Vicious Attack Dog bit my Foot & Sandals

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2023, 04:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john mayes View Post
my wife bell trained ours. Surprised at how fast they picked it up and it works great.
wives are very good at training. In self defense i've countered with the pavlov technique. I'd call it a draw so far.
Studying up on shock and awe method. We'll see how effective starting april 1st.
Old 04-01-2023, 04:37 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltarzac725 View Post
a future dog pooper!
we'll be seeing him in the carts and restaurants. Haven't shared a pew yet though.
Old 04-01-2023, 04:48 AM

Congrats! I love scnauzies! Wish the hubs would let me get one!
Old 04-01-2023, 05:22 AM
Veteran member

put him a cage to house break. Dogs do not "go" where they sleep/eat and will learn to hold themselves through the night. Sounds cruel? NO it is NOT. It WORKS. Cruel is YOU getting up in the middle of the night to "walk" him. Trust me, I have tried this with my dogs ( and yes, I was hesitant at first), but it does work.
Old 04-01-2023, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy2231 View Post
He will be trained for my yard only!
Enjoy Him, we (my Wife & I)rescue or re-homed older unwanted abused Dogs. They usually are house trained by us in about a week. Just be consistent!
We have trained them as old as 9 1/2 years old, that have had no training what so ever.
We have done this for almost 40 years and no less than 2 dogs but not more than 3.
Just Enjoy your best Friend.
Old 04-01-2023, 05:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
This might edge out the toilet paper post for thread of the month.
Wife and I both loved it. Glad she shared.
Old 04-01-2023, 06:20 AM
Default Minnie Schnauzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy2231 View Post
Jack is a Mini Schnauzer, 2 months old, in Altamonte Springs – OY VEY, what a trip! From a litter of 5 boys & 2 girls. I got first pick of the boys today. I am picking him up Sunday as I needed to get his supplies. He’s so cute, cuddly and gives lots of kisses. I’m sure I’ll have to deal with his anxiety withdrawal. Plus he has to get used to new rules; no jumping on the furniture, no chewing whatever he finds & no free roam of the house. Getting him outside trained for his business & like a baby, I will have to get up in the middle of the night to let him out. It’s a lot…BUT…Yes, And, it will be far more fun than chores and easier than a man.

Luckily, the breeder is letting me put her in my will as Jack’s inheritor for he will surely outlive me. She’ll be able to sell him as he has papers, AKC & all that jazz.

A New Mommy
Congratulations and have lots of fun with your miniature schnauzer. I now have another miniature schnauzer, which would be my third. He is seven years old now, and his name is Leo. If you are familiar with the old show “Car 54,” you will know why I named him Leo. There was a character on it named Leo Schnauzer.

I find these dogs easy to housebreak. They are smart and affectionate. They are also very alert and will be good protection to you. The only downfall I have about my dog is that sometimes barks a little too much. Otherwise, I love him to pieces.
Old 04-01-2023, 06:36 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Yes, so hard to train a man to do that! Laughing.
“he has to get used to new rules; no jumping on the furniture, no chewing whatever he finds & no free roam of the house. Getting him outside trained for his business & like a baby, I will have to get up in the middle of the night to let him out.”
Old 04-01-2023, 06:49 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

BY "let him out" I hope you mean TAKE HIM OUT. Let him out a few times alone and the coyotes will give you a thank you award.
Old 04-01-2023, 06:52 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quent View Post
Enjoy Him, we (my Wife & I)rescue or re-homed older unwanted abused Dogs. They usually are house trained by us in about a week. Just be consistent!
We have trained them as old as 9 1/2 years old, that have had no training what so ever.
We have done this for almost 40 years and no less than 2 dogs but not more than 3.
Just Enjoy your best Friend.
I love hear from fellow old dog rescuers. I also take older dogs no one wants, as well as fostering...... thank you for doing it too.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:12 AM
Default New Puppy

Beautiful puppy, Christine. Enjoy him! Dogs are wonderful.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
She stated she is training him to "go" in her own yard... that's what we always did also, the instructor at obedience training always explained how a dog should be trained to go at their own home, and sure enough, it was not difficult, but you did have to NEVER give in for the training period... just like with kids, if you fail to reinforce just one time, the behavior becomes even more difficult to extinguish !
Yes, a technique that I've seen work is that whenever they "go" in the right area, 3 tiny treats (or pieces of kibble). Three to distinguish the reward from a regular treat. Do not provide treat or pets if they go elsewhere (never). Dogs very quickly get the association.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:41 AM
Veteran member

Congrats on your new baby. Expect years of love but also expect a few months of work!! I have a 5 y/o Havanese. She trained quickly although there were some frustrating moments. She has never chewed anything that she shouldn’t but I provided things for her to chew that were hers. She will snitch a shoe or slipper occasionally but will only put her chin on it waiting for some reaction. Five years into this process I cannot tell you how much joy she has brought to my life and during COVID lockdown she helped me keep my sanity. I have no regrets, I have unconditional love and snuggles and puppy kisses. What could be better? She is the 13th dog of my life and considering my age, likely my last. My daughter and son-in-law promised to take her should I pass. I hope you have the same joy that I do with your little one. And one more thing…what did you name him??
Old 04-01-2023, 08:28 AM
Veteran member

Congratulations!! Mini schnauzers are great dogs. Super intelligent.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
wives are very good at training. In self defense i've countered with the pavlov technique. I'd call it a draw so far.
Studying up on shock and awe method. We'll see how effective starting april 1st.
WOW - good luck! never heard of shock & awe
Closed Thread

Tags
boys, trained, it’s, finds, free

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.