Stray/Lost Cat

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Default Stray/Lost Cat

For almost two weeks a cat has been coming around my house. At first the visits came anywhere between 1:00 A.M. and 4:00 A.M. Lately the cat has been appearing earlier in the evening; in fact he is outside my window as I am typing. My cat Ben goes crazy when this cat visits; pacing and crying. This stray cat simply parks himself under an open window or beside an opening at the lanai and just stares at my cat, not uttering a sound. I am sure he is a male, since his head is large. He is beautiful. Butterscotch in color with brown eyes. Thin, but he does not look under nourished or dirty. It is hard for me to believe this is a feral cat. When I go outside he doesn't run unless I get too close. Aside from the fact he is really bothering my Ben I would love for him to go home if he is lost. I never see him during the day and I would be furious to think someone is letting this cat out in the evenings. If anyone has an idea where this cat belongs please let me know. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Default Lonely Cat

I, also, have a cat visit. It is a smaller multi-colored cat. Can't tell if it's male or female, but it likes human contact. If it was wild, I thought it would run away, but it wanted my attention. No tag. If someone's missing this one, I'd try to get it back to them. For now, it has to stay on it's own.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Too many strays

I posted recently about a stray cat that has mixed colors of white brown and a gold around the tummy. He(?) is a fierce hunter and has dined on several mourning doves that loved my back yard. They have all disappeared, only the mocking bird is still alive. The cat looks healthy is young and is unapproachable. I feel for the cat and the birds alike. My neighbor thinks that the cat belongs to someone in the neighborhood but I'm skeptical since he is so wary of me. This past Winter a gentleman from Maine lost his 12 year old Maine Coon cat in Belvedere or Bonnybrook. I'm wondering if the cat that was ginger could be the Coon cat. He was heartbroken and left to return to Maine since he was renting for a month. I believe that a Coon is a very large cat. It is so disheartening to see animals suffer.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:41 AM
Veteran member

I was drving thru the Ashland gate the other day, and there was a poster for a reddish colored lost cat. I don't know where you're located, but that may be the cat! If you can find the poster, or ask around there, you could find the owner.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Platinum member

Suggestion, please:

If you have the ability to post pictures in this forum, it would be helpful to have a shot of your visitor; someone might possibly recognize him/her.

As many TOTV-ers know, I had to put The Cat down last May after he became too ill. For various reasons, I haven't yet replaced him, but am anxious to do so. However, I would not be likely to take in a stray. Still, any story of a lost cat tugs at my heart!

SWR

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.