Tribute

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd
Default Tribute

Our Tigger cat died on December 30, 2010. He was a beautiful Brown Tabby with almost perfect markings and had the traditional “M” on his forehead. He was active, appeared healthy, had a beautiful coat, clear eyes and seemed to be in good condition. He was in the family room with me, sleeping in a chair. I heard a thump as he hit the floor, he moaned, I got up to see what was wrong, he moaned again and was dead. Heart attack, stroke, blood clot, seizure, aneurysm, or what I am not sure. Doubt we will ever know, but he is gone. Hopefully some little person needed a good kitty and Tigger has a new home now with someone who loves him as much as we did.

Tigger as a kitten all worn out and as a cat waiting for one of us to come home.
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida

Tigger was an unusual cat. He had many nick names. Tigger Two Cats, Tiggerpottamus, Tiggie, Gulumpfurgus, sometimes even “rotten cat or obnoxious cat” but he knew them all. He was a very large cat. He had huge paws and long legs with a broad muscular chest. Yes he was a little overweight, hence the nick name Tigger Two Cats. He could hear you open a container of ice cream or cool whip from anywhere in the house and be in the kitchen in less than 2 seconds. And he would stand on his hind legs and his front paws would almost reach the counter top. He rarely got rewarded but he was very persistent in his effort and meowed for his share.

He was also a very vocal cat. He would start to meow an hour before dinner or breakfast and insist he was ready to be fed. I never could seem to teach him to tell time. Although he seemed to hang around the cuckoo clock a lot of the time for some reason. He would meow to go out on the screened porch and play outdoor cat. He would stalk birds and squirrels and be as stealthy as a big cat could. He was an indoor cat and only had one escape. He ran straight through the screen after something one time. He came home later with a baby copperhead and gave it to Samantha our other cat to play with. Needless to say I patched that hole pretty fast.
He was always at the door to greet us when we came home. I have never walked in the house from the garage that Tigger was not there doing his flop and stretch to get his belly rubbed. If I was home and Susi was coming, he would run to the door before her car hit the driveway. And our driveway is over 200 feet long. How he knew, I am not sure, but he was always there waiting at the door for either of us.

Tigger would always come when I whistled. He would come running into the room, jump in my lap and but his head into my mouth. He either didn’t like my whistling or was trying to find the bird he thought I had hid someplace. Again he would meow and carry on until I stopped.

He had many other strange habits. He never met a door he didn’t want to be on the other side. He would come whenever I was in the shower and stand on the tub beside the glass and wait for me to get out. He was always in whatever room we were in wanting to help with whatever we were doing. He wanted to be around us all the time. He was very afraid of strangers. He would run and hide under a bed or sofa whenever someone he didn’t know came to visit. He took a long time to get to know people, but once he decided they were OK he would remember them forever. He was a very dainty eater and took a very long time to eat his food. Our other cat Samantha would finish her dinner in 30 seconds and then try for his. I had to separate them at meal times or he would never get anything to eat. He would just stand aside and let her eat his dinner if I didn’t. Some of his favorite places was in the laundry basket, and only if there were clean cloths there. And you could never pack a suit case without him jumping in and laying down. Think he was trying to prevent either of us from leaving vs wanting to go with us. Needless to say, Samantha is not sure what is going on yet and seems to wander around looking for him. Tigger would always be doing something to make you laugh. He would jump in the air and run through the house, or stand in the window and follow the birds with his head. He was positive that the lazar dot lived under the speaker in the family room, as I would let him chase it around the room then run it toward the speaker and turn it off. He would paw the carpet, meow and look at me saying “where is it” with his expression. Tigger loved to have his face rubbed. He would let you rub his face and whiskers for as long as you would. Every outside corner in our house needs to be repainted at about 16 inches up as has rubbed everyone of them with his face for hours.

I have always lived around or had cats since a child. Tigger was the nicest cat anyone could ever wish to have. We will miss him. We loved him and just hope he is in a happy place with someone who cares for him.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Oh, Chris, I'm so very, very sorry. I was looking forward to meeting Tigger and Sam. Even though I've never met him, I do feel I know him -- from our conversations and this wonderful tribute. May he enjoy his time at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for Samantha, Susi and you.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-03-2011, 03:54 PM

What a wonderful tribute and what a wonderful kitty! I'm so sorry for your loss.

Gail

Village of Pennecamp
Old 01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Platinum member

Losing your pet is one of the hardest things to experience. When I lost Maggie it took a year for the tears to dry. Sorry for the loss
Old 01-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Tigger as a kitten all worn out and as a cat waiting for one of us to come home.
The Villages Florida

I'm so sorry for the loss of your pretty baby! My son and his girlfriend lost their lovable Oreo, a black and white bunny a little more than a week ago and your story has my emotions flowing again! The way you spoke of him tells us that he must have had a good loving life. No doubt you'll miss him and if he could he would have told you... Thanks for the good life!

Also, I sent my son and his girlfriend a poem as soon as I could following their loss, and I made believe that it was sent to them from Oreo. Here is a similar one for you:
I wasn't ready to go, but it was my time.
Didn't need the vet, though certain you wouldn't mind.

You were with me till, suddenly I went to sleep,
Then you bowed your head, and did softly weep.

Maybe not right away, but in time to come,
You'll both understand, you were my dearest friends.

Tigger The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Sage

Sorry on the loss of your beloved Tigger.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Veteran member

So sorry for your loss - and for Samantha too. You wrote a beautiful tribute. Tigger knew he was loved.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

One can feel the love from such a beautiful tribute....b

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 01-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am so sorry Chris. Our animals make our life richer and better. It hurts so much when they go. You wrote a beautiful tribute. Thank you for allowing us to know Tigger.

I see one more reason to think you are a great person.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Gold member

So very sorry to hear about Tigger - what a wonderful tribute you wrote about him, much deserved. Bless you - and yes, he is in a wonderful place and will always be in your heart.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:49 PM

So sorry to hear of your loss. What a beautiful tribute to your kitty. How much they become part of lives, they are truly a beautiful gift.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:53 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss of Tigger. My Ben cat died on June 24th and I continue to grieve for him. I miss him so much. I am constantly waiting for "a sign"; something to let me know he is okay. Your tribute was beautiful. I keep a journal of our life with Ben, from when we adopted him as a kitten until losing him to cancer at the young age of twelve. Gob Bless you. I can tell you loved him and he was a happy boy.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Sage

l2 - It's always tough to lose a pet, but even moreso when it happens that unexpectedly. Tigger sounds like he was a really cool guy - just feel blessed to have had him for the time you did.

Sympathies -
Bill
Old 01-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Dear l2ridehd,

That was a beautiful tribute to your dear friend. What a handsome cat and such perfect pictures to treasure his memory. (His baby picture reminded me of the famous Chessie the Railroad Kitten.)

I know you gave Tigger a special life with you and yours. And I know you will miss him every day for a long time. But you will always know that when you opened your home and your heart to him, he found a special place, but you were really the lucky one.

I share in your tears. I understand.

Boomer
Old 01-03-2011, 09:36 PM

Being given the opportunity to share our lives with animals is a very special gift. And those of us who were blessed to have animals will hold it in our hearts forever!

My thoughts are with you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.