So is TV not dog friendly?

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2024, 05:46 PM
Loriemoms

I agree with you there...I dont believe in bringing dogs to restaurants etc. Suprised they are even allowed!
Old 02-23-2024, 05:50 PM
Loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Being a new Poster, you may not be aware of the "Ignore" options.

Sooner or later, you'll realize that there are just some folks you just don't want to hear from.

I have a long list on "ignore" and I'm sure there's a long list who have me on ignore.
Yes I am learning! 😃
Old 02-23-2024, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,662 Times in 3,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriemoms View Post
Wow I must have hit a sore spot for you! I was reading so many anti dog posts and some pretty nasty comments I simply wanted to know if this was just angry dog haters or the general culture of TV. You know posts like yours. Full of judgemental nasty accusations. You don't know me or my dogs.
Yes, it's a sore spot. I see a LOT of dog-owners around here who claim to love their fur-babies, but put them at constant risk of injury or death on a daily basis. Or stress their dogs out every time they leave the house. Or show no respect for their fellow humans by letting Fido poop on their OWN lawn, BEFORE taking them for a walk around the block. And NOT putting Fluffy in the grocery carriage at Publix - and insisting that it's their "comfort animal" and they have the "right" to bring them.

I see people putting their dogs on retractable leashes, which means the dog is -continuously- pulling against the leash with every single step. And then there's the lady who literally drags her dog, who has a limp back leg, around the town square. And I mean drags the thing. He tries to sit and she just drags him behind her.

I see people stopping to chit-chat with their friends in the middle of the summer at the town square events, when the pavement is around 140° and they just force their dogs to stand there for several minutes at a time, and then walk those pets around the streets for an hour or more, without a moment's thought to the comfort or health of their beloved pooch's paw pads.

I see people who let their happy peppy people-loving animals roam off-leash, without thinking for one second that they are putting their animal's life in danger every time someone in a golf cart comes around the corner.

I see people who should've understood what they were getting themselves into, BEFORE deciding to move to a community, instead of waiting until they've already bought the place and are heading down.

I've seen people leave their mini-poos or whatever other tiny teacup they have, tied in their carports while they're out grocery shopping, leaving the little pups as easy targets for the foxes and predatory birds that live in the neighborhood.

These people are all probably very nice, lovely people. And I'm sure they think their pets are awesome. But their behavior doesn't demonstrate love for their animal. It demonstrates selfishness, lack of consideration, lack of preparation, lack of thought for their pet.

I'm a dog lover. It's BECAUSE I love animals so much that I take issue with people who don't ask these questions until after they've already purchased their home.
Old 02-23-2024, 05:56 PM
Default Yes

Yes it is dog friendly however, Publix just banned all dogs.

Fairfax VA
Stamford CT
Rye NH
Provincetown MA
Old 02-23-2024, 05:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMack View Post
Yes it is dog friendly however, Publix just banned all dogs.
No it didn't. It is reinforcing its pre-existing rule of no PETS. That's not a new thing. They've never welcomed pets. But they'd been tolerating it, and "looking the other way" and refusing to do anything about it until recently.

Service animals are still welcome, as long as they are actively performing their duty as service animals. That means "four on the floor" - not in carriages or strollers or the arms of a person. It means on a short leash, not a retractable leash. It means the animal is heeling, not sniffing at products on the bottom shelf or at people.
Old 02-23-2024, 07:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,183 Times in 782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

Service animals are still welcome, as long as they are actively performing their duty as service animals. That means "four on the floor" - not in carriages or strollers or the arms of a person. It means on a short leash, not a retractable leash. It means the animal is heeling, not sniffing at products on the bottom shelf or at people.
You shouldn't just make things up. Checking on the facts before typing, is always a good idea.

There is no requirement that a Service Dog have "four on the floor", nor does Publix or anyone else, have a right to ask you anything about your service dog, other than the words "is your dog trained to provide a specific task related to a disability". The dog could be on a 50' leash or no leash ... or sitting on its hind legs in a shopping cart.

There's not even a requirement that the dog know how to "heel".
Old 02-23-2024, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,282 Posts
Default New canine inspired recreation center

New canine inspired recreation center

The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community

Welcome to the Saluki Recreation Center, where this center’s name and design inspiration comes from the bond between Villagers and their cherished canine companions. Learn more from Devon and Tracy, who share a little about how Saluki Recreation got its name. Construction is well underway, with a planned opening this summer.

Located in The Village of Shady Brook and adjacent to The Village of Moultrie Creek, Saluki Recreation promises to be a hub of activity where residents and their guests can enjoy a variety of paw-sibilities when it comes to gathering with friends and neighbors for fun and laughter. From the family pool and exciting game room to the outdoor features like pickleball, tennis, corn toss, bocce, and shuffleboard.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:20 PM
Loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Yes, it's a sore spot. I see a LOT of dog-owners around here who claim to love their fur-babies, but put them at constant risk of injury or death on a daily basis. Or stress their dogs out every time they leave the house. Or show no respect for their fellow humans by letting Fido poop on their OWN lawn, BEFORE taking them for a walk around the block. And NOT putting Fluffy in the grocery carriage at Publix - and insisting that it's their "comfort animal" and they have the "right" to bring them.

I see people putting their dogs on retractable leashes, which means the dog is -continuously- pulling against the leash with every single step. And then there's the lady who literally drags her dog, who has a limp back leg, around the town square. And I mean drags the thing. He tries to sit and she just drags him behind her.

I see people stopping to chit-chat with their friends in the middle of the summer at the town square events, when the pavement is around 140° and they just force their dogs to stand there for several minutes at a time, and then walk those pets around the streets for an hour or more, without a moment's thought to the comfort or health of their beloved pooch's paw pads.

I see people who let their happy peppy people-loving animals roam off-leash, without thinking for one second that they are putting their animal's life in danger every time someone in a golf cart comes around the corner.

I see people who should've understood what they were getting themselves into, BEFORE deciding to move to a community, instead of waiting until they've already bought the place and are heading down.

I've seen people leave their mini-poos or whatever other tiny teacup they have, tied in their carports while they're out grocery shopping, leaving the little pups as easy targets for the foxes and predatory birds that live in the neighborhood.

These people are all probably very nice, lovely people. And I'm sure they think their pets are awesome. But their behavior doesn't demonstrate love for their animal. It demonstrates selfishness, lack of consideration, lack of preparation, lack of thought for their pet.

I'm a dog lover. It's BECAUSE I love animals so much that I take issue with people who don't ask these questions until after they've already purchased their home.
Again sorry I even asked. We spent a long time researching didn't have any previous issues but started seeing this horrible scary postings about just about anything you can think of not just dogs. What you list can be anywhere..people suck. Please again you know nothing about me and I would NEVER treat my dogs like that!

Last edited by Loriemoms; 02-23-2024 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriemoms View Post
I didnt mean to start so many arguments.
It’s dog friendly, it’s owners we don’t care for, lol
Old 02-24-2024, 09:00 AM

I had a neighbor that I really liked, she would stop at the end of my driveway every morning for a chat. She had a snappy yapper on an extendable leash and she would let that dog run across the road in front of golf carts and people. I used to get so annoyed over it. Now she has passed, the yapper is on a farm in Tennessee and all is quiet. I miss her, but I don't miss the yapper.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
I had a neighbor that I really liked, she would stop at the end of my driveway every morning for a chat. She had a snappy yapper on an extendable leash and she would let that dog run across the road in front of golf carts and people. I used to get so annoyed over it. Now she has passed, the yapper is on a farm in Tennessee and all is quiet. I miss her, but I don't miss the yapper.
Those retractable leashes are so horrible, they should be recalled and not be allowed at all. If you had a collar around your neck and had to pull AGAINST it with every single step, you'd be yapping constantly too. The leash is spring-loaded, so it is always trying to shorten, while Fido is trying to either move further away or even just maintain his distance.

Every time I see a dog on one of those leashes I feel sad for it.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,066 Times in 1,769 Posts

There seems to be two kinds of “dog lovers”. Those that love the animal for what it is, and those that love the dog for what it can do for them. I bet they feel similarly towards people.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:29 AM

you and your dog will be welcomed if you follow the rules and are considerate of others! Get to know the rules and follow the signs if posted (example: Nature trails do not allow dogs.) Like everything else, there are a few people that feel entitled to do whatever they want, whenever they want with their pets. These people are the problem!
Old 02-24-2024, 10:06 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,784 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
There seems to be two kinds of “dog lovers”. Those that love the animal for what it is, and those that love the dog for what it can do for them. I bet they feel similarly towards people.
Only certain people.
Old 02-24-2024, 10:10 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,784 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1 View Post
you and your dog will be welcomed if you follow the rules and are considerate of others! Get to know the rules and follow the signs if posted (example: Nature trails do not allow dogs.) Like everything else, there are a few people that feel entitled to do whatever they want, whenever they want with their pets. These people are the problem!

Like everything else, there are a few people that feel entitled to complain about everything, whatever they want, whenever they want with their miserable life. These people are the problem!
Closed Thread

Tags
thier, dogs, people, dog, yard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.