cart is her cart

My dog Tedi, loves her rides more than food. She comes to find me at 2PM and gives me the LOOK until I take her for her mid day ride. She has a great internal clock.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:

Busty? Does your dog really have boobies? If so tell him for me that his master is not weird and he shouldn't worry about what others think about his being your chauffeur. He should just let you display those puppies proudly as you enjoy your daily trek around town in the golf cart!

The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 10-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Veteran member

Our little doggie is not yet a year old and she has us under her thumb.. every evening - it's like, "well, is it golf cart ride time people???" she enjoys it, which makes us enjoy the ride even more.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Now for the part that caught my attention:

Quite a bit of an assumption about the look on his face, why not just ask about the weird look, maybe it was just a sudden gas attack and had nothing to do with the dog.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Sage

Emma (boxer) loves to huff. I think she dreams about being a hound with a long nose. she loves to huff scent so intensely that she snuffs sand up her flat boxer snout. If I could just for one day know what it is like to have an dog's extraordinary sense of smell...
I imagine a sensory rush from travelling in the wind at a speed beyond doggie walks. I love seeing my puppy sniff the air from her command post in the cart, and boy oh, Golfingnut doesn't it feel good to give pleasure back to a dog that worships you every day?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.