Village Dog Show

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Village Dog Show

With all the dog lovers in The Villages I am surprised that there is not a Dog show of some type here in The Villages...or have I missed something!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Default Dog Park

I'm surprised they don't have a dog park being The Villages size.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

There are 3 dog parks. 1 in the Villages on the historic side. 1 in Lady Lake on Rolling acres Rd. And our favorite Doggie Do Run Run on CR 101 just 1 mile south of 466.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Default Dog Show..Great Idea!!

Caroline !! That's a great idea... a Dog Show! I haven't heard of any at TV yet. That would be so much fun!! I have a Schnauzer. I'm sure there would be alot of participation.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I think something like this to have in either the LSL or SS town square would be a great idea for the shop owners, dog lovers, and people who just like to look at spruced up dogs. It would even be better if you could get Sponsors such as PetSmart, PetCO, the Local Human Societies ( and they could offer their adoption services during the show), Pet Products where they could offer samples, and even local Vets and Vet Hospitals.

OK so now how does something like this get started....does the Village Entertainment Center get involved...I would think you need them to get space on the square..plus having approval of Village sponsorship would help in getting main sponsors. Also unless someone on this Board is familiar with dog shows you would need the utmost assistance from a main sponsor who is familair with putting somehting like this on. Whast would be great is if someone here has previous connection with the Pet/Dog industry who could lead this effort...with help of course.

Last edited by 784caroline; 02-26-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
There are 3 dog parks. 1 in the Villages on the historic side. 1 in Lady Lake on Rolling acres Rd. And our favorite Doggie Do Run Run on CR 101 just 1 mile south of 466.
To expand on Opus X's post ....

The only Village-owned Dog Park is in the Historical area east of 441 .... free to residents. There is another in the planning stage for the Mulberry Grove area .. Springdale walking trail area.

The Dog Park on Rolling Acres Road is a "County" park for members. It is open mornings only.

Doggie Doo Run Run on CR 101 is a private dog park. For a $25 monthly fee you can take your dog there anytime from dawn to dusk. If you have two dogs, the fee is $30 per month. Very reasonable and a wonderful place.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny08 View Post
Caroline !! That's a great idea... a Dog Show! I haven't heard of any at TV yet. That would be so much fun!! I have a Schnauzer. I'm sure there would be alot of participation.
Sunny, my schnauzers are in too. They'd love nothing better than to dress up for a change!! Let's make it a TOTV event!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Kathie
Maybe we have to start small...like the monthly meeeting at Chrispers on the patio on a sunny spring day!

Last edited by 784caroline; 02-27-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

What a great idea !!! We could hold our meetings in this little field I know of about a mile north of Orlando , The owners wants to fertilize it for growing corn next year and so you may be able to get it rent free. We could get a truck and to carry plastic bags and , Oh well , you probably won't do it anyway.

I have these flashes , Fumar .
Old 02-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Golden Sunrise Member
Default Dog Show!

My little Finley would wag his tail in happiness!

(Of course he is usually wagging his tail in happiness)

Kate (and Finley the cute Maltipoo)
Old 02-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
I have these flashes , Fumar .
Fumar, I have some great hormone pills you could take for those flashes!?!? let me know. They also will make you grow boobs..LOL!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Fumar
You must be still dreaming about the Buffalos...dont worry these little puppies will not lick you silly...and KathieI does have an alternative!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
With all the dog lovers in The Villages I am surprised that there is not a Dog show of some type here in The Villages...or have I missed something!!!

Caroline, great idea. I would love to see a Dog Show here in TV. There are several clubs (Pet Lovers, Responsible Dog Owners, Dynamite Dogs) that might be interested in organizing this type of event.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.