Urgent message from Stonecrest to The Villages !!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

I'm not sure why this thread is in the "Lifestyles in the Villages" area...shouldn't it be in the "Non Villages Discusion area"? In fact, why is this thread still active? The OP has now stated the meeting in question (I THINK this meeting applies to his concerns?????) is only open to Stonecrest Residents? Amazing...............
Old 05-27-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdV View Post
For those adding to the confusion about the Right of Way issue, let me try to clear up something.

The entire southern border of Stonecrest has a 30 yard wide strip of land that is owned by the Stonecrest POA. The POA has granted the electric company a right of way for their power lines that run the entire length of that border on towers that are erected on Stonecrest’s property. This right of way does not preclude the use of that land by the POA or its residents provided that doing so does not interfere with the electric company’s use.

There are signs along the fence line that remind Stonecrest to keep their dogs on a leash and pick up after them.
I think they may change the sign to read "keep dog on leash in hand". May be too expensive to do, and hopefully forgetaboutit. Leashes these days get slippery.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Silvertoken:

Why don't you and your group use the very large designated dog use open space long the same fence line approximately 1/2 mile West that doesn't border Villages homes?
I was wondering the same thing Chuck. That area shown in the attachments seems much better as a temporary gathering place (leashes still required).

I too don’t know what Silvertoken is trying to accomplish with this post. In the meantime here are a few thoughts for him from a fellow Stonecrest resident:

You knew that Stonecrest has a strictly enforced leash policy when you purchased here.

The entire Stonecrest community plans, including every one of the planned amenity facilities was laid out over a decade ago. Those plans as well a scaled three dimensional layout is available for viewing in the sales office near the front gate. No such gated dog park was ever planned or contemplated.

So what you’re club is asking for is that the residents of Stonecrest should pay for the building of a capital improvement recreational facility that was never planned for.

Keep in mind that for many years, the garden club was using a plot of land owned by the developer for irrigated vegetable beds. But the developer now has a buyer of that land and when he offered to instead lease the property to the garden club with club funds, they folded up and walked away. So if the developer has not yet closed the deal with the prospective owners, maybe your dog club can lease the area instead. It’s already fenced and it’s got water too.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	dogpark.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	363.2 KB
ID:	14670   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000702.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	14671  

Last edited by EdV; 05-27-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB in TV View Post
I'm not sure why this thread is in the "Lifestyles in the Villages" area...shouldn't it be in the "Non Villages Discusion area"? In fact, why is this thread still active? The OP has now stated the meeting in question (I THINK this meeting applies to his concerns?????) is only open to Stonecrest Residents? Amazing...............
I guess because some attended Villager's grandkid stuck his hand through the fence and got dog feces on it??? No idea, really.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdV View Post
I was wondering the same thing Chuck. That area shone in the attachments seems much better as a temporary gathering place (leashes still required).

I too don’t know what Silvertoken is trying to accomplish with this post. In the meantime here are a few thoughts for him from a fellow Stonecrest resident:

You knew that Stonecrest has a strictly enforced leash policy when you purchased here.

The entire Stonecrest community plans, including every one of the planned amenity facilities was laid out over a decade ago. Those plans as well a scaled three dimensional layout is available for viewing in the sales office near the front gate. No such gated dog park was ever planned or contemplated.

So what you’re club is asking for is that the residents of Stonecrest should pay for the building of a capital improvement recreational facility that was never planned for.

Keep in mind that for many years, the garden club was using a plot of land owned by the developer for irrigated vegetable beds. But the developer now has a buyer of that land and when he offered to instead lease the property to the garden club with club funds, they folded up and walked away. So if the developer has not yet closed the deal with the prospective owners, maybe your dog club can lease the area instead. It’s already fenced and it’s got water too.
29 May 10:15AM POA office, You are welcome to join us to discuss this further.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
I guess because some attended Villager's grandkid stuck his hand through the fence and got dog feces on it??? No idea, really.
Never trust a baby with many strange dogs Doug. Many parents would agree with me.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertoken View Post
Never trust a baby with many strange dogs Doug. Many parents would agree with me.
Give it up................................
And I recall another line "Scarlet I don't give a damn".
Old 05-27-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Give it up................................
And I recall another line "Scarlet I don't give a damn".
Great news Bogie, the moderator informed me they have an ignore button. Hope that'll work for you. How you doing today? I wanted to make sure I answered everyones post as nicely as possible.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertoken View Post
Great news Bogie, the moderator informed me they have an ignore button. Hope that'll work for you. How you doing today? I wanted to make sure I answered everyones post as nicely as possible.
I'm doing fine, glad you took your medicine.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Administrator

TOTV is not the solution to the OP original question which has had much input at this point. Thread is being closed so we can advance.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.