Urgent message from Stonecrest to The Villages !!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Default Urgent message from Stonecrest to The Villages !!!

I'm currently running a dog club in the community of Stonecrest called Waggin Tails Of Stonecrest. Our goal is to obtain a secured area for our dogs . We currently have a dog walk that runs along side your fence line in Spanish Springs. The Villages homes are very close to our fence line perhaps 10 feet or more and has caused a lot of problems. For instance the noise, feces, urine and most importantly the children who play in the back yard of their grandparents home. I have personally urged our POA to relocate to a better area behind a ball field and to fence it in. (also to padlock it when a game is playing).
Personally I wouldnt want a dog run behind my yard , so I understand The Villages residence concerns. We inquired how The Villages were able to obtain a dog park and to much of our surprise is that The Villages does not own them but lease the property. Sadly I was informed that the community of Stonecrest property insurance would drop them if they were to open a dog park. I really need to talk explain to the POA the seriousness of this matter. We have been chased away with water, food waste, guns, bodily harm and I have tried my best to mediate these problems in a friendly manner and its not easy. Our membership has grown fairly large, and have sponsered food drives and social gatherings and have articles in the The Villages Sun Times. I have a web site called Stonecrestflorida.com with videos. I hate to say this but I failed my community to keep all of us safe. Hopefully, The Villagers will forgive me in this matter and I will soon try to remedy this situation.

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertoken View Post
I'm currently running a dog club in the community of Stonecrest called Waggin Tails Of Stonecrest. Our goal is to obtain a secured area for our dogs . We currently have a dog walk that runs along side your fence line in Spanish Springs. The Villages homes are very close to our fence line perhaps 10 feet or more and has caused a lot of problems. For instance the noise, feces, urine and most importantly the children who play in the back yard of their grandparents home. I have personally urged our POA to relocate to a better area behind a ball field and to fence it in. (also to padlock it when a game is playing).
Personally I wouldnt want a dog run behind my yard , so I understand The Villages residence concerns. We inquired how The Villages were able to obtain a dog park and to much of our surprise is that The Villages does not own them but lease the property. Sadly I was informed that the community of Stonecrest property insurance would drop them if they were to open a dog park. I really need to talk to someone in The Villages who is very important that can help me explain to the POA the seriousness of this matter. We have been chased away with water, food waste, guns, bodily harm and I have tried my best to mediate these problems in a friendly manner and its not easy. Our membership has grown fairly large, and have sponsered food drives and social gatherings and have articles in the The Villages Sun Times. I have a web site called Stonecrestflorida.com with videos. I hate to say this but I failed my community to keep all of us safe including The Villages.
Hellooo, is this real? How do Stonecrest residents, a mile or more away on the other side of 441, have access to a area they can use as a dog walk next to Spanish Springs homes?

OK, I'll bite. Probably just another doggie poop thread
Old 05-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Sage

Honestly. I think instead of investing in a tiny home lot in a golf community, some dog owners should invest in 40 acres somewhere where their dog(s) can run and be free 24/7/365.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
Hellooo, is this real? How do Stonecrest residents, a mile or more away on the other side of 441, have access to a area they can use as a dog walk next to Spanish Springs homes?

OK, I'll bite. Probably just another doggie poop thread
Thank you

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Honestly. I think instead of investing in a tiny home lot in a golf community, some dog owners should invest in 40 acres somewhere where their dog(s) can run and be free 24/7/365.
Thank you

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Sage

I don't know what's "unintellectual" about it. Unless you own your own land, you cannot do what you want using somebody else's land or community-owned land.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
I don't know what's "unintellectual" about it. Unless you own your own land, you cannot do what you want using somebody else's land or community-owned land.
Thank you

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 PM

Please,this is a health issue.

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:27 PM

There is a 3 year old baby still in diapers playing in the dirt with his hands along the fenceline where dog feces and urine have been. He has been playing there almost everyday. This is located in The Villages. I'm concerned. His hand reaches through the fence to pet the dogs and he is by himself unsupervised!!.

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:36 PM

My Video - YouTube

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Sage

Oh my how uncivil this discourse. Shame on us inhumans.
Splintered, warring, tribal, angry...
Old 05-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Sage

Dear Silvertoken, I appreciate your allegiance to pets. I am offended by the neglect of grandchildren playing in pooh. Clearly, children trump pets...? Your issue is pets, not the children? I'm confused by your blaming some authority for not giving animals rights while children are neglected?
Help me out here. I've worked child protection extensively and own and am owned by a thrice abandoned boxer, who, by the way is too precious to me to have romping in an unknown pack. that's my bias, but I am..
sincerely confused,
Kitty
Old 05-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertoken View Post
There is a 3 year old baby still in diapers playing in the dirt with his hands along the fenceline where dog feces and urine have been. He has been playing there almost everyday. This is located in The Villages. I'm concerned. His hand reaches through the fence to pet the dogs and he is by himself unsupervised!! I have names of all the complaints from The Villages also.
Dear Silvertoken, just so you are informed, You could be prosecuted for knowing about child abuse and not reporting.http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-.../abuse-hotline child abuse is a serious allegation to make. Please be sure of your information before reporting and please do report if you are concerned.
Kitty
ps if the links don't work go to myflfamilies.com
Old 05-25-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Oh my how uncivil this discourse. Shame on us inhumans.
Splintered, warring, tribal, angry...
Thank you for the information.

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Dear Silvertoken, I appreciate your allegiance to pets. I am offended by the neglect of grandchildren playing in pooh. Clearly, children trump pets...? Your issue is pets, not the children? I'm confused by your blaming some authority for not giving animals rights while children are neglected?
Help me out here. I've worked child protection extensively and own and am owned by a thrice abandoned boxer, who, by the way is too precious to me to have romping in an unknown pack. that's my bias, but I am..
sincerely confused,
Kitty
Thanks for your comment.

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.