Veterinarians for Dogs Who Are Renting?

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Question Veterinarians for Dogs Who Are Renting?

Can anyone suggest a veterinarian in TV who could be called in case our dog needs attention while we are there? While it is not likely to happen, I would like to know who to contact, just in case.

We may have to travel with our dog this time. She is still enjoying her life, but she is 105 years old. Actually, she is a few months past her 105th birthday. We know it was in April sometime...we think. Our dog is the breed that I call "Nature's Finest Genetic Engineering" and she showed up at our back door one day and picked us. (Smart Dog) We do not know her birthday, but the vet could make a good guess. But I digress.......

So anyway, if Annie (so named because she was an orphan) needs a vet, who do I call in TV?

Thanks.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 09-15-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Eternal Member

I would think most any vet would see your pet. Find one closest to you and give them a call.

To be on the safe side, ask your current vet for a copy of your pet's records so you have them in case you need to go to a vet. That would give the vet down here a history of shots and medicines and illnesses.

Mine was willing to give me a copy of Bart's records when I moved down here.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Boomer in the flesh?

That is ME laughing with joy because Boomer is sounding mighty like she is coming down to TV from Cincinnati land and there is a good chance I will meet her in person!

Boom, all you need to do is just walk out the front door and ask someone walking their dog to tell you of their vet. That happens about every five minutes on my street!

When are you planning to come to TV?

I know you have already been there once...but this is a wonderful thing for me to look forward to.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Boomer,

I had the need to get a quick appointment for Finley just after we got here - confusion about his rabies shot (!!!). Buffalo Ridge got him in that afternoon. They are right off Route 466 - a central location.

k
Old 09-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe

Veterinarina for dogs who are renting?...I didn't know dogs could rent....sorry couldn't help myself
Susie
Old 09-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
Veterinarina for dogs who are renting?...I didn't know dogs could rent....sorry couldn't help myself
Susie
I have a feeling that Boomers dog Annie could rent. She is probably an English Major too.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-15-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
Susie
Hi Susie,

I just knew that would get picked up.

I think that "who are renting" is an adjective clause, introduced by the relative pronoun who and modifying the noun dogs. And ohhhh, Susie, be careful because somebody might start accusing you of being an English major. That happens around here sometimes to me.

And Gracie is so right. My dog probably could rent all on her own. She certainly runs our lives too much.

In fact, who says that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks? She has a new one. Now, she goes to the door, pretending to want outside, but as soon as we go over to open the door to let her out, she circles around our feet and tries to herd us into the kitchen to get her something to eat. (And we are learning.....A nice little slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter does nicely or maybe a little piece of a banana....We are catching on pretty well.)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 09-15-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Gold member
Default people training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hi Susie,

I just knew that would get picked up.

I think that "who are renting" is an adjective clause, introduced by the relative pronoun who and modifying the noun dogs. And ohhhh, Susie, be careful because somebody might start accusing you of being an English major. That happens around here sometimes to me.

And Gracie is so right. My dog probably could rent all on her own. She certainly runs our lives too much.

In fact, who says that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks? She has a new one. Now, she goes to the door, pretending to want outside, but as soon as we go over to open the door to let her out, she circles around our feet and tries to herd us into the kitchen to get her something to eat. (And we are learning.....A nice little slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter does nicely or maybe a little piece of a banana....We are catching on pretty well.)

Boomer
Our dog has us trained to pick him up (that's right - he rolls over and lays there grinning at you) when it's time for him to go outside in the fenced yard before bedtime. He'll walk out to the porch if you pick up the leash and are actually taking him on a real walk, but not if you're just letting him out. And we do it!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
Our dog has us trained to pick him up (that's right - he rolls over and lays there grinning at you) when it's time for him to go outside in the fenced yard before bedtime. He'll walk out to the porch if you pick up the leash and are actually taking him on a real walk, but not if you're just letting him out. And we do it!
What in the world is the matter with us? We are supposed to be sane and sensible girls from Ohio. And here we are, allowing ourselves to be manipulated by our dogs. (Perhaps we can tell ourselves that our dogs are just trying to make sure we exercise more because they love us so. Yes. That must be it.)

Boomer
Old 09-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Now Sue,

I disregarded Boomer's dangling participle because, after all, she is an ENGLISH major. I, a mere Accounting major, would never dream of entering grammar wars with Boomer. Then again, I did have 12 years of English with nuns. That must count for something. And I do know the difference between ad adjective and an adverb. And I know that gerunds are the cross dressers of the English language - ha! - did not learn that from nuns!

Kate
Old 09-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Now Sue,

I disregarded Boomer's dangling participle because, after all, she is an ENGLISH major. I, a mere Accounting major, would never dream of entering grammar wars with Boomer. Then again, I did have 12 years of English with nuns. That must count for something. And I do know the difference between ad adjective and an adverb. And I know that gerunds are the cross dressers of the English language - ha! - did not learn that from nuns!

Kate
Kate, oh but it could be that rumors of my English majorness are greatly exaggerated.

And besides....you know it is fun to leave a participle dangling.

Boomer
Old 09-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Sage
Arrow Fyi...

Boomer, my husband has his own Veterinarian practice in Illinois for 35 years. Now completely retired. But, when we first moved here two years ago, he filled in for a bit. He likes Dr. Valdez. Dr. Valdez has the The Villages Veterinary office, but really the one in Fruitland Park (not far at all) has a better staff. Also, we've heard good things about Mulberry Grove and Buffalo Ridge.

But, just so you know, emergency services are not right around the corner. A 24/7 Clinic is in Leesburg. I'm sorry I don't know the name off hand. Perhaps someone can come up with it here. Also, there is a Vet that does house calls. Barefoot used them and liked them very much.

There are no shortage of Vets here. I just wish there was a 24/7 operation a little closer.

p.s. I can't compete in the English debate because, even though I managed to get a Journalism Degree, I spent most of my life in advertising where all rules were thrown out the window and we had to write in :30 second increments! Hahaha! I think my husband wishes my chatter would be as condensed!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Boomer, Kate and Gracie Girl

I give...I give...We Nurses never write in correct English any way and no one would ever cofuse me with being an English major: D which begs the question...perhaps the prepositional phrase modifies who which could modify Veterinarians...again sorry: laugh:

Yep...I know Boomers dogs could rent: laugh: I know my Sheltie could... but not my poor Shih Tsu...not the brightest lightbulb in the box...but sooo cute.

Anyway I'm glad you got a good answer Boomer and that everyone can put up with my teasing....
You all are the best. Susie
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.