Thief in the Dog Park

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2014, 09:49 PM

He's not a thief, he's cheap. "How cheap is he?", you ask. He is too cheap to buy Debbie Meyer Green Bags and is taking the green baggies home to keep food that he brings home from the restaurant in doggie bags! Roflmao!

Now, the umbrella bags have me stumped.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:33 AM
Veteran member

I don't think this older man has dementia, or is poor, or is some other sort of needy. I think he is a garden variety thief, and probably has always been a thief. Young thieves grow into old thieves. And some of them move to The Villages.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:38 AM
Sage

If this happened at the dog park, then he's not a cat burglar.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I don't think this older man has dementia, or is poor, or is some other sort of needy. I think he is a garden variety thief, and probably has always been a thief. Young thieves grow into old thieves. And some of them move to The Villages.
AGREE, AGREE, AGREE!

IMHO he does not even think of it as stealing, he sees them, they don't cost him anything and he just takes what he wants.

How many of you (me included) have never brought home from work a 3M post it note pad?, a couple of pencils? or some other "small" item you really could not live without, some extra dinner napkins from the restaurant, etc. etc. and have we ever thought how much this must be costing the company from whom we are stealing? There seems to be a little larceny in most of us.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Veteran member

Did you say anything to the gentleman? I'm afraid I would have asked him why he was taking the bags. He may ignore me, but it would have made me feel better that I spoke up.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-crazy View Post
Good Day, I witness today at the Mulberry dog park a tall person in his 70’s with a black and white bulldog type walk into the pen area and take maybe 30-40 green plastic bags the park patrons uses to pick-up after their pets off the rolls there. Now how cheap can you be to need to steal (in my eyes) from the residents of the Villages?

No wonder our assessments are high if thief can take excessive amounts of supplies anytime they please. Now I understand the person taking a couple of green bags for his walk home with the animal but 30-40 bags! You buy them in the stores in rolls of 100s for a few bucks so I am in wonderment for the need to do steal them. Just thought folks should know….. https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...milies/cus.gif
Just think of the consequences if he didn't take the bags in this case one wrongmay have made 40 rights
Old 04-04-2014, 10:27 AM

Yes, but its not about me feeling better its about the unreasonable lose to residents of the Villages.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Veteran member

Saying nothing accomplished nothing. Maybe next time he would think twice before removing the bags if something had been said.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Good Day, I witness today at the Mulberry dog park a tall person in his 70’s with a black and white bulldog type walk into the pen area and take maybe 30-40 green plastic bags the park patrons uses to pick-up after their pets off the rolls there. Now how cheap can you be to need to steal (in my eyes) from the residents of the Villages?

No wonder our assessments are high if thief can take excessive amounts of supplies anytime they please. Now I understand the person taking a couple of green bags for his walk home with the animal but 30-40 bags! You buy them in the stores in rolls of 100s for a few bucks so I am in wonderment for the need to do steal them. Just thought folks should know….. https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...milies/cus.gif
Since you saw this incident take place,
why didn't you say something to that person???
Old 04-05-2014, 12:59 PM

When I worked at Publix, we would have folks return a half eaten rotisserie chicken because it was 1) too well done 2)not done enough 3) wrong flavor, etc, and request a full refund. Happens all the time. As for is it stealing? Yep. "Thou shalt not steal" is pretty straightforward and hard to misinterpret. Just because someone may need something does not give that person the right to take it, without pay, from someone else, be it a person or a business establishment. That's my opinion, anyhow.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Gold member
Default I sympathize, but...

Quote:

if the rolls of a hundred bags costs just a few $ how does that equate to increase assessments. No he's not a good person...yes he's stealing from the rest of us and should be stopped and made to pay, but you cross the line when you compare it to increased assessments and then state they are so inexpensive. You are intentionally increasing the value to get folks incensed.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Gold member

Oh no --- i would not approach the man -- he may attack me or even shoot me --- call community watch --- not my job man
Old 04-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Veteran member

Call Community Watch about a poop bag?
Old 04-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
If this happened at the dog park, then he's not a cat burglar.
Only you doug - Only you!!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.