thumbs up to Belleview Veterinary Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Veteran member
Default thumbs up to Belleview Veterinary Hospital

We just had our Morkie spayed yesterday and an errant dewclaw removed. The vet tech was fabulous and very caring. We had asked for them to leave in the ovaries and just remove the uterus which Dr. Erwin said was possible, so we were delighted to find a vet who could and would do that.

The total cost was $316 which was well below the estimates I got for the spaying alone from other clinics. And they also have a vet there who uses alternative approaches including acupuncture. They also have 24hr emergency service so all in all we are very happy that we found this facility and it was definitely worth the drive to Belleview.

LW888
Old 11-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Please post a picture of your new puppy and enlighten us regarding leaving the ovaries intact and if this is becoming a standard procedure. I frequently learn something from your interesting and compassionate posts.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Veteran member

Tikki currently has a elastic bandage around her middle to stop her froml licking, but I will post a pic as soon asI figure out how. Regarding keeping ovaries intact, I refer you to Dr. Becker and an interview on her wwebsite with a doctor who has pioneered studies in the efficacy of the surgery. For us it was a natural choice of leaving aas much in as possible but eliminating the possibility of having puppies. The argument re mammary gland tumors later wasn't an issue,, as the evidence shows that females who had many litters, were the ones who got tumors more. We also are of the belief that the raw diet supports a good immune system and that homeopathic treatment can handle whatever needs she may have in the future.

If you google Dr.Karen Becker Vet- spaying, you will get an article and there are a few that she has had over the years on spaying. The trikk is finding a vet who will do it.

LW888

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.