So is TV not dog friendly?

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2024, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's not about hurting a dog's neck. It's about "resistance." When a retractable leash is unlocked, the DEFAULT of the dog's mentality is to resist the pull. It puts the dog into a mental state that prepares them to get AWAY from you. If a dog is resisting the leash, then it isn't relaxed. If a leash is made such that it is impossible to relax and the dog MUST resist it, then the dog is not capable of being truly relaxed. It's on alert. It isn't panicking, it's not that kind of stress. But it is absolutely a mental and physical stressor, to be attached to something that is continuously attempting to pull the dog closer to the owner's hand on the other end of the leash.

Letting the leash out to a full 12 feet is dangerous, because if someone is zooming by in a golf cart and you don't react quickly enough, your pooch can easily end up getting run over, or jump on the golf cart (that happened to me, a neighbor's dog jumped on my cart while the owner was holding a fully-extended retractable leash).

As I said you can run a search on this stuff, it's not hidden or secret, it's not something that should be a shock to anyone, it's been known ever since these leashes first came out and confirmed time and time again.

It teaches the dog to pull on the leash. So when you have it locked, the dog will continue to try and pull on it because that's what you've trained it to do. That's not a healthy way for a dog to behave when you're taking a dog for a walk.
A properly trained dog does NOT pull on the leash. That is the first discipline taught in dog training. AND a properly trained dog is a confident and happy dog, willing to please it's owner. It's obvious that folks will shell out large amounts of money to purchase a dog, but are not willing to learn an iota about the proper care of a pet.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
A properly trained dog does NOT pull on the leash. That is the first discipline taught in dog training. AND a properly trained dog is a confident and happy dog, willing to please it's owner. It's obvious that folks will shell out large amounts of money to purchase a dog, but are not willing to learn an iota about the proper care of a pet.
Exactly, I notice that there are many situations where the dog leads the owner, makes decisions for the owner, basically “trains” the owner. Sometimes I can see why. My corner neighbor lost her husband of 50 years. She was lonely (for him) and got a small poodle mix to fill the void. She had never had a dog before so they learned together, as girlfriends.
Old 03-07-2024, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Wow. Just wow. Harsh welcome to new folks.

Harsh, but to the point.
Old 03-07-2024, 08:46 AM

i hate dogs that pee and poop on my grass
Old 03-07-2024, 08:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Few dogs are rescued with issues and you don’t always get the prefect trainable dog. I thank people who save these dogs from kennel kill. Most all my dogs were rescued from non profit looking to save the breeds.
Old 03-07-2024, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Nailed it.

There are 10-15 hard-core haters who feel that they have to make multiple posts every time this subject is needlessly raised. They claim to "love dogs" but can't seem to understand that a dog going on their lawn will not ruin it, especially if picked up by the owner. Heck, most of these people probably put BlackCow in their yard. Guess what that is.

Learn who the chronic complainers are and you will be fine. If they're not miserable, they are not happy.

Hate is such an amazing feeling, it builds up till something has to explode. hdear
Old 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1009 wilder View Post
i hate dogs that pee and poop on my grass
I don't! But I hate dog owners who let their dog pee and poo on my grass.
Closed Thread

Tags
thier, dogs, people, dog, yard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.