Update - South Lake Animal League Shelter

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2017, 09:41 AM
Gold member
Default Update - South Lake Animal League Shelter

Sorry, I had to make a new post. I couldn't add the update to the old one for some reason.

Update from South Lake Animal League (aka The Animal League)....their adoption center is reopening on Fri., Sept. 22. Their thrift store is still closed due to the hurricane and that is their major source of revenue. They said that as each day passes with the thrift store closed, they lose ground to help their over 200 dogs and cats currently under their care. They need to be able to purchase medications and pay the bills. They said they could truly use some financial support right now.

Here is their website. If you want to make a monetary donation, look for the blue button toward the top of the page that says Donate: The Animal League – Rescuing animals since 1988

I sent them a message to tell them that many of you have ordered dog food to be sent to them and they are so appreciative. Thank you to all. And thank you to the ones who made a monetary donation.

To send them a check:
South Lake Animal League
4648 Baptist Island Road
Groveland, FL 34736

Their phone: 352-429-6334 (not sure if they are manning the phone since they aren't open).

Thank you all.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:32 PM

Thanks for the update. I hope they can open the store soon. Do you know if it is because the power is still out, or if their merchandise was destroyed?
Old 09-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrafty View Post
Thanks for the update. I hope they can open the store soon. Do you know if it is because the power is still out, or if their merchandise was destroyed?
socrafty, Sorry, I do not know. I did not ask when we were corresponding. You can call them and check if you want to (assuming someone is answering the phones.)
Old 09-20-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
socrafty, Sorry, I do not know. I did not ask when we were corresponding. You can call them and check if you want to (assuming someone is answering the phones.)
Thanks Geo, I will call them at the end of the month. We are having a garage sale soon and I thought if they needed merchandise i can donate what does not sell.

Tags
animal, league, update, lake, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.