Vet and Emergency Vet

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Platinum member
Default Vet and Emergency Vet

We will be moving to TV as soon as we get our house sold and will be bringing our two dogs. One has a chronic lung problem and too often has an acute episode that reaquires fairly immediate treatment. Can anyone give me information about a good vet close to TV and is there an emergency vet fairly close to TV?

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 08-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

We, too, have a dog that requires emergency treatment now and then, so we did a lot of research before deciding on a vet. We chose Country Oaks Veterinary Clinic because they have emergency after-hours treatment. My understanding is that no other clinics close by will treat after-hours and instead refer their patients to the closest emergency vet clinic in Leesburg. They are also AAHA accredited. They have state-of-the-art equipment including an ultrasound.

We took a tour of the place before making our decision. After our initial visit, a time came when it was necessary to administer fluids to our dog, and since we have that experience, the staff sold us the necessary items rather than hospitalize our dog. We were very pleased with their flexibility. Also, were very impressed with the vet we saw, Dr. Augenstein, who is a Villages resident. He is very conservative with treatment, which we prefer. Sometimes "less is more" when it comes to medical care.

Those are our first impressions, but as we are new residents here for only a few months, maybe someone else on TOTV has a better recommendation.

Country Oaks Veterinary Clinic is located at 13938 S. Hwy 441 in Summerfield. Phone: 352-821-2912 for Lake County and for Marion County: 352-347-7387.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Platinum member

Thanks a bunch K-9. We will be living in Pennecamp. Do you have any idea about how long it would take to get to the vet you referred to from there? (by car, not golf cart) Just a rough estimate will do. I know you can't know exactly. Where we live now, it takes us just about 15 mins. to get to the emergency vet.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 08-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Default Vet recommendation

We have lived in TV for 5 years and have used House Calls Mobile Pet since we first moved. They have been here for the good times and the sad times of pet ownership. Dr. Fratello has a full service RV - X-rays, lab tests, surgery suite. She even has routine pit stops at various Villages shopping centers if you need to pick up pet drugs, etc. She and her Vet tech Robin are more like family to us and our pets. I can't say enough wonderful things about them. Here is the link to the website http://www.housecallsmobilepetclinic...PawPrints.aspx
Old 08-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Country Oaks Veterinary Clinic is located at 13938 S. Hwy 441 in Summerfield. Phone: 352-821-2912 for Lake County and for Marion County: 352-347-7387.
Country Oaks also has a mobile vet service. When my Bart was at his end, they came and did the euthanization in our home and then took him and did all of the cremation paperwork, etc.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.