Urgent message from Stonecrest to The Villages !!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2013, 03:16 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I am thoroughly confused. Where exactly is the dog run (maybe highlighted on Google Maps?).

I can understand a homeowner objecting to a slew of dogs being walked by her home constantly, especially since not all owners are conscientious enough to pick up after their dogs. However, if you're being sprayed with water, having food thrown at you, being threatened with a gun, it is time to call the sheriff's department when this occurs (not when you get home, but right then and there). If nothing else, always walk in pairs and have one available to record these incidents. You're talking about a situation that can easily get out of control quickly with tragic results.

As to the grandchild, has anyone told the homeowner what is occurring or suggesting to the grandparent the dangers of the child's actions? Sounds like someone isn't paying a lot of attention to what the little one is doing in the back yard and may truly not be aware.

I am surprised to hear that Stonecrest does not have a dog park for its beloved pooches and sincerely hope you get one soon. It seems like such a basic necessity to me. Maybe you could start a protest -- have all dog owners that want a dog park protest the lack thereof by picketing (with doggies, of course) by the homes of your POA officers (and I'm only half kidding)?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-26-2013, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
It appears to me that Stonecrest has an ongoing issue with their own POA and are asking The Villages to intervene in coming up with a solution for them. Sounds like a dream for the Media to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Florida old codgers fight over property boarders. This is absolutely a situation where people have too much free time to stir the pot. I for one have full confidence that The Villages is smart enough not to get legally involved in this silly issue. I also have great sympathy for the Villagers on the boarder of what is obviously not a proper dog walking area. I do agree also that making child neglect allegations and not reporting it is a crime in itself. Seeing a child unattended playing in dog Pooh is at minimum an issue that should involve law enforcement.
It does appear that may be the best solution, let it go. Border wars is not what I had in mind.

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I am thoroughly confused. Where exactly is the dog run (maybe highlighted on Google Maps?).

I can understand a homeowner objecting to a slew of dogs being walked by her home constantly, especially since not all owners are conscientious enough to pick up after their dogs. However, if you're being sprayed with water, having food thrown at you, being threatened with a gun, it is time to call the sheriff's department when this occurs (not when you get home, but right then and there). If nothing else, always walk in pairs and have one available to record these incidents. You're talking about a situation that can easily get out of control quickly with tragic results.

As to the grandchild, has anyone told the homeowner what is occurring or suggesting to the grandparent the dangers of the child's actions? Sounds like someone isn't paying a lot of attention to what the little one is doing in the back yard and may truly not be aware.

I am surprised to hear that Stonecrest does not have a dog park for its beloved pooches and sincerely hope you get one soon. It seems like such a basic necessity to me. Maybe you could start a protest -- have all dog owners that want a dog park protest the lack thereof by picketing (with doggies, of course) by the homes of your POA officers (and I'm only half kidding)?
Thanks, and yes there could be tragic results. I have warned some of the dog owners to stay away from certain areas.

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertoken View Post
It does appear that may be the best solution, let it go. Border wars is not what I had in mind. So far, you are correct about the free time. I had free time to express a concern that seems I should keep to myself. Seems like you're getting tired of watching the media also. Silly is when you get too old nothing else matters. Sympathy, been there done that. Child neglect, abuse allegations belong in a poll of wisdom worshipers since I never used those words. I notice the many complaints on the Talk Of The Villagers seem to be the favorite subjects for trollers and Confusious of wit, to give their expertise and knowledge of something that has no matter and to force a humiliation on something they are gifted to share. For this I thank thee for sharing this great resolve.
This is what you said: There is a 3 year old baby still in diapers playing in the dirt with his hands along the fenceline where dog feces and urine have been. He has been playing there almost everyday. This is located in The Villages. I'm concerned. His hand reaches through the fence to pet the dogs and he is by himself unsupervised!! I have names of all the complaints from The Villages also.

What several of US are trying to tell you, is that is at a minimum Child Neglect. It appears from your statement that you did not notify the police. Were trying to tell you that is is any citizens responsibility to report any crime especially when a child is involved.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:19 AM

I have delt with the sherriffs dept with simular issues, you have to be very careful what you say.

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:48 AM

Somebody who is good with maps, find this section of land and show us where it is. Children of that age are NOT allowed to live in the villages. Randy, you can call and report that to The Villages deed restrictions if it is worrying you. I don't know why The Villages would involve themselves in this issue concerning Stonecrest's POA. Back to the child, three year old kids don't stand by fences and play with dog poop. Their attention spans are very short, they may stick their hands through the fence to pet the dogs which is dangerous, but they would be doing other things, anyone who has had a kid or grandkid knows that is not too likely that time after time a little kid wouldn't be fixated on hands through the fence. It is hard not to think that some of the things posted about the problem are exaggerated a little. If I had a dog and this was bothering me I would walk it someplace else. It appears this is not a fenced in dog park but an area that has been used for dogs on leashes to relieve themselves?

Is this area fenced in?

Is this area adjacent to Orange Blossom Hills northeast of 441?

If this is an easement, to whom is it deeded?

Is this the area? http://mapq.st/17alekS

Last edited by golf4me; 05-26-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:50 AM
Sage

I will say it before Gracie does: BOY HOWDY
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 05-26-2013, 06:09 AM

dog-park-2-jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4me View Post
somebody who is good with maps, find this section of land and show us where it is. Children of that age are not allowed to live in the villages. Randy, you can call and report that to the villages deed restrictions if it is worrying you. I don't know why the villages would involve themselves in this issue concerning stonecrest's poa. Back to the child, three year old kids don't stand by fences and play with dog poop. Their attention spans are very short, they may stick their hands through the fence to pet the dogs which is dangerous, but they would be doing other things, anyone who has had a kid or grandkid knows that is not too likely that time after time a little kid wouldn't be fixated on hands through the fence. It is hard not to think that some of the things posted about the problem are exaggerated a little. If i had a dog and this was bothering me i would walk it someplace else. It appears this is not a fenced in dog park but an area that has been used for dogs on leashes to relieve themselves?

Is this area fenced in?

Is this area adjacent to orange blossom hills north of 441?

If this is an easement, to whom is it deeded?

Its the second house bottom left.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:25 AM
Sage

Are you saying that people walk their dogs in this area and they don't pick up after the dogs? The dog parks in TV require you to pick up after your dog(s). That may be one of the underlying issues with your community NOT wanting to operate a dog park. Can you imagine a confined area with dogs unleashed running and pooping and the owners not cleaning up after their animals? I can't imagine just letting dogs poop against someone's property line and just leaving it there especially knowing that one particular spot can be touched by a small child. Sorry silvertoken, it sounds like you are barking up the wrong tree trying to get help from TOTV.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Are you saying that people walk their dogs in this area and they don't pick up after the dogs? The dog parks in TV require you to pick up after your dog(s). That may be one of the underlying issues with your community NOT wanting to operate a dog park. Can you imagine a confined area with dogs unleashed running and pooping and the owners not cleaning up after their animals? I can't imagine just letting dogs poop against someone's property line and just leaving it there especially knowing that one particular spot can be touched by a small child. Sorry silvertoken, it sounds like you are barking up the wrong tree trying to get help from TOTV.
Yes like the Villages and anywhere else, there are good folks and bad folks that clean up the pooh, my club has been picking up others pooh and ours. Dogs normally do their business along the fence line for some reason, instinct? Fence line has also been sprayed with a chemical to prevent plant growth. This child has toy trucks and cars in this location, he has also thrown chunks of this debri at the people and dogs. Kid will be kids and will do such things but Im very worried this poor child may get infected.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Dont underestimate TOTV there are plenty of good people in here, just give it a chance. A lot smarter and clever than you and me.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:51 AM
Sage

I'm so sorry all of this is taking place......trying to solve an issue with your POA and dealing with a neighbor who could potentially be breaking laws. If the child is living there for an extended period, that's one violation, if the owner is spraying humans with a hose, potentially another violation. If the child is reaching through the fence, handling things that shouldn't be handled, the parent and/or grandparent is allowing a potentially dangerous situation.
One question.....is the land the dog club uses Stonecrest land? If the area is a good one and all that is needed is fencing, why can't the club members raise money themselves and fence in an area? Maybe that has been suggested and rejected by the POA previously.

I'm sorry your group has to deal with such a situation. You are trying to be responsible pet owners and so far nothing has been a positive. I'm not sure The Villages POA can help, would help, how they could help. Hopefully the homeowner you are dealing with and the violations and bad behavior she exhibits, will be addressed by those who can take appropriate actions and a reasonable resolution for all will be found and soon.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertoken View Post
Dont underestimate TOTV there are plenty of good people in here, just give it a chance.
I realize that TOTV is a wonderful forum and there are great people here. I think you are trying to get people from The Villages to complain about Stonecrest residents not picking up the dog poop in an area near The Villages' homes. I believe you are hoping that the complaints will force your POA in Stonecrest into action and will help to get a dog park for you and other dog owners in your development.

I'm suggesting you first look at the behavior of the people in your group with dogs. People who don't pick up their own dog's poop and allow them to use the bathroom near someone's property-and especially property where a small child can touch the dog poop-may not be the most responsible people in the world when it comes to caring for a dog park. Perhaps the POA notices this and is reluctant to operate a park for this and other reasons.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Sage

@Pooh, I don't have a dog in this fight but according to silvertoken, these people are parading their dogs up and down behind homes, letting the dogs poop near the fence lines and they aren't picking up the poop! I don't think it is the homeowners who are in the wrong here.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
I'm so sorry all of this is taking place......trying to solve an issue with your POA and dealing with a neighbor who could potentially be breaking laws. If the child is living there for an extended period, that's one violation, if the owner is spraying humans with a hose, potentially another violation. If the child is reaching through the fence, handling things that shouldn't be handled, the parent and/or grandparent is allowing a potentially dangerous situation.
One question.....is the land the dog club uses Stonecrest land? If the area is a good one and all that is needed is fencing, why can't the club members raise money themselves and fence in an area? Maybe that has been suggested and rejected by the POA previously.

I'm sorry your group has to deal with such a situation. You are trying to be responsible pet owners and so far nothing has been a positive. I'm not sure The Villages POA can help, would help, how they could help. Hopefully the homeowner you are dealing with and the violations and bad behavior she exhibits, will be addressed by those who can take appropriate actions and a reasonable resolution for all will be found and soon.
The problem is the insurance company. As you notice insurance companys cherry pick the good States from the bad, such as hurricanes, tornados, and also dog bites. An average dog bite in florida will cost $60,000. It is among the highest in the Unites States. To insure a dog will be determined on breed. Some States will soon require all dogs insured.

Last edited by silvertoken; 05-27-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.