Village Pet Villas...any experiences?

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Default Village Pet Villas...any experiences?

We are closing on our new home in The Villages and will be driving from Massachusetts with our 2 cats. As if that isn't stressful enough, once we get here, we will have to deal with all the "closing" stuff. We were thinking that we may be best off having our cats stay at someplace like the "Pet Villas" the night we arrive, and while we are dealing with the close. Does anyone have any experiences with this business? Thanks... our moving stress is high!!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:05 PM

We left our Pomeranian and Cairn Terrier at the Village Pet Villas for the day when we closed on our house in August. Very nice accommodations for your pets and very nice people. We have since had both dogs groomed there also, and have had no complaints. I would recommend Village Pet Villas to you.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Just make sure you bring their health/shots records with you so there are no surprises at the pet facility.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I think I'd just leave the cats in the hotel room if at all possible. They'll probably be more comfortable there than in a place with lot of different animal smells. At least some of your smells would be there, especially if it's the same place you stayed the night before. (Dogs could handle a kennel better after traveling.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-11-2013, 01:21 AM
Sage

I would be leary of leaving cats alone in a hotel room. When we moved from NJ to MI with three cats, we left them in the room while out with the realtor, and one of them got out of the room. Housekeeping error, even though we had the DNDisturb sign on the door. Fortunately, she was found in an enclosed courtyard, but it was scary. I would rather take them in their travel cages in the car if it's cool enough, or leave them with someone. I recommend the place that advertises here, Bedtime Tails. wwwbedtimetailsluxurypethotel.com. We leave our bird there, and they put him in the cat room! The cat room is pristine and is sectioned off into big rooms with white wire separations. They do day care as well as overnight. They are hands-on with the pets.

They love cats. They have three huge, docile cats in residence.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:10 AM

we have our goldendoodle groomed there.. we were very impressed..with the facility..its a family atmosphere for the animals ..
Old 12-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

My dogs have stayed there and I can't say enough about The Village Pet Villas. Very caring wonderful place! I have recommended it to many people and they come back with glowing reports on their experience.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Gold member

Mom and I traveled a lot with our two cats when we went to our condo on St. Augustine Beach. We have a 30 inch cage that we take into our hotel room. If we leave a hotel room for any amount of time (dinner) , we leave both of the cats in that one cage. They don't mind the cage at all and they love being with us.

I may be wrong but I think the Comfort Suites near Spanish Springs takes pets. Its a nice hotel.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
Mom and I traveled a lot with our two cats when we went to our condo on St. Augustine Beach. We have a 30 inch cage that we take into our hotel room. If we leave a hotel room for any amount of time (dinner) , we leave both of the cats in that one cage. They don't mind the cage at all and they love being with us.

I may be wrong but I think the Comfort Suites near Spanish Springs takes pets. Its a nice hotel.
Excellent idea!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBluSkies View Post
We left our Pomeranian and Cairn Terrier at the Village Pet Villas for the day when we closed on our house in August. Very nice accommodations for your pets and very nice people. We have since had both dogs groomed there also, and have had no complaints. I would recommend Village Pet Villas to you.
Thanks! We may do a "close by mail" instead, so we can get right into our house, but if not..this is good to know!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
My dogs have stayed there and I can't say enough about The Village Pet Villas. Very caring wonderful place! I have recommended it to many people and they come back with glowing reports on their experience.
Thanks!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
Thanks so much!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.