Vicious Attack Dog bit my Foot & Sandals

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2023, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaNi4os View Post
Congrats on your new baby. Expect years of love but also expect a few months of work!! I have a 5 y/o Havanese. She trained quickly although there were some frustrating moments. She has never chewed anything that she shouldn’t but I provided things for her to chew that were hers. She will snitch a shoe or slipper occasionally but will only put her chin on it waiting for some reaction. Five years into this process I cannot tell you how much joy she has brought to my life and during COVID lockdown she helped me keep my sanity. I have no regrets, I have unconditional love and snuggles and puppy kisses. What could be better? She is the 13th dog of my life and considering my age, likely my last. My daughter and son-in-law promised to take her should I pass. I hope you have the same joy that I do with your little one. And one more thing…what did you name him??
LUV your story! I, too, have had many dogs, cats, parakeets & guinea pigs. After my last pet in 2005, I swore I would not get another. However, I got addicted to watching animal videos on facebook for hours a day over the last 3 months. So now Jack will fill my life w/love and laughter. Radiant Health to you and yours including pet friends!
Old 04-01-2023, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
Yes, a technique that I've seen work is that whenever they "go" in the right area, 3 tiny treats (or pieces of kibble). Three to distinguish the reward from a regular treat. Do not provide treat or pets if they go elsewhere (never). Dogs very quickly get the association.
Glad you took the time to respond about 3 VS 1...did not know that! Radiant Health to you and yours.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Congratulations!! Mini schnauzers are great dogs. Super intelligent.
Aw Shucks! Radiant health to you and yours.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyjourneyfan View Post
Beautiful puppy, Christine. Enjoy him! Dogs are wonderful.
Thanks. Jack & I will have many years of LUV & fun! Radiant Health to you & yours.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
I love hear from fellow old dog rescuers. I also take older dogs no one wants, as well as fostering...... thank you for doing it too.
You are both good humanitarians. Getting Jack tomorrow along with the arrival of more than $300 in puppy supplies.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Yes, so hard to train a man to do that! Laughing.
“he has to get used to new rules; no jumping on the furniture, no chewing whatever he finds & no free roam of the house. Getting him outside trained for his business & like a baby, I will have to get up in the middle of the night to let him out.”
Getting more than $300 in supplies delivered tomorrow. I have a decent sized shower where he will sleep along w/his blanket, bed ticking clock & wee wee pad. He will also start yard training on Monday.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT View Post
Congratulations and have lots of fun with your miniature schnauzer. I now have another miniature schnauzer, which would be my third. He is seven years old now, and his name is Leo. If you are familiar with the old show “Car 54,” you will know why I named him Leo. There was a character on it named Leo Schnauzer.

I find these dogs easy to housebreak. They are smart and affectionate. They are also very alert and will be good protection to you. The only downfall I have about my dog is that sometimes barks a little too much. Otherwise, I love him to pieces.
Nice to hear your story. Can't wait til tomorrow when I pick up Jack.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnerkim View Post
Congrats! I love scnauzies! Wish the hubs would let me get one!
say one showed up in the street
Old 04-01-2023, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
put him a cage to house break. Dogs do not "go" where they sleep/eat and will learn to hold themselves through the night. Sounds cruel? NO it is NOT. It WORKS. Cruel is YOU getting up in the middle of the night to "walk" him. Trust me, I have tried this with my dogs ( and yes, I was hesitant at first), but it does work.
Our pup never has to go out past 9:30 at night (she sleeps on the foot of our bed...), but she is crate trained.

As soon as she sees us getting ready to leave, she trots into her crate, where she gets a treat...

It keeps her out of trouble while we're gone...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-01-2023, 02:14 PM

I have a mini schnauzer almost 10 yrs old. What a blessing she is.

However think doggy door if u can. It will make ur life so much easier
Old 04-01-2023, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Our pup never has to go out past 9:30 at night (she sleeps on the foot of our bed...), but she is crate trained.

As soon as she sees us getting ready to leave, she trots into her crate, where she gets a treat...

It keeps her out of trouble while we're gone...
That's great & I'm doing same thing.
Old 04-01-2023, 06:22 PM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi

Your wisdom more precious than pearls
Old 04-01-2023, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfmi View Post
your wisdom more precious than pearls
aw shucks!
Old 04-01-2023, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy2231 View Post
Jack is a Mini Schnauzer, 2 months old, in Altamonte Springs – OY VEY, what a trip! From a litter of 5 boys & 2 girls. I got first pick of the boys today. I am picking him up Sunday as I needed to get his supplies. He’s so cute, cuddly and gives lots of kisses. I’m sure I’ll have to deal with his anxiety withdrawal. Plus he has to get used to new rules; no jumping on the furniture, no chewing whatever he finds & no free roam of the house. Getting him outside trained for his business & like a baby, I will have to get up in the middle of the night to let him out. It’s a lot…BUT…Yes, And, it will be far more fun than chores and easier than a man.

Luckily, the breeder is letting me put her in my will as Jack’s inheritor for he will surely outlive me. She’ll be able to sell him as he has papers, AKC & all that jazz.

A New Mommy
Beautiful pup; don’t let all the assclowns put any doubt in your head on how special that pup is.

They’re probably forgetting that as a young child they had to get potty trained and their butt wiped and as they grow older, it will start all over again. 😉
Old 04-01-2023, 08:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy2231 View Post
Jack is a Mini Schnauzer, 2 months old, in Altamonte Springs – OY VEY, what a trip! From a litter of 5 boys & 2 girls. I got first pick of it the boys today. I am picking him up Sunday as I needed to get his supplies. He’s so cute, cuddly and gives lots of kisses. I’m sure I’ll have to deal with his anxiety withdrawal. Plus he has to get used to new rules; no jumping on the furniture, no chewing whatever he finds & no free roam of the house. Getting him outside trained for his business & like a baby, I will have to get up in the middle of the night to let him out. It’s a lot…BUT…Yes, And, it will be far more fun than chores and easier than a man.

Luckily, the breeder is letting me put her in my will as Jack’s inheritor for he will surely outlive me. She’ll be able to sell him as he has papers, AKC & all that jazz.

A New Mommy
Where’s the dog that attacked you?.
Stupid story

Last edited by wisbad1; 04-01-2023 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Don’t care
Closed Thread

Tags
boys, trained, it’s, finds, free

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.