A Tribute to Ike and His Owners

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Saying Goodbye - Loss of a pet - YouTube

I still miss Sport a great deal at times. It is kind of a blessing to have a new dog that looks quite a bit like the old one, buy Beau does often make me remember Sport more often. Of course, my various pictures of Sport taken by Debra Raskin in my bedroom do not help. But, I do that to show I am loyal to his memory as he was loyal to me. I will do the same thing for Beau. I hope that's in 15 years or more though.
That's still a new wound for you, Tal. Beau takes your mind off of Sport but will never replace him. He's got new "features" for you to love. Crosby took over after Bear died in 2007. They look the same, feel the same, but they aren't the same. Love him just the same, though!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:48 PM

What a blessing for Ike that his loved ones cared enough that he wouldn't suffer. Sometimes I wish that when I am ready to go and in pain that there was a way to help me move on. I do feel this is a gift for our beloved pets and after all these years, I have never forgotten one of them and the joy they gave me.
Peace.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

It's a tough one. They are great pet owners. They are sorting through Ike's things, and want to send us some stuff. I asked if they have an old collar or tag holder, or something Crosby could wear on occasion, we would like to have it in remembrance.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.