Sport R.I.P died today about 10:00 A.M. April 7, 2014

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Veteran member

So sorry to hear of your pain.. Our doggies become family because they are so easy to love - I grieve with you.. Take Care.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Oh my God, I am so sorry, Tal. What a sad day for you. I'm not very good at expressing condolences, but you and Sport are in my thoughts & prayers.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Gold member

Sympathies to you Tal. The loss of your beloved pet is a horrible thing.

The "Last will & testament" and "Rainbow Bridge" are not just words - I believe they are truly the feelings of our pets.

We will never forget them!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Sage

I tear up with every post to this thread. The post from quirky 3 made me log off for a few minute for the regathering of my emotions. So many of us are so in tune to your pain. Please call on any of us for support if needed.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Sage
Default Sorry for your loss

Like many dog lovers, I have been through a fair amount of these sad times personally. I was crushed when the dog we had before Caly (current dog) passed away. It took me a while before I felt up to having another dog and then I found Caly. She is now 11 years old and I know I am coming to that same place again. It will be terrible, Caly is my companion, my lab assistant, I tear up just considering it as I write this. That said, I would never give up that time with them just so I would not feel the sorrow again.

I am not much of a writer and I only know you virtually, but wanted to post how sorry I am for your loss.

Time will turn thoughts more positive and if your heart desires you will take the leap again.

Be well….
Old 04-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Like many dog lovers, I have been through a fair amount of these sad times personally. I was crushed when the dog we had before Caly (current dog) passed away. It took me a while before I felt up to having another dog and then I found Caly. She is now 11 years old and I know I am coming to that same place again. It will be terrible, Caly is my companion, my lab assistant, I tear up just considering it as I write this. That said, I would never give up that time with them just so I would not feel the sorrow again.

I am not much of a writer and I only know you virtually, but wanted to post how sorry I am for your loss.

Time will turn thoughts more positive and if your heart desires you will take the leap again.

Be well….
Thanks. I have been researching getting a rescue dog like Sport was. He can never be replaced as all dogs have their own personalities but we can make room for another pet. I still have water bowls, dog food, a dog carrier, etc. It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

I do not think we can handle a puppy.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Thanks. I have been researching getting a rescue dog like Sport was. He can never be replaced as all dogs have their own personalities but we can make room for another pet. I still have water bowls, dog food, a dog carrier, etc. It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

I am so with you, there are so many dogs in shelters that have been abused and need love so desperately. We have had dogs for about 40 years with zero pure breeds. Only adoptions of mix breed and resues.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Sage

Top 10 Reasons Mutts are Awesome | Why We Love Mixed Breed Dogs | petMD

Mutts are the bomb.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Sage

Sorry for your loss. I've been there as well and there isn't much harder than having to make that final loving decision for your fur friend. Hope you find comfort in your memories and there is a pooch out there just waiting for you to bring him home and continue the cycle of your love of animals.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Eternal Member

Aw, so sorry to hear you lost your furry baby. It is so difficult. My thoughts are with you.
I hope you are successful in finding another little rescue baby that so needs a loving home !!
Old 04-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post

Nice. My lovely wife volunteers at a local SPCA. She goes in twice a week to walk the "her" dogs. Yes, she calls them her dogs. I worry about the day I can no longer tell her we simply do not have room with poor old Caly around. I may end up with rotating dogs .
Old 04-07-2014, 02:12 PM

We are so sorry for your loss--we lost our Chloe' toy Poodle almost a year ago--she was 16--Buffalo Ridge also put her to sleep and she resides in Rainbow Bridge--we miss her so much- soon she will meet RIP Sport and they will become friends
Love and prayers

Eddie--Susan-- Sugar and Spice Doran
Old 04-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Sage

Buffalo Ridge has wonderful vets. Your pet was very fortunate to have such a caring and loving owner.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Nice. My lovely wife volunteers at a local SPCA. She goes in twice a week to walk the "her" dogs. Yes, she calls them her dogs. I worry about the day I can no longer tell her we simply do not have room with poor old Caly around. I may end up with rotating dogs .
You will have a special place in 100 million hearts for what you do.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Oh, Tal, I'm so very sorry. Big hugs.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.